Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:58:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 650
Total: 650

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  (Read 6487 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
« on: November 20, 2007, 08:49:59 pm »
Those of us in North America will celebrate Thanksgiving on Thursday.   With some families, it is traditional to "go around the table" and let everyone tell one thing they are thankful for this year.

So I'll start:

I am thankful for my AIDSmeds family.  I am so lucky to have been able to attend two AMG's (Montreal and San Francisco) and also to go to Nashville two years ago to meet some of our members.  I sometimes get so caught up in day-to-day living, that I forget to stop and enjoy life along the way.   I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams, and my gratitude is overflowing.

"If the only prayer you ever say in your life is THANK YOU, it will be enough." -  Meister Eckhart (1260-1320)

Love to all, and thank you !

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Basquo

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 08:55:54 pm »
Damn, Alan, you said exactly what I was going to say.  I guess I'll just say "Ditto!"  Oh, and "iFeliz Vojalote!"

Love and Hugs and Thanks to you all!
Creighton

Offline Jody

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 09:01:54 pm »
Oh Alan...You positively stole my quote from Meister Eckhart (1260-1320), you thief you!!!  ;)

Happy and healthy holiday's to all my fine friends at this Aidsmeds family and the best year of our lives ahead!!!

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 09:16:16 pm »
I'm thankful for my health and my friends, plus my very two special friends in Michigan. Of course I couldn't leave out my families. That includes those here at AidsMeds. May you all eat too much on Thursday and lie in bed and groan all day.  ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 09:17:31 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to all the lovely aidsmeds'ers here.  I hope everyone has a lovely day.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline BirdBear718

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 09:26:06 pm »
Happy Carbo-loading day!
My plate will have stuffing, stuffing, mashed potates, sweet potatoes, baked corn pudding, baked macaroni, stuffing, stuffing....
For dessert I will have pie, cake, cookies....and....stuffing!

I am thankful for family....those I have chosen to be part of my family and those who were born into it.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Offline tinydaniell

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:19:25 am »
I am thanful for better health friends and family both at home and here.

Michael

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 12:39:55 am »
Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

I am thankful for my family here, my friends and, of course, those blood kin who never believe me when I tell them I really do eat.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 01:51:27 am »
I am thankful to have found a new family here on the Forums even though I am not sure who is claiming me... ;) I am thankful to be doing so well on my meds so soon and to just be here. Much love to you all.... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 05:01:42 am »
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for so many things... specifically here for meeting a great & diverse bunch of people who inspire, support, and challenge.

Happy stuffing...

:-*

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline bear60

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 10:07:32 am »
I was wondering who would start a Thanksgiving thread...and it couldnt have come from a nicer guy Alan.

I feel thankful that I have friends and family, a roof over my head, and a new range to cook the pumpkin pie in.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline dixieman

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 10:31:04 am »
Happy Thanksgiving... to everyone...

Offline Paulette

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 12:11:09 pm »
Happy Turkey Day Everyone :)

I'm Thankful for The Blood of JESUS,My Health, Family, Friends and this wonderful place where i get to interact with some wonderful people.

I hope and pray that everyone feels as blessed as me.
Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline ademas

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 12:30:30 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope everyone has a great one.

Dan J.

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 12:42:09 pm »
Thank you Alan for starting this thread...

Eventhough I am having a hard time at the moment I know that this will be temporary and I will be feeling better soon. I am thankful for the oportunity to attend 2 AMG, & have the support and friendship of the most amazing group of people I have ever had the privilage and honor to know.  I am thankful I have an amazing, loving husband.  I love you my dearest Hermie.  I will be with you soon. I have my new fur baby Rascal to spoil. A wonderful DR. that I have known for 20 years. If it wasn't for his expert care I doubt I would be here now.  I am grateful for my friends Dean, Kevin, Michael . & especially Stephen & Jackie and the 9 doggies we share together. Stephen and I have had a stormy past but we've worked through all our issues and have become closer over the years. I can't imagine my life without him.  While I was in the hospital he would come and shave me, bring me snacks, take care of my dog and just BE THERE.  I love him very, very much. He is my "big brother". I need to tell him that.

I don't mean to exclude anyone but I am especially thankful to...

Ann (emerldeyes) Thank you for being my friend, for the calls and flowers. I love you very much.
Hal (Aunty Doxie) Thank you so much for the beutiful flowers & phone calls.  :-* :-* :-*

Extra special graditude and love to Alan, Crieghton, Jan, Rocky, Lisa, Jerry, Tim H., Jody, MtD....

I could go on and on I'm sorry for getting "mushy".  I just want you all to know how grateful I am.

Love to everyone that reads this...

Danny

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2007, 12:47:24 pm »
In 1988, two yrs after leaving NC and moving up here to the land of the Yankees and snow (the place formerly known as Ohio), while my late partner and I were still running a little pet shop, we met an incredible woman. For the last 20 yrs now, I've eaten EVERY Thanksgiving meal (and most Sunday dinners throughout the year) with her and her family. For this year's feast, I just finished baking 4 doz pumpkin/cranberry muffins, and will pop the green bean casserole in the oven in the morning. ;)

I'm thankful for my Ohio Mom, Joyce :-*; my partner Jim :-*; and for still being alive ;D!

Happy Turkey Day Everyone!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2007, 01:28:49 pm »
My best to everyone for a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mike :)
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2007, 02:10:12 pm »
I ought to have known Alan, that you would be the guy to start this thread. I'm thankful for that and for you. And for friends who are here and so many others elsewhere who bless my life. I'm grateful for my children and for each day I am given.

Love to you all. Have a sweet holiday if you're celebrating and a sweet one anyway even if you're not.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline David_CA

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 02:49:07 pm »
My family has the same tradition of going around the table and having each person say what they're thankful for.  I know that I'll have to say that I'm thankful to be there, after how sick I was last year at this time.  I think I'll have to add that I'm thankful for my family and friends - both personal and here online.  Have a nice Thanksgiving!

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 03:01:36 pm »
I know that I'll have to say that I'm thankful to be there, after how sick I was last year at this time.

Being in the hospital does put a lot into perspective doesn't it? LOL It's easy to be thankful and grateful about everything (lumpy gravy, dry turkey, bitchy relatives) when no one is taking your blood or temp at 2:30 in the morning and there aren't any beeping monitors around.  ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 04:58:46 pm »
As mini's mom I'm very thankful for her, all of her siblings, and of course my sweet hubby, mini's dad.  I'm thankful for all the wonderful people I've met here and the advice that they have given. I'm thankful for the love and support of my family, our community, our church family, and that my inlaws live 2002 miles away in another country!

Mini is thankful for splenda because now she can have dessert.  She's thankful for her family and her friends and the world and all the toys she will get for Christmas. (direct quote from her)

Mini and Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 06:34:10 pm »
I am grateful for being on this planet still, but also very sad for not being able to spend thanksgiving in the Us with Dan and his family.
Over here nobody knows what I am talking about when I mention turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, corn bread, stuffing, pumpkin pie.....yet it feels like home to me and I am now far away from you all.

Let me tell you this : I am thank full for knowing so many kind and loving souls on Am. People that have showed me love, compassion and friendship even with me not being an American.

I am grateful that Dan is in my life and that he has changed to be a more conscious person in the last year.
I thank myself for still being alive after my bankrupty, my tumors, my divorce, my financial disaster.

But most of all I am thankfull for googling AIDS GROUPS" 2 years ago and finding this site.

Alan, you are the most precious soul I know.
Queen, i claim you.. just a piece of your heart and you make me happy.

Matty, who has saved my life;. yes you read it right , "saved me from committing suicide". thank you my sweet friend. You just have what it takes to pick up the vibes of me  wanting to leave this planet.

Emeraldise.. dearest Em being such a help to Dan

Eric Life.. When you could hear this man's sweetest voice, you would be gratefull to ever have lear him speak words of support. His voice just calms yo down in no time. sweetest man you are eric.

Rocky  aka Rab, for being the amazing person he is, for inspiring me to go on, thank you baby.

Jody, for being the funny, witty but sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetes man on earth. god, do I miss you.. sjaloom;

Ric and Thom for believing in me.

Jeffrey J... for your fights and struggles and you love

Joemutt for your inspirational thoughts.. you seem to sense when I need them the most. Stay well in BKK

Siang, my rock in the surf, for having been there through my darkest days, when i never thought I would see the light again.
For inviting me to different restaurants when I was broke, just because you wanted to share what you had...

Lola, my sweetest Jack Russel. thank you baby for giving me your body warmth and your licks..

And all I may have forgotten on here.. it is just the flash of the moment and  know i am forgetting so many of you.

Have a nice Thanksgiving my American family... I will think of you all and cry tomorrow..

Love hermie

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:45:11 pm by heartforyou »
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 07:14:30 pm »
Yes, lots to be thankful of....
Happy Thanksgiving, Alan.
Happy Thanksgiving, ALL who celebrate this odd American holiday.
Hugs To All,
Mike

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 08:03:34 pm »
Thankyou Alan !

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. I have so much to be thankful for. I am thankful that Ed has been in my life these past 27 years, through the best and the worse. He stuck by me.

I am thankful for my supportive family, and friends that  surround me, and to all those on this site, that have offered words of support and guidance these past 4 years, when I needed it.

I am thankful that I am still capable of working. Working is a very big part of my life, it helps to keep me stable.

I am thankful for another day.... Happy Thanksgiving everyone

((((HUGS))))----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline cayucosguy

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2007, 10:14:38 pm »
A wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving to everyone here at AM.

I'm most grateful for being able to meet allanq, johnoso and pozattitude (alland, john & rich) this year.  And for still being here and being able to give a little of myself to others.

Gobble, Gobble...

Vince

& thanks to Alan for starting this thread  :-*

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2007, 11:03:01 pm »
What am I the most thankful for this year?  That is a very easy question for me to answer.  I am most thankful for the medical advances and the medications that have not only kept me alive but have enabled me to improve my immune system so that I am able to enjoy all the other things in my life that bring me joy.

Without Thom, I would have had no reason to fight.  Without my blood family, I would have never have been accepted for just being me.  Without my AIDSmed family, I would have never know what the true meaning of universal love is all about.  And without Miss Tucker, I would never have been shown a path to return a bit of what I have received.  She is going into training as a therapy dog and we will visit local HIV and other terminal patients as long as we are both able.

For all of you who celebrate the holiday of Thanksgiving and for those of you who may think we Americans are a bit weird, I can only say "Thank you" for being a part of my life.  And I send you this with all my love.  Ric

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 12:36:59 am »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I am thankful for my family, esp for my little brother who is overseas fighting this war right now.  I am thankful for my dog Cheech who has seen me through everything for nearly 14 years.  I am thankful for all of the absolutely wonderful people I have met through these Forums since joining in June.  You are all my source of strength!  I am esp thankful to the GFs in the threads who share so much every day, without fail.  I am thankful for Iceman and for what has turned out to be a joyous holiday for me this year.  I am thankful for the researchers who have developed the meds that have kept me around much longer than I ever thought possible.

God Bless everyone this holiday.   :-*

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Robert

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 01:35:56 am »
blessings to all of you,  my friends, my family, and all of gods little creatures that give me pleasure everyday.

robert

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2007, 06:39:35 am »
Good morning everyone:

I am thankful for the wonderful memories of my mum that I have.  I am thankful for my friends here on AIDSMeds.  I am thankful that I have a warm place to live and an abundance of food (seriously, there are so many homeless I see when I go out).  And I am thankful that I was able to come from an extremely dark place back into life.  Every day is a chance to start fresh. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

"And through the darkest of night, you can look beyond and still see the light"-Martin Luther King Jr.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline AIDS2HIV

• www.aids2hiv.com
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2007, 11:11:00 am »
I'm thankful after all these years, even with AIDS...i still have the sexiest Gobbler around*

Sexy & Romantic glitter graphics from S e x i l u v . c o m

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving, from our family to yours*
Its the future of Hiv Education, and Resources www.aids2hiv.com      Got Community?

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 11:27:52 pm »
In spite of all of it (much of it out of my own making).....

I am thankful to be alive.. 
I am thankful to have friends that understand and help me.
I am thankful to Peter and the gang for giving me a place where I can be me.
I am thankful for my beliefs that keep me afloat.
I am thankful I can continue to work and be productive.
I am thankful I have William to share my life with.
I am thankful that I got an extra month of summer when it should be winter.
I am thankful for my doctor who calls me and asks me how I am doing when I don't expect it.
I am thankful for my brothers, sister, Mom and Dad who love me.

Wow, that's alot.  Two years ago,  I don't think I had one thing to be thankful for..  Time does change your perspectives on life..

Love to all here.  You have made the difference and I am forever greatful..

Eric

[attachment deleted by admin]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.