Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:47:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 323
Total: 323

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: First results,unaware for long time,coudl I infect someone from family ?  (Read 7368 times)

Offline Poshi90

hi everyone,

I am new here, I was digonsed over a month  ago and I am on my meds for 33 days ( truvada and rezolsta).

I am 25 y old and I ve  been living with HIV probably for  3 -3,5 y - Without knowing it / :( however ot is strage cause looking at my  westen blot results my docotea said that it is likely that infection may be quite fresh ( there are severals antigens tested , p and gp ( proteins + glycoproteins) i had proteins marked as positived and all GP as negative). My CD 4 level was 394 and Viral Load 16 000. - is some one able to advise me also on this one ?

Now I am freaking out that during the time of not knowing it I could accidentally infect perhaps my brother - I recall situation when I used his tymer and I hurt myselft where there was a blood. I've rinsed it with a water so there was no blood visi le when I put it back. my doctor say that I shall not be freaking as there would have to be a fresh liquid blood so that he could potentially get infected. I am on the other hand freaking that only beacuse it has touched my blood and then when we hurts by using it he may get infected. Similar situation with perhaps my dad , i am not sure whether in a rush he has maybe used one of my used razor.

i have  acnes so there were lot of possibilites wheh when I was shaving I could hurt mysleft and there was a blood.

of course as mentioned above no visible fresh blood  was on "equipements" when puted away.

In both situations the doctor says that my concerns are " irrational".

Can anyone please confirm if what the doctor says really hold true and I shall not be freaking.

If there is no risk then I do not want to tell my family about my infection yet as I am very much afraid of that and do not want to worry them.

Any answer very much appreciated. Apologies if i am doubeling.

Thank you.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: First results,unaware for long time,coudl I infect someone from family ?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:07:13 am »
Hello, your doctor is correct, there is no need to freak out.  HIV has to have a certain environment to live and when it hits open air outside of that environment it starts to die.  It is a fragile virus and more difficult to transmit than some people realize.  So there is no need to worry.  And welcome to the forums.

Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 01:38:18 pm »
Hi Bt65,

Thank you very much for your response. it calmed me down a bit. It would be the worst nightmare if I could hurt someone from family.

I thought that the fact that it has contact with my blood means that it is hidden somewhere there and still can infect once in touch with seomeone's else blood.

Thanks.

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:46:16 pm »
1. Sharing IV drug needles.
2. Unprotected anal and vaginal sex.

don't do these things, and you won't infect anyone

that is it, that is all

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 01:57:49 pm »
Thank you Zach.

I am not sure If I am catching correctly

if I can infect someone with needles how is it then possible that razor and trymer are not danger ?

Is it becuase when you write about needles you mean lets say sharing where there is still liquid blood on it and that is the issue which case danger situation ?

Apologies, but I would like to fully understand it.

Offline zach

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 02:10:40 pm »
i am talking about drug injection needles, where the infected blood is drawn into an airtight needle and barrel, and then injected into the person that shares needle... without the blood being exposed to open air

not shaving razors, hair trimmers, or acne, etc... these are NOT methods of transmission

2 things for you to think about, just 2, stay focused on them... those are the only two ways you're going to potentially transmit your virus

not by a toothbrush, not touching a drop or two or five of spilled blood, not a razor

2 things

thats it, thats all... there isn't anything else... no matter how many ways you try to twist it

don't stick your bare dick or your shared needle into someone else

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:24:18 pm »
Thank you. It really helped.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 02:58:47 pm »
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum.
Zach and Betty have given you the truth and I can add much to that.

Try not freak out, diagnosis takes time to digest

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 03:49:51 pm »
Thank you all.

In addition to that for past two weeks I have/had shingles on the left side of my back and also near left ribs, had lots of pain beacuse of it. Read that this kind of   Scattered shingles happens for positive people.. it is kind of end of it, but still some pain. It was consluted with my doc and I am finishing my meds.

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 01:57:23 am »
Hi Poshi90 and welcome to the forum. It is great that you have found this forum - you will find it a great place to find information and get support and advice from people with lots of experience - it helped me a lot.
Sorry about your shingles. i hope you get over it soon.
I have nothing new to add to what the others have already said. What they wrote are the facts.
I can share with you my story to put things in perspective. I was lucky to have been diagnosed shortly after infection - probably 6 weeks after according to my calculations. I was seroconverting and was lucky to have felt the flu-like symptoms which lead me to the doctor and my subsequent diagnosis. I was also travelling quite often during those 6 weeks, and when i would get home, in spite of feeling lousy, my wife and I had NON-PROTECTED SEXUAL INTERCOURSE probably 4 or 5 times. This happened when my VL was growing rapidly i guess. When i was diagnosed, my VL was 6MILLION!!
Of course the first thing that i thought of was had i infected my wife. Luckily the answer is NO. I was lucky. I tell you this is an example of what is a real cause to worry. We had unprotected sex, many times, while VL was high = "holy crap, there is a good chance i infected her, what have i done?!". Again, we were very lucky it ended well.
So, don`t worry, unless you are having unprotected sexual intercourse or sharing needles with your family, you will not infect them.

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 03:16:17 am »
Hi Poshi90 and welcome to the forum. It is great that you have found this forum - you will find it a great place to find information and get support and advice from people with lots of experience - it helped me a lot.
Sorry about your shingles. i hope you get over it soon.
I have nothing new to add to what the others have already said. What they wrote are the facts.
I can share with you my story to put things in perspective. I was lucky to have been diagnosed shortly after infection - probably 6 weeks after according to my calculations. I was seroconverting and was lucky to have felt the flu-like symptoms which lead me to the doctor and my subsequent diagnosis. I was also travelling quite often during those 6 weeks, and when i would get home, in spite of feeling lousy, my wife and I had NON-PROTECTED SEXUAL INTERCOURSE probably 4 or 5 times. This happened when my VL was growing rapidly i guess. When i was diagnosed, my VL was 6MILLION!!
Of course the first thing that i thought of was had i infected my wife. Luckily the answer is NO. I was lucky. I tell you this is an example of what is a real cause to worry. We had unprotected sex, many times, while VL was high = "holy crap, there is a good chance i infected her, what have i done?!". Again, we were very lucky it ended well.
So, don`t worry, unless you are having unprotected sexual intercourse or sharing needles with your family, you will not infect them.

Hi terrymoore,

Thank you for welcoming and sharing your story. 6 mlns i very high, I was defected with 16000 and cd4 394. i am also glad that I have found this forum.
I am also afraid that after 3 -3,5 yrs with this e Virus has managed to do some gamages in my system.

Of course i am not having sex with any of family member and I do not share needles with them. It was trymer and razor which were accidentally shared and there was my blood on it earlier due to my hurt. As mentioned it was washed by water and no visible blood on it before putting away.

Offline vrsan

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 07:58:45 am »

And a few other things as well, like unprotected oral sex. Less likely, but still a possibility.

Offline zach

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 08:26:50 am »
And a few other things as well, like unprotected oral sex. Less likely, but still a possibility.

BULLSHIT

in over 30 years of tracking HIV infections there has never been a confirmed transmission via oral sex of any kind

i don't give a damn about what happens in a test tube laboratory setting, i don't deal in theoretical and statistically nil thought exercises.  in the real world it hasn't happened.

don't spread nonsense on this website when you were infected last month, only posted five times, and still don't really understand what you're talking about. sit down and learn before you stand up to teach, and be damn sure about you say before you correct someone. last month you didn't even know if it was ok to go outside and have a cup of coffee for christ's sake.

it's needless fear mongering like your post that keeps people ignorant, keeps people coming back to the "Am I infected?" boards asking the same stupid questions over and over again.

my full and official answer....

The risk factors for HIV transmission are:

1. Sharing IV drug needles immediately after use.
3. Mother to child during or shortly after birth.
4. Very specific health care situations.

Biologically, four conditions need to be present for HIV transmission to occur:
1. The virus must be present in an infectious body fluid from the HIV positive person.
2. The virus must be present at sufficient levels to cause infection.
3. There must be an effective route of transmission.
4. The virus must reach susceptible cells in the other person.

oral sex does not meet the biological requirements 3 and 4 for transmission
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:29:58 am by zach »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:05 am »
Vrsan.

With all respect the OP is having a hard and difficult time and posting something that suggests there are more risks is not helpful at all.

"
And a few other things as well

I understand you are new here as well but I am simply not in the mood today. Suggesting "a few other things" is absolute rubbish and just scaremongering in the context of the OP's concern and that is household and social contact, the OP is simply no risk to anyone.

Ill be honest don't post in the thread again and just take it as a lesson learned in posting, do not take is as not being welcome here but just leave this particular thread alone.

See its this kind of posting and planting seeds of doubts that causes people to worries and concerns they simply should not have, and it is not helpful for the OP who is having a hard time as it is without having you post in the thread. Hence the strong reaction from other posters.

Jim
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:32:08 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline FES

• Regain health and stay healthy for a long life!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 02:33:25 am »
Hello Poshi90! 

I am glad to see you have found this group.  I am new and have only posted a couple times and I must say the responses I have received have been so helpful, informative and encouraging.  I was diagnosed in March of this year and it has been a true struggle for me to try and comprehend what is happening to me both mentally and physically. I did not know I was positive until an OI had attacked me and put me in ICU.  It is great that you have caught the infection and started treatment.  You are going to be ok just take it a day at a time and ask questions, review older post, and just try to communicate with members.  Remember any question that you have there are others with the same one, don't worry about what it is or how insignificant you may think it maybe because if you are thinking it that means it is important!

BTW, I had the same fears as you until I did research and read postings.  I know it can not be transmitted in the ways you have ask about, it is scary and like you say we do not want to pass it on to anyone else.

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 05:24:37 am »
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your responses.

I am 36 days on pills, my VL results will be on Tuesday. So far my doctora said that other blood results (lots of blood were taken  morfology,  liver work,  hepatities a b c urine results ( kidnies) , chest xray, abdominal-ultrasonography - are faine as per her.

But I am thinking if there a huge  possibility that after living with virus for about 3-3,5 yrs without knowing it could make alredy did some serius damage which will pop out later on ?

Thanks in advance, best regards

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 11:36:41 am »
But I am thinking if there a huge  possibility that after living with virus for about 3-3,5 yrs without knowing it could make alredy did some serius damage which will pop out later on ?

'huge possibility'?

No

You are on effective treatment. Your body will do it's best to repair the damage, and there is no reason why you can't get back to full health and shouldn't experience any significant problems due to the time you had HIV but didn't realise it. There is no reason you can't live a long and healthy life.

Now, everyone with HIV will have some risk of developing certain age-related health issues in later life a little earlier than those without the virus. This is not due to prior damage, but rather is because of low-level inflammation in the body due to the existence of latent virus in various 'reservoirs'. This is the same for everyone though, and it is by no means a certainty. The advantage we do have is that we are plugged into regular healthcare and monitoring, so some of these issues (such as cardiovascular problems) should be picked up earlier and treatment provided to hopefully will mitigate them.

So please don't panic about things that may or may not happen in future. Even people without HIV can get health issues (in fact, most do) as they age. It is highly unlikely that if you remain adherent to treatment that you will get anything unusual, in fact - due to the extra emphasis on healthcare you may actually pick any issues up sooner than those without the virus.

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »
I have to agree with CaveyUK.

You are on treatment and have no reason to panic.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 02:30:41 pm »
Once more thank you all for your answers and advice.
I am not sure whether it is true but I ve heared that HIV people are more susceptible for cancers. And I got panicked if someone may have already started in my body since it was not treated for such a long time -   due my unawarness . On the other hand I had my blood and urine checked regularly as well and it was always good.

I am a bit freaked also because before treatment when I had privately abdominal ultrasound checked they lady has found 'somewhat' in my kidneys, however when double checked when already on treamtment in the hospital the guy has found nothing and said everything is ok, also as per my urine tests the DOC said that kidneys are fine.

In general I ve already been hypohondric and obssessed with health issues , so all of this is double hard for me :/

Really thanks for your patience and understanding.

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 12:21:19 pm »
Hi All,

Just received my VL results. Tests done on 32 day of treatment on REZOLSTA and TRUVADA. VL has decreased from 16 000 to 167.

Is this good result or after one month I could better be UD ?

I did not have CD4 checked as they said that one month is too short period to check on how system rebuilts ( originally it was 394 CD4). I hope that they will check it next month.

Best regards

Offline zach

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 12:36:59 pm »
thats great progress poshi

hoping to be undetectable in one month is too optimistic

this is good news, feel good about it, celebrate a little

don't worry about your cd4, it's already good, even if it stayed at 394 for the rest of your life... it's fine. they are right, checking it at this point would be premature, waste of money, and wouldn't give any useful information

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »
Just to concur with Zach. At your CD4 level, additional tests are pretty meaningless as they don't inform any kind of treatment. I guess as you have just started meds you are anxious to see the CD4 increase and thats only natural, but when you do get your next count back - put it to the back of your mind from then on if you can and focus on keeping the VL undetectable.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 08:08:51 am »
Hi everyone,

Once more thank you all for your answers.  I am starting to feeling better both mentally & phisically, got back to the gym , long walks , even started to laugh aging and make some plans for the futuer. - wanted to buy an apartment but postponed when realised about the + status  as I would have to take a mortage for  about 22 years

I have to more questions, when you are free to answer.

1) I've heared about this fat redistribution ( dont know proper name as english is not my first language) caused  by the meds REZOLSTA ( – darunavir i cobicistat) and TRUVADA - is this common side effect nowadyas or it was rather the case in the past ?

2) do you guys still drink alcohol ? I have reduced to almost zero my alcohol consumption, but was wondering whetrher this is necesarry. I mean before I got tested I liked to drink two glasses of wine during the evnings after a long day, or on Fridays/ Saturdays drink few beers/drinks when meeting friends .... Now I am afraid that it will cause that the medications will not work properly if I still do that. I am still young and dont want to exclude mysleft from social life with friends :/

Although, my doctor said that I am supposed to live my life as I was before , just to quit smoking , have safe sex with my partner , and when it comes to alcohol she said that in general it is not healthy but I can normally dirnk when met friends etc. -  do you agree , have you raised this issue with your docs ?

And what is more, I was recently told by my doctor , and my partner was also told that by his that the DOCs are pretty sure that in 10-15 years there  will be a  vaccine which will cure HIV in 100 %. Do you support this thesis ? Have your docs ever said something about that ?

She even told me that one of famous HIV specialist told recently that if he had an option to choose between HIV and diabetes - he would choose HIV as it sis less inconvient to treat and properly trated can make less damages than diabetes... I was quite shocked when heared about that.

Takce care and thanks in advance for any responses.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 08:45:02 am »
Hi

1) I've heared about this fat redistribution ( dont know proper name as english is not my first language) caused  by the meds REZOLSTA ( – darunavir i cobicistat) and TRUVADA - is this common side effect nowadyas or it was rather the case in the past ?

No its not a common issue with modern medication and you should not be expecting this to be a problem. Every medication has a list of side effects, take simple Ibuprofen pack the side effects are huge yet millions take it daily without any problems. You should not be expecting any lasting impacting side effects from your HIV meds other than the main one and that is a suppressed VL  ;).  Also newer meds are reaching the market all the time so the future is bright with regards to treatments.

2) do you guys still drink alcohol ? I have reduced to almost zero my alcohol consumption, but was wondering whetrher this is necesarry. I mean before I got tested I liked to drink two glasses of wine during the evnings after a long day, or on Fridays/ Saturdays drink few beers/drinks when meeting friends .... Now I am afraid that it will cause that the medications will not work properly if I still do that. I am still young and dont want to exclude mysleft from social life with friends :/

No I don't drink anymore, long story. However having a beer with your mates is not going to cause a problem just keep moderation in mind

https://www.poz.com/article/safe-alcohol-people-hiv

Although, my doctor said that I am supposed to live my life as I was before , just to quit smoking , have safe sex with my partner , and when it comes to alcohol she said that in general it is not healthy but I can normally dirnk when met friends etc. -  do you agree , have you raised this issue with your docs ?

Answered above. Moderation if you do drink.
I agree with your doc in general getting pissed drinking is a bad idea however the odd pint will not kill you.  Live your life as normal.

And what is more, I was recently told by my doctor , and my partner was also told that by his that the DOCs are pretty sure that in 10-15 years there  will be a  vaccine which will cure HIV in 100 %. Do you support this thesis ? Have your docs ever said something about that ?

No Hiv will not be cured, I am not going to hope or wish for one either. Its a waste of my personal time and energy to think like that.

Don't get me wrong if something came along that cured me I would take it but that is just a dream. Every few years someone says oh a cure is around the corner and it never pans out.  Get use to the following thought.

I take my meds and I live my life as normal and I will live like normal just like everybody else, I will go to work, pay the bills etc. HIV does not change my life as my meds suppressed it so i don't have to worry about it. So from a living point of view I am already in a sense "functionally cured".   

She even told me that one of famous HIV specialist told recently that if he had an option to choose between HIV and diabetes - he would choose HIV as it sis less inconvient to treat and properly trated can make less damages than diabetes... I was quite shocked when heared about that.

Yes, he did. No i don't agree in comparing two separate medical conditions with different causes, treatments and problems/stigma to each other.Both have far better treatments and management nowadays and this is also selling the progress short. I think it a bit disappointing and to be honest on a personal note doctors like that piss me off something rotten.

Jim

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:19:20 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 08:52:06 am »
Hi everyone,

Once more thank you all for your answers.  I am starting to feeling better both mentally & phisically, got back to the gym , long walks , even started to laugh aging and make some plans for the futuer. - wanted to buy an apartment but postponed when realised about the + status  as I would have to take a mortage for  about 22 years

Glad to hear you are feeling much better  :) That is an excellent update and attitude.
With the exception of buying a flat....

I am buying a house at the moment and I am taking out a 25 year mortgage  , HIV is not an issue. Not sure why you think 22 years would be an issue unless you are already in your 60's .
 ;)

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Poshi90

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2016, 07:23:01 am »
Hi Jim, Everyone

Firstly, Thanks for your above answer Jim ;)

I am sorry if I am duplicating , and Yes I saw your previous answers regarding possible infection to someone else  eg family (thank you very much for that) . However another thing came up to my mind and unfortunately I cannot erase it , it bothers me a lot.

So as I was unware for a quite time about my infection , I have / had in the past acnes so I am 100 % sure that there were incidents where I had open wound/ injure beacuse of that and there was a blood on the towel.

So my question is whether  there a possibility that if someone used this towel after me and had contact with this towel including blood stain  ( I do not know what was the time maybe it was still not dried) on it ? I am freaking and I can't help it. Is there any chance at all that having this scenario someone could got have infected this way ?

Thanks in advance for your replies. -  as always.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 07:32:38 am by Poshi90 »

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2016, 08:52:28 am »
It's been answered before. That situation is zero risk.

It's a very hard virus to spread. Even if you were having unprotected sex with your family members when you had a high VL, it would still not be nailed on that you would transmit it.

A blood spot on a towel is not a risk.

Ask yourself the following questions :

* Have you had unprotected vaginal or anal sex with your family members?
* Have you shared needles with your family members?

If the answer to those question is 'no', then please relax about all this.

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »
Ask yourself the following questions :

* Have you had unprotected vaginal or anal sex with your family members?
* Have you shared needles with your family members?

If the answer to those question is 'no', then please relax about all this.

Worth repeating.

Look I am sorry that you are having such thoughts and concerns, personally I think they are irrational thoughts and not very helpful or healthy. Not sure if you have spoken to anyone face to face but if you keep having such fears about infecting someone maybe you should consider some counseling/support.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2016, 05:41:52 pm »
Not sure if you have spoken to anyone face to face but if you keep having such fears about infecting someone maybe you should consider some counseling/support.

I am going to go one step further than Jim here.  Based on your earlier post here:

In general I ve already been hypohondric and obssessed with health issues , so all of this is double hard for me :/

I don't think you should simply "consider" counseling -- I think you should get some counseling.  It will only do you good. 

I think that I handled my diagnosis pretty well back in 2005.  I knew a lot about HIV from my schooling, so I was able to use what I learned to counteract the irrational thoughts that sometimes crept into my mind.  However, I still went to counseling for most of the first year, post-diagnosis.  It enabled me to speak about fears, anger, etc. and move past them.

You are having a lot of irrational fears -- that is fairly normal -- so get someone who can help you past them.  You have a long life ahead of you, the quicker you put all this nonsense out of your mind the better.

Good luck,
Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.