Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:12:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tested Poz - My Story  (Read 8227 times)

Offline Newpoz78

Tested Poz - My Story
« on: October 23, 2009, 10:26:31 am »
Hey Guys I would like to share my story,

I’m 30yo Brazilian living in the States. I tested poz 6 months ago. Here's how all started. Last year, I was living in San Francisco and I had a very hard time to cope with my personal life, relationships, finances, self image and my troubled childhood. I went to a deep depression because I couldn’t find answers for all the pain I was felling and I didn’t know how to let go and forgive myself and people that done wrong to me. I started abusing alcohol, prescription drugs and eventually I start using meth. It got so bad that I went suicidal I didn’t want to wake up and I hate the fact I was alive. I couldn’t kill myself because of my believes than I didn’t care what happened to me. I quit my job and I start sleeping around in exchange for drugs. It got so bad that I started having psychosis episodes because of Meth amphetamine abuse and I finally call my parents for help. I went out of the country for treatment that's when I found out in February 2009 that I was hiv positive. I was devastated; I didn’t left the house for 2 months. I was totally lost thinking how horrible i will die and how people will hate and discriminate me afraid of me for carry this terrible virus. I came back to the states and for my suprise my family were very supportive of me. I seek help for my depression and I finally I agree to see a HIV doctor which I refused to see when I found out. It was not good, my viral loads were 750,000.00 and my CD4 was 270. I was very close to AIDS. My doctor has me on Atripla right the way. I started taking it in June 2009. Thank God for my parents and the support of the wonderful medical staff that embraced me with great support. Yesterday I went to my HIV doctor and I got the great news that after only 4 months of being on Meds I am UNDETECTABLE!  I’m so thankful!  I haven’t been thankful for anything in my life for so long and  I had so much! The thought of having few years left made me try to make things right before I leave this world. Today  I’m happier, I forgive people I refused to let it go, I eat right , I’m no longer depressed, I don’t do drugs I don’t drink anymore.  For a very long time I’ve walk in the darkness and now even though I am hiv positive for the first time in many years I see a light of hope. And for that I thankful. Dont give up you guys!! May God bless us all.

B,
Charlotte,N.C

Offline mattdude

Re: Tested Poz - My Story
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 10:41:36 am »
Excellent.

Sometimes it takes the worst events in our lives to inspire the best. Suffering is temporary :)

Keep focused and good luck.

Offline komnaes

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:33 am »
Welcome to the Forums, and best of luck B!

I also went through a period of depression and mostly self-esteem issues that I went on for a period of barebacking, which was insane for my type of background and life experiences. This is a good place for mutual supports and it's great that your family is backing you.. unconditional love is something so rare that needs some serious cherishing.

But for someone who's caught this virus with a lot of baggage and issues, don't be afraid of if those old dark moments are to come back for a visit (from my experiences, they did and still do..). Remember this very moment of joy, keep this in your heart and mind.. or even copy this little paragraph you just wrote and share with us in a computer, or print it out on small font and put the paper in your wallet. So if you ever encounter any difficulties, setbacks, etc, pull this out and remind yourself that you're strong enough.. and happiness is within your reach if you set your mind on it.

Best wishes to you, Shaun
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:15:27 am by komnaes »
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Newpoz78

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 11:24:24 am »
Thank you Shaun. Print it and keep it with me its a good idea. I need to hold on to this good felling I have today! Thank you too Matt. Im glad I finally got to write something about me here. Have a great day guys!

Offline elf

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:23:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum.
Whenever you want support you can visit us here.
Um grande beijo em você  :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.