Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 11:49:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: used condom . I have all the symptoms of hiv.  (Read 18756 times)

Offline sbr501

used condom . I have all the symptoms of hiv.
« on: June 10, 2011, 07:18:21 am »

I am working in Gulf.  I am single 35.  last march I went to India. During my vacation. I had sex with one married girl.  Her husband also working in abroad. She was not a prostitute.but i know her for just 2 weeks.  She was one of my friends classmate. I saw  rash in both of her lower arms.
She told me that was allergy problem.  Now I belive she was infected  HIV.

During sex I used condom.  but I put  my  fingers inside . and there was a small cut  in my finger
that happends 2 days before. and there was deep kissing . We touched our tounge together.
 and she done oral without protection less than  1 min.

After 2 days of the event  I felt joint pain in fingers.  and a small rash came to my upper lips and roof of my mouth .

After  around 35 days of  this event  some problems started on me:-

1  In my right side of my tounge  and lips  appeard white spots(Thrush).

2, sore throat, reddish throat  and swollen tonsil   for a month.  and my sound change.
    Red eyes for 2 days

3, little swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin.

4, Very mild Flu  around 3 week . a cold and discomfort feeling from chest and stomac

5, some rash came in my hand and  face. coming  and disappearing in 30 minutes

6, Neck stiffness  and pain

7, 4 days there was a mild diarrhea

8, swollen left upper eyelid one day

9, Nerve vibration in eyelid, right hand, legs and chest and head

10, Digestion problem

11, black bloody spot in lips for one day

12, always feeling some infection in head. sometimes i feel a sound.

13, yeasterday i checked my BP is 71 / 128

I took Augmentin 625  for 5 days. 
I told her that you have some problem. So you should take a test.
she went to a doctor and done General check up . and she told  she is ok.
she dont have any problem .  I think she did not take Hiv test.

Now I am very upset and worried about HIV. As I am in abroad I cannot take a Hiv test here.
Now I belive i am infectd with HIV.     

What I want to do next?  can I confirm HIV with these symptoms? I cannot think about this news go out side.

If  I  am infected when I want to start treatment.  How long I can hide this  from others and family members.
Is there any hope for curable  medicines in my life time.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: used condom . I have all the symptoms of hiv.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 07:32:05 am »
Essentially you are worrying unncessarily. You used a condom for intercourse which is exactly what you are supposed to do. They provide very effective protection. None of the other activities you are reporting would have put you at risk for HIV.

Nor are any of the symptoms you are reporting in anyway HIV specific. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.I don't see any need for HIV testing for you since you didn't have a risk. The only reason to test is if you are going to continue to worry about the issue. In which case get tested and collect the inevitable negative result.

As for questioning the woman and any of the observations you have made such as her having a rash, that is all totally irrelevant. If you had done something risky like unprotected intercourse (vaginal or anal) then the only way to know your status conclusively would be to get tested at 13 weeks. Everything else is guesswork and when there has been a risk HIV is not something to guess about.

But again I say you did not have a risk and you are worrying unncessarily about HIV.

We do advise everyone who is sexually active to at least once a year have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV so that is a prudent measure to take.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline sbr501

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 08:31:44 am »
My finger cut was a little big. and she told me she lost 4 kgs in 4 month.
thrush, fatigue, rash , and painful pimples,  diarrhea , chest and head iritations, and tickling of nerves
are not a symptom of hiv ? these symptoms are making me mad. now i am just living.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 10:38:53 am »
As Andy has already advised you, you were never at risk of contracting HIV from fingering.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:34:26 pm »
Essentially you are worrying unncessarily. You used a condom for intercourse which is exactly what you are supposed to do. They provide very effective protection. None of the other activities you are reporting would have put you at risk for HIV.

Nor are any of the symptoms you are reporting in anyway HIV specific. If they persist you should discuss them with your doctor.I don't see any need for HIV testing for you since you didn't have a risk. The only reason to test is if you are going to continue to worry about the issue. In which case get tested and collect the inevitable negative result.

As for questioning the woman and any of the observations you have made such as her having a rash, that is all totally irrelevant. If you had done something risky like unprotected intercourse (vaginal or anal) then the only way to know your status conclusively would be to get tested at 13 weeks. Everything else is guesswork and when there has been a risk HIV is not something to guess about.

But again I say you did not have a risk and you are worrying unncessarily about HIV.

We do advise everyone who is sexually active to at least once a year have a full STD panel done. Other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV so that is a prudent measure to take.

This is not an HIV situation. Period.

Nothing more to say except you did not have a risk, the cut on your finger notwithstanding. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 08:37:17 am »
sbr,

Just to reinforce what Andy and Rodney told you, even if this woman does have hiv, none of the activities you engaged in with her was a risk for hiv infection. You did not have a risk. End of story.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sbr501

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 11:30:58 am »
Dear  Andy, Rodney and Ann

Thank you very much  for your mental  support.

Sbr

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 01:20:11 pm »
You're welcome. ...get on with your life.

Andy Velez

Offline sbr501

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 01:43:07 am »
Hi ,
Sorry for repeating my doubts. I know you can understand me.
Now I have Sleeplessness,  joint pain especialy in the morning. My palms, foot  and lips skin are very dry before it was very soft. Ear whistling sound and head presure and other symptoms are still persist.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 02:14:41 am »
Reread the reply Ann gave you and move along.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 06:16:54 am »
sbr,

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Nothing you did or had done to you was a risk for hiv infection, so whatever is going on has NOTHING to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sbr501

Used condom . But I have all the symptoms of hiv.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 06:53:23 am »
As I am in KSA  I cannot meet a  doctor anonymously .   Unfortunatly if there is any problem.
 I will be in jail and there will be deportation.  and everybody will know about this .
I am fraid to go to a doctor.
 :'(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 07:07:03 am »
sbr,

If you're worried about a problem that concerns hiv, stop it. You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection!

Whatever is going on has NOTHING to do with hiv.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sbr501

Re: used condom . I have all the symptoms of hiv. waiting for result
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 01:50:02 am »
Hi
yesterday I gave my blood for testing .

hiv result  did  not come.  but we can guess.

my platelet count  1x (1000)
wbc    2.5 x (1000)

am I in dangerous situvation?. is this rapid progress?  what i want to do next?
I belive i will die soon
 please advice me   ..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 05:56:35 am »

■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline sbr501

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:29:21 am »
Dear Andy. 
please dont feel angry to me.
yesterday I tested my blood . (details in pervious reply.)
they informed me my platelet count is very low as in critical stage zero   1x (1000)
my WBC is also very low 2.5 x(1000).  Is this very low count happening with acute  hiv?
i dont have any other source to clear my doubts. am I in danger ?
so much worried.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 12:09:36 pm »
sb,

You need to work with your doctor to find out what is going on. Whatever that may be, it has NOTHING do to with hiv as you did NOT have a risk for hiv infection.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or NO RISK SITUATION, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sbr501

Theory or Practical failed. I dont know.
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 10:40:50 am »
My blood test confirmed  that I am possitive.
I dont know what to do?    I have serious ITP problem.( antibody destroys platelets).  I cannot take any treatmnets here.  please give me some advice.   please tell How many years I can hide this from my family members and others?   I am thinking about suicide .  I have still swelling in neck.   I am very weak mentaly and phisically.  I am always in prayers and crying while I am alone.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 11:22:52 am »
sb,

Was your test result confirmed with a Western Blot? Unless it has been, you've probably had a FALSE positive result. All sorts of things can cause false positive results, that's why any hiv antibody test MUST be confirmed with a WB. If you are truly positive, you certainly did not get it from the experience you're worried about.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline sbr501

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 01:26:30 pm »
Ann

I did not confirm with WB. I am not beliving it is a false result. as I have all the symptoms and a reason.
I dont have any other experience in last 2 years. I am sure virus entered in my body through the wound
in my finger otherwise  unprotected oral sex.  maybe condom failure also. That was more than 30 minutes  game. maybe condom damaged in this time. but I am sure condom does not broke.
Now I am worried about my lower platele count.   Is there any chance to appear any serious helth problems with in 1 year with hiv. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »
Despite your result you are not confirmed as HIV positive until you have a western blot test is done.

Your fears notwithstanding, none of your symptoms are HIV specific. And nothing you reported of your activities would have put you at risk. So I continue to believe that you may very well test negative on the western blot.

Get it done.

Good luck. There's no point in discussing anything further about the future until you have that second test done. 
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2011, 07:40:31 am »
sb,

Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) can be caused by autoimmune diseases - and guess what, autoimmune diseases can also cause FALSE positive hiv antibody results.

In this link from the world-renown Mayo Clinic, hiv is NOT listed as a possible cause for thrombocytopenia.

You need to work with your doctor to find out why you have low platelets. Whatever it is, it isn't hiv. You have not had a risk for hiv infection.

Unless you also get a confirmatory WB test as well as a viral load test, you have NOT been diagnosed with hiv. You almost certainly have had a false positive, possibly caused by an underlying and as of yet, undiagnosed autoimmune disease.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.