Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:32:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 295
Total: 296

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Confirmed: traveling with a year supply without problems  (Read 3749 times)

Offline ardarn

Confirmed: traveling with a year supply without problems
« on: September 26, 2017, 08:10:26 am »
Hi.
I am lurking on this site for a half a year now. I would like to give back for the tremendous help this site and the members gave me with their amazing advice.

So here it is:
I decided to move out of China because of the recent uncertainty of the visa laws and move back to my country. Since July 3. it changed 7 times now.

I can confirm that at Chinese border if you spread your meds into 2-3 luggages in 3s they don't check.
I flew to Thailand and bought a year supply (12 boxes) of medication and flew back to Hong Kong. Then flew from Hong Kong transfer through Doha, Quatar to Europe with 12 unopened, original meds  and my PS4 in my carry-on. A big ass backpack with full of meds and a console. Lol.

Nobody asked or said a word. Nor at the security check nor at the borders.

Based on the advice I read here I did put 2 boxes into check in and kept a week meds in my pocket just in case. Also I had the doctors letters with me if needed and had a cover story too.

Altogether if you need to travel with medicine and use your common sense I don't think you will have problems.

Thank you once again for the members for their amazing support. I hope this helps people who needs to travel and ease their mind a little.

Ardarn

Offline Axiom

Re: Confirmed: traveling with a year supply without problems
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 05:10:03 am »
I assume you was working in China?

Don't they require HIV test for the visa?

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 08:20:14 am »
Good to know. Thanks for posting the info to share.

How is life back in Europe?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline ardarn

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:10:07 am »
China is...... China. There is always ways to go around things if necessary. And if you play nicely people will help.

Life back here is.... Strange.
I lived in China for 13 years ( most of my adult life tbh ), only visiting family every 2 years for a week or 2.  Life is very slow here,  everyone is extremely polite to a point it drives me crazy;) My ass is completely frozen and food is very heavy ( compare to the zero sugar or flour diet I had there). Gained at least 10 kg. Not happy about it. At all. So next week  start gym seriously.Having problems with communication though, did not forget too much from my mother tongue but it is definitely very different how people express themselves. Way too much information through gestures and mimics and people tend to talk a LOT of personal problems. Needs time to get to use to it again.

Altogether having a good time but it is challenging. In a week or 2 I also need to start to look for a job.  So.... Yay.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 08:23:29 am by ardarn »

Offline marseilliais

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 10:20:51 pm »
Thanks alot for this post! I am actually planning to visit China for a month or two for the first time since my diagnosis. I had my 10-year tourist visa approved prior to my diagnosis. Reading this is really relieving because I was worried that they'd ask questions about my pills at the Chinese border. Did you have problems re-entering Mainland China (not HK) with your meds?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:35:50 pm by marseilliais »
Jun. 09/17 - diagnosed, CD4: ?, VL: ?
Jul. 20/17 - CD4: 450, VL: 3,000,000
Started Genvoya
Aug. 20/17 - CD4: 700, VL: UD
Sep. 25/17 - CD4: ?, VL: 157
Oct. 26/17 - CD4: 724, VL: 53
Dec. 10/17 - CD4: 640, VL: 55
Started Triumeq, discontinued Genvoya
Jan. 20/18 - CD4: ?, VL: 77
Apr. 3/18 - CD4: ?, VL: UD
Jul. 10/18 - CD4: 710, VL: UD

Offline ardarn

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 03:40:24 pm »
I would definitely not mention my status anywhere in Mainland. To cross the border if you separate your meds into different bags ( 2-3 boxes in big luggage, 2 in carry on, a week enough pills in jeans pocket) I don't think you will have any problems.
If you need doctor, just in HK as in Mainland all doctors need to report your status and this database is equally shared among all agencies including police.

Many things changed over the years, turning better, but you only need just one person to screw you over. Not worth it for a holiday.

Anyways, don't worry about it.There will be no problems. Enjoy your holiday;)

Offline ardarn

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 03:48:23 pm »
I assume you was working in China?

Don't they require HIV test for the visa?

Sorry for the late reply. All foreigners tested for work visa, students visa. And 90% of the time you go to see a doctor they test foreigners for HIV doesn't matter if you have skin problems or stomach problems or just your hair hurts.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.