Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 391
Total: 391

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: VL increased, so did cd4 and cd4 %???  (Read 4788 times)

Offline Ar1983

VL increased, so did cd4 and cd4 %???
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:26 am »
Hi all, Called my hospital today and they told me my latest results, I’ve been ud since July but my latest test results show that my VL went up to 109, Ive only been on meds’ for 9 months should I be worried that mine aren’t working correctly, I’ve to go back in 2 weeks for more tests but now I’m anxious again. I thought I got over all this worry when I got to ud, should I be worried

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: VL increased, so did cd4 and cd4 %???
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:20:13 pm »
Hi

You are only new to treatment, fluctuations can happen, particularly at first I would say. Its just a blip, a single minor, tiny blip. Nothing to loose sleep over.

As long as your doctor is not stressing, you should not be stressing. What did the doctor say?

Keep taking your meds and with the next measurement hopefully it will be clinically UD again.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 12:37:52 pm »
They said just a blip, cd4 is 690 and % has been steadily increasing, they kept asking about adherence to meds which I have been good, I’ve only missed a few of them by an hour or so, never missed altogether. I’ll try not to overthink this,

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 12:51:49 pm »
 :)

They said just a blip
See you have the answer.

I know its not easy to not overthink things, I suppose with some experience you learn that to just let some things go or that they were irrelevant to start with.

Living with HIV in 2017 is exactly that, so try to focus on living your life and do not to let overthinking things get in the way of your life.  ;)

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 02:14:19 pm »
Cheers Jim, i’ll Let u know what happens next appointment

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:47 am »
Hi, got my tests results back after my VL increasing and it’s increased again to 147, not massive but doctor wants to see me next week, I’m thinking they will change the meds I’m on, slightly worried about resistance now.

Offline Mightysure

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 02:36:23 pm »
I wouldn't worry about resistance at this point. It could be how well your body absorbs and processes the meds. One downside to these current meds is that almost all of them are one-size-fits-all.  There's no variation that takes into account the different physiologies we have.
I'm hoping you get a new regimine!

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »

ojo               hello art, i wouldm't worry about resistances, if that's the case, you have more options, so, please relax and let us know what your doctor decides to do...best of luck ans a big bear hug, i think you can use one now...cheer up

Offline PozLawyer

• Bipolar HIV+ former DC BigLaw attorney
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 04:27:23 am »
You are still below the threshhold of what CDC considers as risk to transmission to others, if that makes you feel better.  A sustained VL of several hundred is virologic failure and you may need to switch meds, but short term blips are nothing to worry about.

I am assuming you take your meds every day?

CDC statement is here: https://pozlawyer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/CDC-Statement.pdf
Follow me on Twitter at @PozLawyer https://twitter.com/PozLawyer.

Diagnosed August 2014
Tivicay + Descovy, VL UD, CD4 fluctuates b/w 400-600
Married, serodiscordant.  Husband is negative.
Avid gamer (Gaymer!).  https://daggr.net/members/3696/

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 08:33:18 am »
Thanks for the comments, they do help with my anxiety. Was back at the hospital today and they told me to keep taking my meds, they took more blood from me and testing my resistance again to make sure that it hasn’t changed, also taking about putting me on different meds next month.

Thanks again

Offline PozLawyer

• Bipolar HIV+ former DC BigLaw attorney
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 09:28:16 am »
Thanks for the comments, they do help with my anxiety. Was back at the hospital today and they told me to keep taking my meds, they took more blood from me and testing my resistance again to make sure that it hasn’t changed, also taking about putting me on different meds next month.

Thanks again

My bet is that it's a blip.  I've had them before too.  VL went up into the 30s, but my CD4 #s and % also continued to increase.  Next time they drew blood, I was undetectable again.  Blips happen.  If it turns out not to be a blip, they'll switch your medicine and you'll be UD again in no time. :)
Follow me on Twitter at @PozLawyer https://twitter.com/PozLawyer.

Diagnosed August 2014
Tivicay + Descovy, VL UD, CD4 fluctuates b/w 400-600
Married, serodiscordant.  Husband is negative.
Avid gamer (Gaymer!).  https://daggr.net/members/3696/

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:21 am »
Also agree with others and comments about the blip.

Best,

OT
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 07:44:08 pm »
thanks again everyone, this is a great safe place

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 05:57:06 am »
Hey all, so back a id doc today, VL IS AT 161, up again from 142, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, they want to leave it for another month as new medication is becoming available so I don’t have to take tabs twice a day, I’m so annoyed with myself, but I’m consistent with meds, They said something isn’t working correctly let’s hope 1 month from today i’ll Get an early xmas pressie ;-)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 08:09:18 am »
Sorry to hear that.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong

Look sounds like they are on top of it and sometimes switching is the answer to fully suppressing the virus. This can be totally outside of your control, so as long as you have been adherent there is nothing more you can do. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 09:15:11 pm »

ojo     hello my friend, i'm sorry that you are feeling annoyed, you are doing everything right, sometimes, some meds are not as good for aome as for others, so, do not worry, you will get your christmas present either way, a vl result or switching meds...hang in there my friends, that goof things come to those who wait...keep us posted, please, we love gossip, lol                                                                     ojo

Offline Expat1

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »
Not to worry,  the VL is still what would have been considered undetectable a few years ago.  You CD4s are great, so you shouldn't be getting any opportunistic infections.  I read some report that Transmission to others rarely occurred if the VL was under 2000.

In any case your doctors are on top of this so, don't worry.  Live life. Cheers.

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 12:26:17 am »
Hi all, so got lab results in December which was ud again ;-) made my xmas so much better.. I have just started a new regime this week, I used to take 2raltegravir  (400mg) a day 12 hours apart and 1 truvada, now I’m taking 2 600mg raltegravir and 1 truvada all at the same time. Which is Brilliant, anyone else on these? As It’s the same meds just different doses should I worry about it not working? 

PS Happy new year everyone

Offline harleymc

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 03:52:39 am »
Congratulations on getting to Undetectable :).

I'm on a 4 way combo that is similar to your new 3 way

I'm on eviplers/complera which is truvada plus rilpivirine.  I'm also on the 2x400 mg raltegravir.

I've been on this combo for 6 years, I have had slight issues with pre-existing anxiety and depression, so have fine tuned with a minuscule dose of an antidepressant.  In just over a week I'll be swapping out the complera for Odefsey, as my ID is a bit paranoid about my bones & kidney function (completely normal readings but I'm now closer to 60 than 50).

The only side effect is I have more wrinkles and my hair is going grey.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.