Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:01:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 651
Total: 652

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Need Drug Assistance  (Read 2955 times)

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
Need Drug Assistance
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:01:28 am »
I recently changed jobs and therefore have new insurance.

I just went to get my script for Atripla filled under the new insurance and they wanted me to pay out-of-pocket cost of $1,400 for 30 pills.

I was flabbergasted and asked how much the pills were full-price.  She stated it was $1,600.  Therefore, the new insurance was only going to pay a paltry $200 or 13 percent.

I said I can't afford that - I'd be working just to pay for the medicine and have nothing left for food, mortgage, utilities, or car payment.

My old insurance (Blue Care Network) was perfect  - I'd pay just $200 out-of-pocket for 90-days or 90 pills through Medco.

I need help advice on how to get my medicine.  I'm down to my last two weeks of pills and my doctor said never miss a dose because the virus will become resistant.

I've worked so hard the past two years and my CD4 is currently at 806 and CD percent is 38 percent (up from 34 percent three months ago).
My numbers are at the highest they've ever been. 

Now the insurance drama.

I'm not sure what to do - I did fax a letter to my ID doctor today, but feel I can't wait and wonder what I should do.

I've also called and left a message with a case work I talked to when I switched jobs last time (although I never had to do anything because I had decent insurance).

Is there anything more I can do now?

has anyone in Michigan gone through what I'm going through and can put me in touch with how to get my medicine for free or at least what I was used to (i.e., $200 for 90-days)

I'm fearful this could be the end and that I'll be dead soon.

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Need Drug Assistance
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 10:11:05 am »
Have you ever filed for Michigan's ADAP program? You may try filing and see if you fall within their guidelines.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-2940_2955_2982-44913--,00.html

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 03:08:29 pm »
thanks Rod

I believe this is the program that I need!

I need assistance as now I'm "underinsured"

I'm going to start on this application in the hopes that my ID doctor and case worker will help me.

*hugz*

Jordan

PS has anyone hear from Nadine.....I tried seeing her last post, but it seems like it's been a while (unless I missed something).

If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:47:47 pm »
Jords-

It sounds as if you might need a good case manager to help you sort through ADAP eligibility and all the other shite that HIV throws your way. You should be able to get hooked up either through your ID doc or your local ASO.

Keep us informed!
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 12:00:47 am »
Hey Jordan,

Here is a link to an ASO directory.

http://directory.poz.com/

Just type in your zip code and it will tell you what is nearby. I agree, you may need help wending your way through the sea of red tape some programs require.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 06:00:41 pm »
I said I can't afford that - I'd be working just to pay for the medicine and have nothing left for food, mortgage, utilities, or car payment.

I wish you the best but I get so out-of-control furious when I read stuff like this. Why do I get the feeling that for every 1 person who vocalizes this concern, there are 30 people with the exact same thoughts but keep silent??  ???  :-\ 

Edit to add: Is it any wonder why tons of poz people fear losing government help and hold on to it with every fiber of their being? The working world can be abusive! Where are the rewards!? Where's the justice?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 09:11:04 pm by allopathicholistic »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.