Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:04:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Reyataz and Norvir  (Read 7354 times)

Offline Viritalicus

Reyataz and Norvir
« on: August 02, 2007, 05:50:34 pm »
I have been on Viramune and Truvada (2 and 1 at the same time) for over a year, but since I was experiencing an annoying and hitching rush on my torso and extremities, my Doctor just switched me to Reyataz and Norvir (1 and 1 at the same time, before bed).
The rush has disappeared and so far no side effects. Actually I stopped feeling bloated and no more diarrhea.
Any feedback?

Marino :-*

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Reyataz and Norvir
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 06:22:30 pm »
Matty the Damned takes Reyataz and Norvir along with Kivexa and finds it a most agreeable combo.

At the start (back then I was taking Trizivir in place of the Kivexa) I had some tummy troubles, but they pretty much settled down when I started taking the Norvir/Reyataz component at bedtime, though I suspect the Trizivir was a significant offender too.

It's good potent stuff which saw my VL come down from the millions to undetectable in a handful of months.

Thank you Reyataz/Norvir! I feel like a complete woman once more! :)

MtD

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:13:05 pm »
I just started Reyataz/Norvir a little less than a month ago, but have found it most agreeable and have had no side effects from it.

I take mine in the morning after breakfast, along with a Combivir chaser.

I am quite pleased with the combo.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »
I also take this combo in the moring, with breakfast.  I've been on it for 3 1/2 years and have no complaints.  The usual suspects lurk around, occassional diaherrea, depression, fatigue and fat redistribution (I've got a gut I've never had before but then the milk and cookies every night don't help) but nothing I can't live with.

robert
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:18:16 am by Robert »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 11:35:27 pm »
Hi

I started Reyataz and Norvir along with Emtriva and Viread just over a week ago, I had a few problems when I was taking it in the morning but switch to taking it just before bedtime and have no problems at all with it.

Hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline lostboy

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 02:19:36 am »
I love my Reyataz and Norvir. I like it so much that I take it every day.  I only wish you didn't have to have it with food because I don't like eating on a schedule.
"There is no gene for the human spirit"

Offline Viritalicus

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 06:19:17 am »
I take it with a yogurt, which help keeping you intestinal flora healthy.

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 12:42:35 am »
I just started on Reyataz and Norvir today.  One dose--no problems yet  :D

But I'll be moving them from the morning box to the nighttime box right now.

Thanks everybody.  JR
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2007, 01:27:52 am »
Since I don't eat breakfast (haven't since my college days), in the AM, I take viramune, videx ec, and bactrim. (No food with the videx)

At dinner, it's viramune, viread, Reyataz and Norvir. I have learned that I must eat a FULL meal and avoid many tomato sauces or the norvir will get very UN-happy. If the tomato sauce is too acidic or I haven't eaten enough, I swear I can tell when that norvir gel cap bursts. Even being cautious with how much and what I eat, twice a month I'll end up barfing.

But it's definitely a regime I can live with. Over the last 15 yrs of different meds, most have made me barf EVERY day and probably half have given me rashes. Barfing only a couple days a month is a price I'm willing to pay to keep my VL undetectable.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline alterman

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 03:48:17 am »
I am also on that combo and its being good to me. Bring on the CURE. ;D

Offline chrism1973

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 07:00:39 am »
I take  Reyatax/norvir and have found it to be a good combo.No sides from it at all.I have been o n it for over a year now.The only new thing out about reyataz is watch for kidney stones.I have never experienced them but they are saying that can be a long term side effect.
                                                                                                                                                              Chris
Love yourself,love life and live.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 12:47:59 am »
Me takes Reyataz, norvir and truvada.....and its working just peachy (so far)
However I'm taking two Reyataz with one novir and one truvada at dinner time.
Hope it works for you............ :-*
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 02:53:21 am »
I love my Reyataz and Norvir. I like it so much that I take it every day.  I only wish you didn't have to have it with food because I don't like eating on a schedule.

Food in the context of Reyataz means (1) something with a bit of fat - for the Norvir to get absorbed (2) something to make the stomach acid work - for the Reyataz to get absorbed proper. Slice of toast, Snickers bar or half a pint of milk will do.

- matt
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 06:50:00 am by newt »
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Viritalicus

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 06:45:27 am »
Thanks Newt, I have been wandering what taking with food mean. I have long work hours and I do not have dinner at the same time...
I have been taking my med at bedtime with a yogurt.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:16:36 am »
wow. I could never get by eating as little as just a yogurt or toast. I've risked it with just a PB&J sandwich and have done ok. But I don't like to complain about it too much. I used to take norvir in liquid form and, man, that had to be the WORST med I've ever taken! It was like drinking gasoline. :) (which brings up a thought I have all the time - why can't all these meds be flavored? Just because I'm older doesn't mean I don't like cherry, grape or orange anymore. LOL)

The good thing I'm seeing from our posts though, is that is does seem to be a good combo to take. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline cayucosguy

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 05:15:57 pm »
I've been on Reyataz and Norvir (w/Truvada) for almost two years now, and I've had no side-effects whatsoever.
I am still bothered by having to keep the Norvir refrigerated (never above 70 degrees, at least), so it does make it hard to travel.  Try explaining to an under-paid, under-trained TSA agent why you have to carry the frozen gel packs on board with you can be a real challenge!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 05:32:36 pm »
Actually Norvir doesn't require refrigeration provided you use it within a month.

MtD

Offline Lis

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 05:46:27 pm »
Matty is right as rain...

my doc said no worries for 30 days...

:-*      and newt, thank you for the info my doc didnt give me... (kisses)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:48:11 pm by Lis »
poz 1986....

Offline lostboy

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 03:51:47 am »
Food in the context of Reyataz means (1) something with a bit of fat - for the Norvir to get absorbed (2) something to make the stomach acid work - for the Reyataz to get absorbed proper. Slice of toast, Snickers bar or half a pint of milk will do.

- matt

Thanks Matt, based on that info, I'm going to stop taking my N&R at lunch and take it mid morning with half a pint of (full cream) milk. That will make my life much easier. Now if only you could have it with half a pint of dark thick ale . . .  ;D
"There is no gene for the human spirit"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 03:55:01 am »
Now if only you could have it with half a pint of dark thick ale . . .

. . . you could always give it a try. ;)

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.