Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:15:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773204
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 531
Total: 532

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: - HIV Medication Add: How to get in one? -  (Read 3263 times)

Offline pozhope

- HIV Medication Add: How to get in one? -
« on: August 14, 2009, 05:45:49 am »
hello all - hope all is wonderful!

23 yr old art student here - just wondering how to go about being in an HIV add?

who do I contact? have you been in one before and have insight to the process?

*** I wanna use the money to fund a HIV online TV series featuring the lives of positive people.

hope to hear from you!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:49:49 am by pozhope »

Offline skeebo1969

Re: - HIV Medication Add: How to get in one? -
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:08:19 am »

867-5309 ask for Jenny.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline pozhope

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 08:21:22 am »
thanks! any other advice anyone?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 08:38:24 am »
thanks! any other advice anyone?

Are you hiv positive yourself?

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline pozhope

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 10:58:24 am »
yes I am +

skeebo1969 your number doesn't have a area code...

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:40 am »
yes I am +

skeebo1969 your number doesn't have a area code...

I think skeebo was being funny/playful...the number he gave is part of the lyrics to a song from 1982 called "867-5309/Jenny"

There was a thread here a few months ago about a casting call fro a Truvada ad, link below, it has the name and contact info for the ad agency that was handling it. It also explains what they were looking for and even though different ads will vary, it will give you a general idea of the kind of thing they usually look for (i.e someone with HIV but who looks GREAT). Different ad agencies handle different accounts depending on the drug company.

You can always search online to see if you can find out which ad agencies are used by the drug companies that make HIV drugs and then contact the ad agencies.

LINK:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=26504.0
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:24:07 am by Inchlingblue »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:44:06 am »

yes I am +

Well, in that case, PH, welcome to the forums! I had to ask, because your first post gave no indication and you'd be surprised by how many well-meaning but often-times rather condescending non-poz people we get coming here with somewhat off-beat requests. Their threads often disappear. ;)

I wouldn't have a clue how to get into an ad campaign - maybe contact the drug companies? I can't really see them paying very much though. There's got to be better ways of raising money.

You might be interested in reading this recent thread:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=28408.0

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sdguyloveslife

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:24 pm »

867-5309 ask for Jenny.

Skeebo - you crack me up!!! LOL!!! 

Pozhope -

Not laughing "at" you - naturally, you thought he was being serious - you probably were not even born yet when that song was a hit!   :D

Pharmaceutical companies typically don't create ads themselves.  Yes, they do have marketing departments that market the "drug" - and their own marketing professionals know how to take the "features" of the drug and translate that into tangible benefits for the target audience, but it usually ends there. 

If you notice the ads as well as the commercials, they're quite sophisticated and require a lot of "production equipment and capabilities" that are far outside the pharma company's business - so they typically outsource this type of work to ad agencies.  Sure the pharma company "supervises" the outside agency in terms of "Yeah, we like that" or "No, that's not convincing enough" or "FDA won't let us say 'that' in our ads" but the ad agency manages the production piece.  Then it gets really complex - because the ad agencies have varying levels of involvement - and some just manage the project, but hire all sorts of outside contractors to get the work done.  So, there's lots of "layers" of people, companies and agencies involved in this sort of work. 

Check out "Med Ad News" (you can easily google them online) - they're an industry trade journal specifically geared toward pharmaceutical and medical advertising.  There you will also familiarize yourself with all the big ad agency names - because they all love to brag about which pharmaceutical companies and drugs they represent.  After you familiarize yourself a little with the landscape, you then might try calling around and possibly find someone friendly in an ad agency that can help point you in the right direction. 

You can PM me if this is all too confusing -- this industry is a bit outside of my scope of work, so while I don't have any contacts to share with you, I would gladly answer a few more questions to help you understand how this all works. 

Good luck!
Richard

Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.