Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:41:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 222
Total: 224

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I'm very worried...please help me with advice ASAP!  (Read 42344 times)

Offline RapidRod

Re: I'm very worried...please help me with advice ASAP!
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2007, 03:17:41 am »
First of all you are trying to assume that in your situation that the girl had HIV. You don't know that she did or didn't. It doesn't matter that she had an STD or not. You didn't have a risk. Did you contract an STD? Stop with all the what ifs and move on.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2007, 06:19:49 am »
tommy,

If you'd had unprotected intercourse with this woman, THEN you would have been at increased risk of hiv because of her gonorrhea. You didn't have intercourse, unprotected or otherwise. Hiv isn't transmitted via mutual masturbation - which your situation was - no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it.

Test all you like for hiv, just don't be surprised at the negative result. By the way, the DNA PCR isn't approved for diagnostics, the RNA is. BUT, it is only approved for very specific situations; yours doesn't qualify as you had NO RISK.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tommy420

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2007, 06:15:57 pm »
Thanks for the response Ann.

Rapid Rod, I contracted gonorrhea from this incident. I"m going to get a full STD panel end of next week (almost 6 week mark). Wish me luck.

Offline tommy420

« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2007, 01:12:20 am »
Can someone explain to me about the different strands of HIV? I understand there are 2 subtypes: HIV-1 and HIV-2, and HIV-2 is predominently found in Africa. How about strands however? How many different strands of HIV-1 are there, and what are the significant differences between them?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2007, 01:48:32 am »
Read the lessons section.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2007, 06:39:35 am »
tommy,

Let me put it to you this way. Those of us who are positive don't know - and don't care - what "strain" (it's strain, not strand) we have. It doesn't matter. Not one bit. It doesn't matter where you are concerned either.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tommy420

« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2007, 03:12:31 pm »
Hi Ann. I was just curious about the different strains b/c I knew nothing of them. Anyway I decided to take your advice and not go ahead with the DNA PCR. I'm going to take an antibody test next week (it'll be 2 days short of 6 weeks)...hopefully it'll come out negative.

I know that you base your answers in these situations to general occurrences of HIV in the general population. But befire I go, I want to reiterate one thing: Everyone kept telling me that you don't get HIV from hand to genital contact, and that HIV is very fragile and it dies as soon as exposed to air. My sitation is different in these two ways:

1) The stripper rubbed her vaginal secretions into my urethra. Now she didn't open the urethra with one hand, and then reach inside...however she rubbed herself and then immediately rubbed my penis, rubbing the tip on numerous occasions.

2) She rubbed my urethra as SOON as she rubbed herself. Granted HIV virus cells do not do well once exposed to air, however it's not far-fetched to say some of them were to survive if she did have HIV. Furthermore, I got gonorrhea from this incident, meaning that her vaginal secretions (possibly gonorrhea puss as my doctor said) obviously entered through my urethra.

This is why I'm concerned. If I simply received an average hand-job, I wouldn't be posting on this website. It's everyone above plus the fact that I was in a dirty city in an even dirtier place, which I will never go to again.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2007, 05:48:47 pm »
Tommy,

Have you ever heard of frottage? Frottage is the rubbing together of genitals, without penetration. Frottage is not a risk for hiv infection, not even when a penis is rubbed against the outside of a wet vagina. Frottage is not an hiv risk and neither is your handjob scenario. You didn't have an hiv risk. Period.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tommy420

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2007, 09:57:18 pm »
I posted my situation on another website's forum (I hope you don't feel that I'm cheating on you :0) and here's what teh doctor had to say:

"Tommy, of course getting gonorrhea means your HIV risk was elevated. The risk still is very low; doubling a miniscule risk still leaves miniscule risk. If you are nervous, the way to deal with it is to get tested. Ventilating online is like masturbation: feels good at the time but ultimately unsatisfying."

As you can see, this makes my nervous level go from a 10 to a 20, especially since a docctor is telling me that my HIV risk was elevated, dispite the fact that he believes it was still miniscule. Does anyone agree with his comment? Did my gonorrhea risk increase since I caught gonorrhea? I understand that the Dr. is saying that since my risk was small before, even doubling or tripling my risk would still make it small, but did I double/triple my risk?

The past 5 weeks have been the work weeks of my life. Everyday I keep convincing myself not to take a DNA PCR and just wait for the antibody test, but it's hard. I try to keep myself busy, but I can't tell my situation to anyone, especially my beautiful girlfriend. We've been together for a while and I've never done anything like this to her, and I feel horrible. I just want everything to turn out ok in the end.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2007, 10:17:33 pm »
I don't buy your story. Give us the URL that you posted on and got your reply.

Offline tommy420

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2007, 10:23:20 pm »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 10:30:06 pm »
Yeah, you tried to argue with Dr. H and you got the same damn information that we gave you. NO RISK!

Tommy, of course getting gonorrhea means your HIV risk was elevated. The risk still is very low; doubling a miniscule risk still leaves miniscule risk. If you are nervous, the way to deal with it is to get tested. Ventilating online is like masturbation: feels good at the time but ultimately unsatisfying.

Feel free to email yourselves or to take your discussion to some other forum. I will delete any further comments here.

Note: The same response goes here like you were told on Medhelp. Feel free to email yourselves or to take your discussion to some other forum. .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:33:44 pm by RapidRod »

Offline tommy420

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 10:41:14 pm »
Rapid Rod, I understand that people like me who seem to present no actual risk in your minds must annoy those who have had a very serious risk, i.e., unprotected anal sex with a confirmed HIV positive person. But you have to understand, I am very worried b/c I have never put myself in a situation like this. If a doctor tells me that not only was I theoretically at risk for HIV, but I've increased my chance b/c of a gonorrhea infection, that's going to flip me out. I'm sorry if my posts annoy you or anyone else, but since I can't talk to my g/f or anyone else about this, I take comfort in hearing from you guys.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 10:47:53 pm »
You were never at risk and there has never been a documented case of contracting HIV or the clap from masterbating. Now you can worry yourself all you want, but don't be doing it here. Take it elsewhere.

Offline tommy420

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 10:51:15 pm »
Fine, I will...but guess what? My situation wasn't a simple "masturbation" and I CAUGHT THE CLAP FROM MY SITUATION. So DOCUMENT IT! Everyone just keeps on quoting statistics. Well, I caught gonorrhea from the situation I engaged in. It makes sense, vaginal secretion in the urethra, why not get gonorrhea if it's easy to get and she had it. HIV is more difficult, I understnad, but it's still a possibility and it's that possilibity that i'm worried about, espeically since I went against odds and caught gonorrhea

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 11:03:14 pm »
GOOD BYE!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2007, 04:52:42 am »
tommy,

Theoretically, there is a minuscule chance of getting hit by a meteorite the next time you step foot outside your house. If you don't wear a hard hat, you increase the chance of getting hurt by a meteorite. THEORETICAL risks just don't happen in the real world. Theoretically, you could walk outside your house and find a 10 million dollar winning lottery ticket lying in the gutter. Is it going to happen? No. Are you going to be hit by a random meteorite tomorrow? Again, NO. Neither are you going to get hiv from this situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tommy420

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2007, 09:06:22 pm »
Hi Ann, Andy, and anyone else except rapidrod,

I'm going in for a full STD panel tomorrow morning at Planned Parenthood, which will be my 39th day mark. Please pray for me as I have for you. One thing I'm concerned about is that for the past 5 days, I've had pain in my testicles, and am fearing that maybe my gonorrhea was not cured although my doc promised me that the shot he gave me would've cured it. Hopefully, it'll be something else, b/c I don't want to give anything to my g/f. Please think about me. Thanks for all your help.

Offline tommy420

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2007, 08:47:41 pm »
Hi Andy, hope you're doing well. I read a lot of your writings on hear and really need your opinion. I need you to hear me out, b/c i've been freaking out everyday.

I took a full panel STD test on Friday, which will check for HIV, hep B, hep C, syphillis, gon/chlam and herpes. Friday was my 47th day post exposure (2 days short of 7 weeks). I understand that everyone keeps telling me I had no exposure and I shouldn't worry about HIV. Obviously, the only reason I'm worried about HIV was b/c I got GONORRHEA from my exposure, and I've read everywhere that having gonorrhea can increase your chances of getting HIV AND someone who has gonorrhea and HIV is 3-5 times more contagious when it comes to HIV. I read this on the CDC website. Now, I understand that my exposure wasn't high risk, but since I got gonorrhea, shouldn't I have a reasonable/legit concern about HIV? Especially since I was in a strip club in Tijuana, Mexico, and obviously i wasn't the first person this stripper gave a hand job to. I know I got the gonorrhea b/c as I had said, she directly rubbed my urethra after she rubbed herself. If she had gonorrhea  puss on her fingers that entered my urethra, that would obviously increase my HIV risk.

I know you've probably never heard of anyone getting HIV this way, but have you ever heard of anyone getting gonorrhea this way either? I'd appreciate your words. Thanks.

p.s. I should get my test results on Tuesday or wednesday.

Offline flight62

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2007, 10:46:32 pm »
tommy
The saying "me think you protest too" keeps floating around my 19 yr hiv infected brain. If I were a betting man, I just might bet there was more around your penis than a wet hand!! Guilt can cause us to do and say many things to justify that yerning to be set free of that guilt. If I am wrong, my sincere apologies, but your story comes across as about as sincere and true as Howard K Smith's intentions to help Anna Nichol Smith with countless drugs.

Offline tommy420

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 10:58:20 pm »
Hi Flight, I'm not sure I understand what you're implying. Are you implying more than a hand-job occurred and I'm just not saying so? If I had full on unprotected sex with this stripper, why wouldn't I say it? I'm anonymous in this forum. The hardest thing I'm dealing with right now is to convince people that I'm telling the truth, and that has been hard for me, in addition to worrying about HIV. I don't know how I can convince you or anyone else that I did actually get gonorrhea through a handjob with vaginal fluids. I had a urethral swab test performed for gonorrhea 1 week after my exposure and my doc said it tested positive for gonorrhea. I believe that it was a stain test b/c I got the results in the office in 10 minutes.

Please believe me, I have no reason to lie. I've only come to this forum for support so I don't drive myself crazy. Do you have any comments on my original question?

p.s. I accept your apology

Offline flight62

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 11:18:59 pm »
I understand the craziness with not knowing. It took five years to not panic over blood results. (they will go up and down)

Bottom line is until you get your results you are probably gonna act crazy. We have ALL been there. Just stop panicing. Whether you want to believe this, you ARE protesting way too much! I can only hope you are being truthful in your intention so just try and use the time until you get your results and reflect on what you did and why you did it. This could be an excellent time for you to reflect on your life and if negative, be graious and learn from your situation. If positive, you will join an exclusive group of men and woman that are in the same boat and who are just trying to make good out of an unfortunate situation. IF you were to test HIV positive, you will be in a much better place in 2007 than I was in 1988. HIV is NOT a death sentence.

Perhaps it's time to have a nice heart to heart with your girlfriend.

Offline tommy420

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2007, 10:15:11 pm »
got my results today after testing at the 47th day after encounter (a day and a half short of 7 weeks).

Hep B - negative
Hep C - negative
Herpes 1/2 - both negative
Syphilis - negative
chlamydia - negative
gonorrhea - negative
HIV-1 ab - negative

Should I retest for HIV at 13 weeks?

Should I test for HIV-2 as my encounter took place in Tijuana, Mexico?

I still have pain in my left testicle (I had acquired gonorrhea from this same encounter and was treated). I was worried that the treatment hadn't worked but according to my results it seems that it might have.

I just want everyone to know that I was truthful about acquiring gonorrhea through my encounter, and it is POSSIBLE to get an STD from a hand-job with vaginal secretions used as a lubricant.

Thanks to all that have been there for me.

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2007, 11:26:19 pm »
got my results today after testing at the 47th day after encounter (a day and a half short of 7 weeks).

Hep B - negative
Hep C - negative
Herpes 1/2 - both negative
Syphilis - negative
chlamydia - negative
gonorrhea - negative
HIV-1 ab - negative

Should I retest for HIV at 13 weeks?

Should I test for HIV-2 as my encounter took place in Tijuana, Mexico?

I still have pain in my left testicle (I had acquired gonorrhea from this same encounter and was treated). I was worried that the treatment hadn't worked but according to my results it seems that it might have.

Tommy-

You tested negative for gonno. Why don't you believe the test results?

Trust all the test results and the sage advice given to you here from the very beginning. You cannot contract HIV from a hand job...period.

Brent
(Who knows that Tommy's negative)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.