Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:41:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: oh dear another falling on buttock story  (Read 7317 times)

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
oh dear another falling on buttock story
« on: May 25, 2011, 11:38:57 am »
This is from yahoo UK news page     

N.Z. truckie 'blew up like balloon' in freak accident
A New Zealand truck driver who inflated "like a balloon" when he fell buttocks-first onto a compressed air nozzle was described as lucky to be alive Wednesday.Steven McCormack was working on his truck at Opotiki on the North Island on Saturday when he slipped between the cab and the trailer, dislodging the compressed air hose that feeds the brakes, the Whakatane Beacon reported.It said the brass fitting that the hose had been attached to pierced McCormack's left buttock in the fall, sending compressed air rushiinto his body.
The 48-year-old said he felt as if he was going to explode and began to scream as his neck, feet and hands swelled up.
"I was blowing up like a football... it felt like I had the bends, like in diving. I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon," he told the newspaper.
Workmates rushed to McCormack's aid, turning off the compressed air and packing ice around his swollen neck.
Ambulance officers removed the brass nozzle from his buttock and rushed him to Whakatane Hospital, where a surgeon treated the injury and drained one of his lungs, which had filled with fluid during the ordeal.
McCormack said doctors later told him that the air separated fat from muscle and they were surprised his skin did not burst.

Now recuperating in Whakatane Hospital, he told the Beacon his skin felt "like a pork roast", hard and crackly on the outside but soft underneath.
A hospital spokeswoman confirmed details of the freak accident, which she said could have killed McCormack.
"It's fair to say he's lucky to be alive, it was a potentially life-threatening situation," she told AFP on Wednesday.

ed-------because I could not get link to work----------
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:09:15 pm by Theyer »
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: oh dear another falling on anus accident
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:45:21 am »
/link fail
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: oh dear another falling on anus accident
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 11:56:51 am »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Re: oh dear another falling on buttock story
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 12:17:59 pm »
Thank you Ann, we got there in the end.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 12:29:36 pm »
My real life peeps are sick enough to enjoy this so I posted it on my FB wall.  Can't wait for their sick ass comments.  I'll share the good ones.

Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 12:38:31 pm »
My real life peeps are sick enough to enjoy this so I posted it on my FB wall.  Can't wait for their sick ass comments.  I'll share the good ones.

Drewn will probably enjoy this thread immensely  :o
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 12:41:40 pm »
Thank you Ann, we got there in the end.

You're welcome, chuck. :-*

Drewn will probably enjoy this thread immensely  :o

Doubt it; airflow is in the wrong direction. :o

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 12:44:42 pm »

Doubt it; airflow is in the wrong direction. :o
That just reminded me of a traumatic experience I had with a hot tub and those high-intensity jets while on vacation in Puerto Rico a few years ago... what started out as a pleasurable experience, well, let's just say, I wouldn't advise anyone to try it.  :o
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »
Meanwhile Dominique Gaston André Strauss-Kahn is getting a $250,000 severance package funded by taxpayers -- WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE? :P
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 01:08:16 pm »
Meanwhile Dominique Gaston André Strauss-Kahn is getting a $250,000 severance package funded by taxpayers -- WHERE'S THE OUTRAGE? :P

Watch your step, sweetie, you know locked-thread-revival is verboten. ::)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 01:15:16 pm »

I swear, I just don't get so many comments.  I guess I should chalk it up to my brain fade.  Do I need google again?

OK, just googled it and I think I can solve the puzzle without buying a vowel.  ;D  I only lurked on that thread, never posted.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:19:13 pm by wolfter »
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 02:51:25 pm »

Que que?  No entiendo.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 02:58:08 pm »
Que que?  No entiendo.

Bitte, sprechen Sie Englisch!

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.