Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:11:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 350
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Diet Coke *plus  (Read 8959 times)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Diet Coke *plus
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:27:33 pm »
a couple nights ago, I was overcome with the most severe of stomach cramps.  :(  They exceeded my threshhold for pain such that I called the ambulance without care as to whether I was still insured or not.

I spent the remainder of my night at the hospital receiving sporadic shots of morphine -- that is, of course, when I wasn't busy working on my explosive and uncontrolled diarrhea project, and suffering from my semi-irrational fear that if I fell asleep someone would accidentally remove an organ I wasn't willing or needing to part with.  It was a rough night.

So.  The next day, I spent most of my day sleeping (probably coming down from the morphine).

And today, I miandered to Safeway, to get some Dannon Probiotic Smoothies to help the ill-balanced ecosystem of my tummy.  Anyway...  As I was standing in line, mesmerized by the checkout girl's hair - which was kind of done in a finger wave, but more closely resembled the wet hair of a Kerry Blue Terrier, all napped up, I turned to the magazines at the top of the conveyor belt, where I learned that the Virginia Tech Killer was a homo.  Fucking tabloids...  If anyone ever comes out of their tree, or goes batshit crazy, they are labeled as gay.  What Assholes.

Then I saw it.  Diet Coke Plus.   Of course, I'm not going to drink it until I'm better feeling and my intestinal utopia of bacterial happiness is restored, but I bought it.  DIET COKE WITH VITAMINS & MINERALS, it touts...  I crave it for both satiation of thirst and curiousity.  It is my newest perplexion.

Anyone have any experiences???

-joseph
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:07:38 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Diet Coke *plus
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:42:56 pm »
Can't say that I have any experience with that, Joseph.  I like diet Coke as well and I guess, if I must drink soda, why not some with some value to it? ;D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 03:50:57 pm »
See if it is caffeine free or not. We can all do without extra caffeine.

Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you had an extra rough night. Glad you made it through, Joseph.
Andy Velez

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 04:02:41 pm »
Thanks Joseph.  You expressed such a horrible experience so eloquently and with overcast wit, that you made me feel better about the insanity of my week and the venting tirade I just went on with some friends.  Regardless of the Diet Coke *plus, I am going to drink some green tea and go on a gardening shopping spree to sooth my lonely work week angst...

Oh, speaking of organ removals... I once had my appendix taken out and as the nurse was rolling me into the operating room, he told me I had pretty teeth.  The next thing I knew I woke up and the top half of my pubic hair was shaved off and there was a hole where my appendix was removed.

Sometime I share my testicular torsion operation story that happened post Black's beach in San Diego... heaven bless morphine.

Kindest,
Drew 

Offline momoftwo

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 04:09:22 pm »
Sounds like quite the evening. I have not had the best results with morphine so I can relate. I am going to get some diet coke plus to try. I am hoping the fiance who is terrified of anything veggie related will try it and like it.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 04:17:45 pm »

Hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you had an extra rough night. Glad you made it through, Joseph.

What good is soda without caffeine???? LOL but your right about it anyways!!!

So this diet coke plus has what in it???? is it vitamins or more caffeine id buy it either way....

I am thinking my VL is so low because of the acidc enviroment from all the diet coke i drink (10-12 cans a day)....j/k

I go batshit if i dont drink any soda in a day...that and ill get a migrane
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline StacheBC

• Hello
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 04:31:15 pm »
I hope you feel better soon.
Glad you didn't walk out of the hospital with a 34DD breast implant. That would be my nightmare... Just one question doctor, why do I feel so top heavy... Oh well maybe they'll look better once I get a wax job.

I might have to give Diet Coke + a try... I've been trying to drink more of that colorless liquid that comes out of my fridge, let me see.... Oh it's called Whirlpool. Well been trying to drink more Whirlpool juice.

Do you have any idea what caused the stomach cramps?

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 09:06:01 pm »

Do you have any idea what caused the stomach cramps?

At first, I thought it was caused by George Bush.  Mostly because he's an asshole.  But since I would never willingly let him enjoy the erotic security and comfort of my colon, I realized that it was all the Pope's fault.

In the face of rationality, however, I had mexican food today.  I'm such a dumbass.  LOL

-joseph
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 09:18:24 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 10:32:38 pm »
I had mexican food today.
I had mexican :D

Milker (who hates diet coke)
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2007, 10:56:54 pm »
I saw it, i bought it, i drank and i liked it.

Reading about mexican food makes my tummy hurt. :(

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 11:02:02 pm »
Does it taste any different than regular diet coke?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 11:05:25 pm »
Does it taste any different than regular diet coke?

Dunno yet... I didn't have the intestinal fortitude, so to speak, to try it yet.

Maybe tomorrow.  Until then I'll just let it haunt my fridge. :)  I promise a complete report, as soon as I do, though. LOL

I would say that I can't even make a BM without notifying the AM boards, but it's closer to the truth than I'd truly care to admit.

-joseph

Offline StacheBC

• Hello
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 01:07:18 am »
I must admit I admire the way you can look back and have a sense of humour about what happened to you.
Not that we always need to have a sense of humour (somethings things just suck).

Although what happened to you wasn't funny your post did keep me smiling all day... Thanks.

Hoping the Diet Coke + will replenish some of the vitamines and minerals you've been losing and it brings some joy to your oral orifice!

Cheers,
Mauricio.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 02:20:45 am »
Although what happened to you wasn't funny your post did keep me smiling all day... Thanks.

Mauricio-

Thanks, I'm glad that the tribulations of my life make someone smile. LOL

Truth be told, on my living will, it is stated that if I am disabled, and unable to laugh then I don't want to be here any longer.

I always try to look for the humor in every bad situation.  Sometimes, when everything has gone down the shitter, laughter is the only thing we have left.

:)

-joseph

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 03:23:16 am »
I had mexican tonight....2 stuffed chili peppers....im hungry again though
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 11:58:46 am »
I would say that I can't even make a BM without notifying the AM boards, but it's closer to the truth than I'd truly care to admit.
Time for getting internet access in the bathroom ! :)

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 02:42:02 pm »
Stray - went through something similar myself recently, of course, it came from drinking water in mexico which I know not to do, but alas, i was on an overnight and getting plastered with my fellow sky-whores.  Hope you feel better soon and as for the diet coke, it is alright, but I still prefer Diet Pepsi since I am the pepsi generation ... my parents drink diet coke, not me.

SD (whom realizes that pepsi's marketing campaign in the late 80's worked on me)
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 05:57:04 pm »

Sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having. Hopefully things are improving for you, by the day.

As far as the new Coke, haven't heard or seen any advertisements about it, in our area. Sometimes they promote these new products regionally. But generally I try to stay away from the carbonated soft drinks. Stick more with the fruit juices. If I do have the soft drinks, it is generally the diet and caffeine free ones. ( store brand name.)

Take care------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline incognito

• Look deeper... there is a heart, mind and soul
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 05:56:49 am »
hi joseph,  years ago i had a similar experience.  was under a lot of stress, work, relationship, building a house, etc.   was drinking a lot of coffee and caffiene soft drinks.  driving 2 hrs back from a location i got stomach cramps so bad i almost passed out while driving. i drove right to the hospital.  they finally diagnosed it as pre-ulcer inflamation of the stomach lining.  dr told me it could be caused by too much caffeine.  i cut it completely and recovered within a month.  something you might try and see if it helps.
If you recognize me please honor my need to be anonymous here to interact on a personal level.

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2007, 07:22:08 pm »
I had a Diet Coke *plus about a week ago.  I really couldn't notice any difference other than being a little sweeter.  It's fairly low in nutrients too.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 08:55:44 pm »
Since tomorrow is "check day," I will be buying some diet Coke.  I hope they make 12 packs of this diet Coke plus so I can try it and maybe get some benefit at the same time.

Offline JacobKell

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 09:13:39 pm »

Actually, there are a number of things wrong with soda, but diet soda in particular.

The first thing about soda is that the phosphoric acid strips calcium out of your bones and over time, can contribute to osteoporosis.

The second bad thing about diet soda is that is contains aspartame, aspartame is highly toxic by itself and breaks down into even more toxic substances at temperatures above 86 degrees Fahrenheit, just so you know, the temp in your stomach is quite a bit higher than that, one of the things produced at these temps is methyl alcohol.

Aspartame also makes you crave carbohydrates, so you'll be eating more, and thus negating the calorie savings of drinking diet pop, this might be one reason why you see a lot of morbidly obese people drinking copious amounts of diet pop and it's not doing any good at all, another reason might just be the gluttony itself though.

Now Diet Coke with Vitamins and Minerals is purile marketing BS:

1. With the negative health implications of diet soda, it makes the stuff seem a lot healthier, when it's really not.

2. It takes up more shelf space at stores, there's already like a hojillion other flavors of Diet Coke on the shelf, but this is another fot of shelf space that doesn't go to Pepsi.

Now God forbid anyone should do something good for themselves, like eat an apple, a yogurt, a salad, quit smoking, or spend a few minutes on the treadmill, no we have Diet Coke with Vitamins, will wonders never cease?

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 11:40:42 pm »
Now God forbid anyone should do something good for themselves, like eat an apple, a yogurt, a salad, quit smoking, or spend a few minutes on the treadmill, no we have Diet Coke with Vitamins, will wonders never cease?

I'm sorry...   who are you?

-joseph

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 11:54:51 pm »
I'm sorry...   who are you?

-joseph

She's just a pin-dicked troll who's been banned, darling.

Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 12:05:03 am »
She's just a pin-dicked troll who's been banned, darling.

This person has sabotaged under three or four  different names so far.  But we've managed to get her banned for now. 

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 07:13:32 am »
This person has sabotaged under three or four  different names so far.  But we've managed to get her banned for now. 

A little preachy and self-righteous... almost reminds me of Ihavehope.

Mem'ries, light the corners of my mind.....

-joseph

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 12:09:07 pm »
A little preachy and self-righteous... almost reminds me of Ihavehope.

Mem'ries, light the corners of my mind.....

-joseph

Troll or not, it was a good point.  Yes, it's all bad but why not indulge once in awhile.   :)

Offline theblueangel

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2007, 03:35:33 am »

All I know is tomorrow morning (or in a few hours, I suppose) I'm gonna pop on into my neighborhood Speedway and see if I can score me some of that Diet Coke Plus.....what does the label look like? Does it have a "+" (plus) sign on it? Cuzzin' if it does, it's cola Kismet.

The truly absurd thing is that I really *will* get a bottle if I can find one, even though I can't freaking stand Diet Coke (or any other diet soda, although of course some are, um....more sucky than others, with Diet Dr. Pepper being the least lousy of all and...I dunno, Diet Sprite being the super suckiest of the bunch). But I mean, it's freaking got PLUS in the name, so I need it inside me. Ahem.

It just now dawned on me that there very likely exists a product out there called Coke Plus, and the mere thought of such a clearly revolutionary and  superior cola causes me to thank God I'm a Merkin. (Y'know, that place George Bush is always talkin' 'bout....no, not the pubic wig kind of Merkin, you perv!)

Strayboy74, I concur w/ everybody on here who has marveled at your ability to turn your pathetic personal tragedy into this darkly hilarious yet somehow life-affirming and joyful narrative .... thank you most kindly for sharing your gray matter with us. If I can slut it up for a mo, your brain goo makes me hawtt. ;)

Oh yeah....my conscience insists that I tell you I fully intend to incorporate your phrase, "It's my latest perplexion" into my daily vocabulary - like, stat.

Spot on!

-Andrew

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2007, 02:38:46 pm »
What a nice compliment. :)  thank you. I don't know about the part where you reference my "pathetic personal tragedy"...  I mean, I don't feel all that pathetic around it, really. :)

I drank the coke plus yesterday, but it wasn't of any noteworthy mention.  In fact, it really tasted like...  ...well, Diet Coke.  Just a little sweeter...

Anyway, you write like my friend Kathy, I had to research your other posts to know for certain.  She and I write about our every woe of life to each other but usually with as much creativity and flair as we can muster.  It certainly makes our incessant bitching about life's perils so much more enjoyable.  But your turn of phrase makes me think of her. :)

-joseph

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2007, 11:47:23 pm »
Well, I bought a 12-pack of diet Coke plus yesterday at Kroger's because it was on sale.  I don't care for it much.  I think it's a little sweet for me.  I wonder if they'll take back a partially drank 12-pack! ;)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.