Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:26:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773187
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 395
Total: 397

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any one going to Rio and want to share a hotel room?  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Jose G

Any one going to Rio and want to share a hotel room?
« on: April 29, 2013, 09:27:37 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I am planing a trip down to Rio as soon as possible...could be the 3rd week of June for 10 days.
If any one is interested to share a room with me while visiting Dr. Serra for some PMMA treatment is welcome to respond...since Rio's hotel rooms are quite expensive this arrangement could benefit 2 people with the same interest.
I am going via New York down to Rio and could use some good company/make new friends.
Thanks for the feedback.
Jose Gomez

Offline Jose G

Re: Any one going to Rio and want to share a hotel room?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:22:35 pm »
Hello Ann,

I don't understand why you changed my original post.
I might not have specified why I am travelling to Rio but I thought I didn't need to since everyone who travels to Rio (at least from this Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems board), do it to have their face & butt filled with PMMA.

It was rude to change and "lock" my message since nor I, nor everyone here is going to post such a message because we just want to go on holiday, hello!

The reason of this trip is to go see Dr. Serra for PMMA injections (face & butt), and to find some one to share a room in the mean time.

If you do not want to publish my message is up to you but I am trying to find a solution for my lipoatrophy by finding a roomate to share a room with. If I wanted a trip, I would call my travel agent.
Jose Gomez

This is my original post:

Hi Everyone,

I am planing a trip down to Rio as soon as possible...could be the 3rd week of June for 10 days.
If any one is interested to share a room with me while visiting Dr. Serra for some PMMA treatment is welcome to respond...since Rio's hotel rooms are quite expensive this arrangement could benefit 2 people with the same interest.
I am going via New York down to Rio and could use some good company/make new friends.
Thanks for the feedback.
Jose Gomez

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 06:34:08 pm »
Please post all of your thoughts in this thread , you do not need to start a new thread every time you post about the same issue . If you have trouble finding your thread go to your profile page and select show own post and it will take you here .

Ann must have had a good reason for moving your thread , if you have a problem with it you can send her a PM . I cant see any reason for you to take a moderator to task for doing their job , if you don't understand the reason for a decision that's been made ask politely for an explanation and lose the bad attitude .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 07:26:16 pm »
They say that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Of course, at the end of the say you're still stuck with the flies.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 10:16:35 pm »

I love your poodle there in your pic JK. He's cute.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:19:16 pm »
I love your poodle there in your pic JK. He's cute.

-W

That's Zachary Taylor-Thomas Ferret. He's fluffy.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:38:50 am »
Hello Ann,

I don't understand why you changed my original post.
I might not have specified why I am travelling to Rio but I thought I didn't need to since everyone who travels to Rio (at least from this Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems board), do it to have their face & butt filled with PMMA.

It was rude to change and "lock" my message since nor I, nor everyone here is going to post such a message because we just want to go on holiday, hello!

The reason of this trip is to go see Dr. Serra for PMMA injections (face & butt), and to find some one to share a room in the mean time.

If you do not want to publish my message is up to you but I am trying to find a solution for my lipoatrophy by finding a roomate to share a room with. If I wanted a trip, I would call my travel agent.
Jose Gomez

This is my original post:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.
Jose Gomez

Jose,

I didn't lock your original thread - you've just posted in it - I only moved it to a higher traffic forum for you. The "moved thread" notification that appears when a thread is moved is locked by default - it's not the original thread.

I moved your thread for YOUR benefit as more people read the Off Topic forum than the Lipo forum.

If you want, I can move it back to the Lipo forum where very few people will see it. Let me know.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Jose G

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »

Hi guys and Happy Holidays,

Is there anybody interested or planning to go see Dr. Marcio Serra this new year 2015?
I am looking to go see Dr. Serra in Rio but don't know how to go about it. I understand it's a hassle to get by in the city and one has to be careful...The more people that go together forming a group, the better and safer it is... If any one has info on how to go about money changing, cheaper hotels, safety, getting from the airport to Dr. Serra...I would greatly appreciated it.
I have contacted Dr. Serra, he is very friendly but he does not provide NO service of this kind...I remember going to see a Dr. in Colombia not long ago and he sent me someone to pick me up at the airport, gave me a cell phone to use during my stay and contacted me with a friend taxi driver to drive me around the city...this is what I mean by GOOD service...After all, we are travelling thousands of miles and providing good business for these doctors, so that's the least they could do...but as I said Dr. Serra does NOT do any of this, so I am trying to find people interested in coming along in summer 2015.

Feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Jose

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.