Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 12:57:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 116
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Been tested from 2 weeks out to one year from exposer ??  (Read 17009 times)

Offline godblessu

Been tested from 2 weeks out to one year from exposer ??
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:36:31 pm »
hi does hla markers has anything doing with hiv , thanks

Offline godblessu

HV DNA BY PCR TAKEN AT 8 MONTHS ALONG WITH EIA
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 10:38:47 pm »
HI , I WAS RAPE MAY 4 OF LAST YEAR ALL MY HIV TESTS ARE NEG EVEN DNA BY PCR, I WAS WORRY CAUSE OF MY HLA MARKERS WAS TALKING ABOUT HIV AND I'M SCARED .

Offline godblessu

Window Period 4 Testing ?? help ASAP
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 10:55:05 pm »
My exposed happen may 4 , may 10 eia was neg may 31 hiv 1/2 neg also hiv rna by pcr was not det less then 400 copies , june 26 eilsa and hiv rna was both neg , july 31 hiv 1/2 neg also Nat was neg . aug eilsa and western blot was neh , sept was all neg oct was all neg . jan 2 dna hiv pcr was neg jan 25 hiv and rna was both neg , I was cocern was HLA makers A2 a29 b51 b60 my markers was talking about hiv my dr told me not to worry and i'm still scared . peace

Offline godblessu

HIV ???
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:18:25 pm »
CAN HIV HIDE IN YOR BODY FROM BEING FOUND ON TEST .  WHATS THE WINDOW PERIOD 4 TESTING , I TESTS OUT TO EIGHT MONTHS ALL NEGATIVE ALONG WITH MY PCR TESTS BUT I WAS COCERN ABOUT HLA MARKERS CAN ANY HELP !!

Offline Tucsonwoody

Re: hla markers
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 12:14:06 am »
Hey - am no expert but from what I have read, HLA markers are a part of all the cells in our bodies.  The HLA markers tell the bodies immune system not to attack their own bodies cells.

Their relationship to HIV is not a direct one, but depending on each individuals genetic cell makeup they can make a person hypersensitive to certain medications which could cause a bad reaction to the medication.

So one possible use of testing of a persons HLA markers would allow choosing an anti-HIV medication that a person would not have a bad reaction to.
Checking with your doctor about this would always be a good idea.

From an article on an Aidsmap.com site: http://www.aidsmap.com/en/news/FA1755BB-5666-4E6D-B63C-6D7BAF1BD452.asp

"HLAs are markers that identify cells as "self" and prevent the immune system from attacking them. They are found on all cells of the body and determine white blood cell types. HLA tissue types are used to match donated organs or bone marrow with transplant recipients. "

and this:

"research confirms the role of the HLA system in the hypersensitivity reaction and it suggests that HLA-typing of HIV-infected people should make it possible to genetically identify those who are likely to suffer from the reaction. A careful choice of drug therapy in these people could therefore substantially cut the risk of this severe and sometimes life-threatening reaction."
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline RapidRod

Re: hla markers
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 03:15:22 am »
Put all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread. You've received your answers on this from MEDHELP. HLA markers have nothing to do with HIV. Don't come here and start your rantings like you did on MEDHELP.

Offline RapidRod

Re: HIV ???
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 03:19:21 am »
Knock of the postings. Put them in your orginal thread.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Window Period 4 Testing ?? help ASAP
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 03:20:27 am »
You are going to be reported. You will not disrupt this forum like you did at Medhelp.

Offline RapidRod

Re: HV DNA BY PCR TAKEN AT 8 MONTHS ALONG WITH EIA
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 03:21:31 am »
Seek mental help because you are unable to comprehend.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 06:55:37 am »
U,

I've merged the FOUR theads you started last night into one thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation. You were told when you first turned up here in September to read the Welcome Thread and follow the posting guidelines - get with the program already.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 06:58:11 am »
U,

I'm very sorry to hear you were raped. However, you did not become infected with hiv because of it. You are absolutely, conclusively hiv negative. You do NOT need further testing.

You may find counseling helpful. Rape can be difficult to come to terms with.

You are hiv negative and it's time to put that worry behind you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline godblessu

Re: HIV ??? Too Ann
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 09:37:20 am »
Hi Ann thanks I reading your story how long did it take for you .thanks alot

so i can stop testing it hard not to think of it .peace

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 10:12:16 am »
U,

I did not test, ever, until after I'd been infected with hiv for four years. You CANNOT compare my experience to yours. I knew, with HINDSIGHT, when I was infected. If I had tested at that time, I KNOW I would have tested within six WEEKS of being infected. That's the science.

You are hiv negative and it's time you put that fear to rest. Please seek counseling for the aftermath of your rape. You will thank yourself for it.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline godblessu

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 10:20:40 am »
thanks honey

Offline godblessu

cd4 count ?
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 02:35:16 pm »
hi my cd4 count has change from 1149 in may then in jan 975 but i'm negative what makes it change , peace

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 02:49:56 pm »
U,

What part of do not start new threads don't you understand? I've merged your thread yet again. Quit starting new ones!

A person's CD4 count can change by hundreds of points during the course of one day. Your count is absolutely normal. And why wouldn't it be, you are hiv negative, period, end of story.

Have you contacted someone about counseling yet? If not, why not? You will not be allowed to use AIDSmeds.com as a substitute for face-to-face counseling.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 07:42:02 pm »
--HLA markers--nothing to do with HIV
--You have tested conclusively negative you do not have HIV.
--As for the rape, I know exactly what you are going through.  That was how I became infected.  Even though you did not get a disease from it, rape is still a very difficult trauma to deal with and go through.  It is not something that just goes away and affects many parts of your life--from your ability to trust and have healthy relationships--just many parts of your life.  I echo Ann's suggestion to find a counselor that you can trust.  Some also find support groups helpful as well.  But face to face and not the internet is the way to do it.
--As Ann said, the CD4 count can fluctuate and yours is completely normal as you do not have HIV.
--Go see a counselor.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline godblessu

GUY'S I'M SCARED
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 08:30:07 pm »
CAUSE I LOST WEIGHT LIKE 15 IBS GUEST CAUSE OF STRESS .MY COURSIN TOLD ME IT CAN TAKE EYAR I TALKED TO HIM TONIGHT NOW I'M WORRY . MY 6 WEEKS WAS NEG 3 MONTHS WAS 6 MONTHS 8 MONTHS TOOK ELISA AND DNA BY PCR ;D :o

Offline inthesameboat

Re: GUY'S I'M SCARED
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 08:41:09 pm »
Hello... Your posting is not very clear..
I'm guessing that you had an episode of possible exposure..negative since but very anxious and loosing weight.. Right?
If you are negative for that long is a good sign ..But as your cousin say it can take a little longer in somecases.. But anxiety and stress can kill you faster That anything else and can be a real cause for the weight loss..
If so far negative,,Think about that..and not about a future that no one knows..
Life is hard sometimes..and we are stronger everyday.

Offline Ral24Guy

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 08:44:04 pm »
I come from a really small town, and believe me I have heard the craziest things.  I've heard that HIV can live outside of the body for 3 days, and that public restrooms are a source of infection.  But I can promise  you that those are not true.  People make up stories out of fear of things they don't understand.  HIV is fragile, It can't live outside the body, and public restrooms are in no way a source of infection.  As for your post...  Don't let anyone scare you.  HIV is a virus that has one thing in mind, to replicate.  IF you had the virus it would have manifested itself in your blood tests.  Stop living in fear and have faith in the Doctors that tell you are negative.  Don't listen to "rumors" that people tell you unless they are a doctor.  Its easy to be scared of things you don't understand, and even easier to believe rumors that back up a possible theory.  You have the internet, and it is a wonderful tool.  USE IT.  This website alone is full of FACTS, not rumors.  Good Luck and move on.  Consider yourself lucky.  Stop living in fear.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 08:44:19 pm »
godblessu, I guess you don't pay attention. You were warned about starting new threads.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 07:29:08 am »
U,

I've merged your threads YET AGAIN.

You're not listening to us. You refuse to follow the forum posting guidelines. You refuse to believe your conclusively negative test. You ignore all comments about getting counseling to help you come to terms with your rape.

In light of all this, I'm giving you a four week time out, during which time you will not be able to post. This is to encourage you to get the help you need, help we cannot possibly provide on this forum. We've done all we can for you.

Do not create a new account to get around your time out. If you do, you will be banned permanently.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline godblessu

HIV?STDS tested ??
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 04:09:26 pm »
Hi I was tested out over 10 months from exposer . just wanted to make extra sure I was done testing . took elisa mar 20 was negative , my exposer was may 4 last year . I took another STD panel was all neg , just wanted to know CAN I STOP TESTING . peace god bless u :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HIV?STDS tested ??
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 04:23:50 pm »
Yes, you can most definitely stop testing.

The CDC is quite conservative with regard to testing and they have for sometime accepted 13 weeks after a risky incident as a reliable testing point. So you were way beyond that when you tested negative. No further testing or concern is necessary.

You're good to go and get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

Re: HIV?STDS tested ?? to andy
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 04:26:20 pm »
thanks andy i was blood donor they will have told me , but i had to stop cause of exposer what does that mean i was at risk

Offline godblessu

blood donor ??
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2007, 05:01:38 pm »
if someone had any kind of virus wont the blood bank tell you . I had to stop gaving blood cause of the exposer . if something was wrong with your blood wont they let you know , all my tests are neg . peace

Offline godblessu

WHAT DOES EXPOSER MEAN
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2007, 05:07:43 pm »
THAT U WAS AT RISK THEN YOU GET TESTED TO MAKE SURE U ARE FIND. THANKS ALL PEACE

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2007, 05:17:17 pm »
Bless, first of all you need to stop starting new threads everytime you want to ask a question or say something. You've got a whole bunch of threads. Stick with this one now into which I have merged your other most recent one.

That way readers can follow the conversation.

As far as giving blood, that's never the way to know about your HIV status. It's irrelevant in your case because you tested negative long after your risk period was over. So you are reliably HIV negative. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2007, 05:23:42 pm »
WHEN I WAS BLOOD DONOR I WAS AT MY 3 MONTHS MARK WAS ALL NEG , THANKS I WENT TO HEALTH DEPT SHE TOLD ME I'M GOOD TO GO I CAN EVEN GAVE BLOOD .

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2007, 05:25:22 pm »
So there you have confirmation again. You're HIV negative and no STDs. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 05:29:25 pm »
ANDY . CAN YOU GET INTO TROUBLE NOT TELLING ABOUT RAPE , THE LADY AT HEALTH DEPT TOLD ME THATS MY PIRACVY . I WAS GETTING DEFFERENT STORIES , FDA SAID I CANT GAVE BLOOD NOMORE CAUSE OF THE RAPE ,  THE BLOOD BANK SEND ME LETTER . BUT I CAN GAVE BLOOD TO FAMILY MEMBER UP TO DR . 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 05:33:53 pm »
#1, I don't what the laws maybe where you live. I don't know where you are writing from. As long as you have reliably tested negative for HIV, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to donate blood if you want to.

Also, please don't write all your comments in capitals. What you write will get read just as quickly by using upper and lower case. Writing all in caps is considered as if you were shouting online. Thanks.
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2007, 05:35:47 pm »
thanks

Offline godblessu

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2007, 05:37:43 pm »
i talked to police officer she said i dont have to let them know . long you are hiv negative

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2007, 06:30:55 pm »
I've asked you repeatedly not to start new threads. I just deleted the latest one you began. You post it here if you want to.

If you start another new thread I'm going to give you a time out. You need to follow our rules here.

Thanks for your cooperation.   
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2007, 06:34:30 pm »
andy i was scared why i lost weight

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 06:37:51 pm »
Discuss that with your doctor.

And you're being scared is not an excuse to ignore our rules and keep on starting new threads. Fear is a feeling and not a fact.

A test result is a fact and you have repeatedly and sufficiently tested negative for HIV so that is now ruled out as a problem for you.

People lose weight for all sorts of reasons including stress. Talk about it with your doctor.
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 06:42:15 pm »
andy can you call me on my cell

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2007, 06:45:24 pm »
No, I can't. Our communications have to stay here in the Forum and only in this thread.
Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 07:03:00 pm »
andy the pcr test is very good , can hiv hide  in your body

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 09:27:54 pm »
HIV does not hide in your body.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2007, 12:16:10 pm »
I've asked you several times to NOT start new threads and to only use this one. I've just deleted the latest thread you began before anyone replied there.

This is your last warning about this. If you start a new thread again you're going to get a TIME OUT.

Re-enter your latest question here.

Andy Velez

Offline godblessu

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2007, 12:19:11 pm »
okay andy . i'm sorry , onemore ? my gf she is neg will she miss up my testing she is neg

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 12:28:21 pm »
I'm not clear about what you are asking.

Do you mean you are having unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend and you are being tested for HIV in relation to another situation? 

Please clarify. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2007, 12:30:38 pm »
U,

I hope you realise that if you get another time out, it will be for two months. Andy is being very generous with you - I would have given you that second time out already.

Your last question makes no sense. The bottom line here is that you have already tested reliably negative for hiv. You do not have hiv. It's high time you moved on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline godblessu

Re: HIV?STDS tested ?? to andy
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2007, 12:49:22 pm »
hi andy yes she was neg also thanks alot rob

i was tested out 6 weeks 3 months 6 months 9 and 10 months . during my testing me and her was having sex during the window period , i was making sure my tests are right

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2007, 01:03:11 pm »
U,

Are you saying you are a man? Earlier in your thread you said you were raped and I've been assuming you were a woman.

Whatever your gender and whatever your risk factor, you are absolutely, without doubt hiv negative.

You are still very much in line for a time out.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline godblessu

hiv western blot ? ASAP
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2007, 05:19:08 pm »
Hi my dr did hiv western blot and I'm waiting for the tests . on march 21 hiv 1/2 was neg and I was asking  about hiv western blot . also . I have did all kind of hiv tests since it happen like 11 months ago . I was worry cause I was blood donor thanks god all my tests are neg , I have ? cause Iw as rape by another male and was having sex with my GirlFriend does that mess up my testing. I was told WB mite take 1 or so thanks peace god bless U

Offline RapidRod

Re: hiv western blot ? ASAP
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2007, 05:39:09 pm »
Post all your thoughts and concerns in your orginal thread. DO NOT start new threads.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2007, 06:04:02 pm »
You are HIV negative. Period.

You also have been warned many times about not starting new threads. You aren't listening to that or it seems to anything we have told you.

Get some professional help to deal with your emotional problems about your experience.

I'm giving you a 30 day time out. If you come back after that time and start a new thread again you will be banned from this site.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.