Main Forums > Positive Women

How do you feel about the person who infected you?Do you forgive them?

<< < (5/8) > >>

Jeff G:
ARV’S do NOT make you test negative, the rapid test looks for antibodies and not the virus itself . Welcome to the forum .

brokenwings:
Apparently ARVs decrease the concentration of not just the virus but the the antibodies too. I don't know how but yah. :(

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: brokenwings on January 19, 2016, 06:22:27 am ---Apparently ARVs decrease the concentration of not just the virus but the the antibodies too. I don't know how but yah. :(

--- End quote ---

Im really happy you found the forum and i am glad you are here so please do not think I am arguing with you for arguments sake but giving out correct and accurate information is what we strive for … so its important that people know that viral load and antibodies are not the same thing in HIV testing and that meds cannot make a person test HIV negative after they have seroconverted, its just not the way it works .

You can read about this subject on The body ….http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q201813.html

Im sorry I invaded the women’s forum and apologize for it … I admit I just realized what forum I was posting in but would have probably done so anyway in this one instance.

brokenwings:
Im not trying to argue with you at all too. I understand what an antibody and antigen is I took an immunology module in my under graduate degree I understand the adaptive immunity. Over time people who are on ARVs tend to test negative with the rapid test. Its a problem we are facing in the public clinics here in South Africa its sad that this information is not put out there. I found this out too late unfortunately. There has not been any research done on this according to my knowledge I tried searching for journal articles no luck.  Well according to my limited knowledge I think what happens is an antibody is also foreign to the body there are probably antibodies against antibodies I dnt know. These anti-antibody antibodies eliminate them and decrease their concentration in the bodily fluids or they disappear due to a reason I dont understand hence we have memory cells which producs the same antibodies when comes into contact with the antigen. since the viral load is UD meaning the will be very small amounts/not be any antigens in the blood stream that will launch an immune response therrfore no antibodies produced. Though they may be trace amounts of antibodies left, they may not be enough for the sensitivity of the rapid test hence they test negative. Infact theres someone in this forum who posted that she tested for fun it then came out negative il look for her post

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: brokenwings on January 22, 2016, 06:35:37 am ---Im not trying to argue with you at all too. I understand what an antibody and antigen is I took an immunology module in my under graduate degree I understand the adaptive immunity. Over time people who are on ARVs tend to test negative with the rapid test. Its a problem we are facing in the public clinics here in South Africa its sad that this information is not put out there. I found this out too late unfortunately. There has not been any research done on this according to my knowledge I tried searching for journal articles no luck.  Well according to my limited knowledge I think what happens is an antibody is also foreign to the body there are probably antibodies against antibodies I dnt know. These anti-antibody antibodies eliminate them and decrease their concentration in the bodily fluids or they disappear due to a reason I dont understand hence we have memory cells which producs the same antibodies when comes into contact with the antigen. since the viral load is UD meaning the will be very small amounts/not be any antigens in the blood stream that will launch an immune response therrfore no antibodies produced. Though they may be trace amounts of antibodies left, they may not be enough for the sensitivity of the rapid test hence they test negative. Infact theres someone in this forum who posted that she tested for fun it then came out negative il look for her post

--- End quote ---

We are here to help people find accurate information on HIV … please do not post inaccurate and misleading information about treatment and testing on this forum . If you want to discuss your theory then start a thread of your own in the research forum .

There is no basis in fact to support what you shared and we do not want other people to be misled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version