Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:56:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 451
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 408
Total: 408

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Prezista stories?....  (Read 4607 times)

Offline atlq

Prezista stories?....
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:41:27 pm »
I am shopping around for a new combo this week (posted about it below) and many people have suggested that I replace my Kaletra with another boosted PI, Prevista. I am thinking about Isentress instead, but would really appreciate hearing from anyone who is on Prevista. Did it make any difference in your lipids? If you switched to it from another PI, did it maintain viral suppression? And how much Norvir is required as a booster (100 or 200 mg)? Thanks!....

“Keep up the good work....   And God bless you.”
  --  Sarah Palin, to members of the Alaskan Independence Party, 2008

Offline atlq

Re: Prezista stories?....
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 07:53:53 pm »
Counting the tumbleweeds as they roll by....

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 08:07:34 pm »
Well, I answered your other thread about Isentress so when I saw this other thread I thought I'd let someone else speak -- but whatever.  As I said in the other thread I'm also on Prezista with my Isentress, and of course the Norvir booster which is 100mg twice/day.

My lipid panel was never sky high on Kaletra like some people, which is what I took for 5 years before going on Prezista 2 years ago.  Elevated, yes -- but not sky high.  It's gone down slightly after switching to Prezista, but I also began taking Omega-3 fish oil on my doctor's advice around the same time, so it's difficult to ascertain what's done what.  Are you taking fish oil for your lipid panel?  How high are your lipids any way?

Otherwise I've had no side effects from any of this.

I saw you're already on Truvada (me too) so I'd also wonder why your doctor is not thinking of combining Prezista with Isentress.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline atlq

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:23:48 pm »
Philly!-Coming through again!....thanks....My last lipd panel in mid June had a total cholesterol of 225 and an LDL 165...not horrendous, I known, but before Kaletra my total cholesterol was 160 with an LDL of 84...my mother family has a horrendous history with cardiovascular events (three of her 4 brothers died of heart attacks in their 60's) and she has had to have an angioplasty, so I am extra watchful concerning my lipids...

Actually my doc has brought up another boosted PI with Isentress, but I am reluctant, because I think the Norvir booster (even at that low dose) is heart toxic....Probably being a little irrational, but still.....

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »
.Probably being a little irrational, but still.....

Probably.  Plus the booster has become so standard with HIV care now lately you'll be encountering it sooner or later.

It's a tiny dose, and your numbers as you say are not horrendous, plus it's natural for them to get worse on Kaletra.

I try not to worry about such things until they happen, then deal with it.  Like I said, mine have not gotten worse by going on Norvir at such a minimal dose.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 01:51:16 pm »
I was on Crixivan for years  until about 6 months ago  Dr switched me to Prezista / Norvir....   On the Crix everthing was awful too high in the 300+ number for lipids   with the prezista / Norvir combo  now getting into the low 200s and dropping  ...I only test every three  months so I have two tests since starting....

Take three Prezizsta one Norvir  once a day
No difficulties  and one super plus....no diarrhea

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline atlq

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:29:28 pm »
Thanks for the info Nick......I will be making a final decision tomorrow...

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.