Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:44:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 191
Total: 191

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: French Bulldogs  (Read 7650 times)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
French Bulldogs
« on: August 13, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »
I saw about 1000 of them in Chicago and I want one.  My birthday is in September so I'll be expecting one in the mail!

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Re: French Bulldogs
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:52:50 pm »
Hey Trey,

A friend of mine has a French Bulldog and she is an incredible dog.  He's trained her without a leash and she stays right at his side.  She's black & white and has one of the sweetest dispositions I have every seen in a dog.  Her cuteness factor is off the scales and my Niko loves to play with her, so I think such a dog would make a wonderful pet for you, assuming you have the time to devote to being a dog owner.

Joe

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:37:50 am »
They have a reputation for remaining Puppy like in there behaviour through out there life's and do not do well if Left alone.

Also one off the worst things that can happen to a breed is that they become "Fashionable"  far too many breeders are not  respectfull off the health off dogs just the health off there bank balance. In the UK you have to now Search to find a French Bulldog pup that has been born without the intervention off a Cesarean procedure.

The Kennel Club has a list off conditions various breeds are prone to, check it out.So if you do buy avoid Pet Shops, look for a breeder who will show the Mother ,give good information about the health off the breed line.

Do not risk years off vet bills and encouraging the continuation off inherited conditions due to over breeding ,

Right , off the soap box now.

"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Habersham

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:49:18 am »
Chicago is a good place for French dogs as they don't do well at all in the heat.  You may want to consider where it will be residing.
Because I Can

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 10:04:44 am »
My neighbor across the street had a French Bulldog named Bella . She and I have over the fence luvin everyday about 3 PM because that's when I go to the mail box . She is there waiting for me most everyday for a little butt scratching and sweet talk , she is the cutest little thing and very sweet .     
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline darryaz

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:09:35 am »
My neighbor across the street had a French Bulldog named Bella . She and I have over the fence luvin everyday about 3 PM because that's when I go to the mail box . She is there waiting for me most everyday for a little butt scratching and sweet talk , she is the cutest little thing and very sweet .     

Do you scratch her butt or does she scratch yours?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 10:18:19 am »
I loved how Chicago had all the pit stops for pets. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:25 am »
Do you scratch her butt or does she scratch yours?

Im a French Bulldog top .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 10:57:42 am »
Oh I appreciate the concern boys but as a single man I don't actually want a dog. It's like having a kid and there's so much responsibility!  I was just teasing although I have fallen in love with the breed. When I do own a dog again it probably will be one. I love border collies but they are so high energy I couldn't keep up I'm sure.

Offline darryaz

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 11:11:57 am »
You're not kidding.  I'm dog-sitting for my parents while they're on vacation and I had forgotten how much work and responsibility has to go into it.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »
Oh I appreciate the concern boys but as a single man I don't actually want a dog. It's like having a kid and there's so much responsibility!  I was just teasing although I have fallen in love with the breed. When I do own a dog again it probably will be one. I love border collies but they are so high energy I couldn't keep up I'm sure.

Great
Now you tell us
Built up a right old head off steam , I did .
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:26 pm »
Lol I'm sorry feel free to lecture me on the responsibilities of dog ownership and making a moral decision on whom to purchase from if you like I won't mind :)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 01:28:23 pm »
I love border collies but they are so high energy I couldn't keep up I'm sure.

Even more so than a German Shepherd. 

I never realized what a high energy dog was till I got mine.   One thing I do like though is he forces me to get out of the house daily, which I definitely needed the push to do.  I walk him about 2-3 miles a day and that doesn't include his runs at play. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Habersham

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 04:12:36 pm »
Border Collies must love lesbians. I always see them together.
Because I Can

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 11:32:48 am »
Border Collies must love lesbians. I always see them together.

You've figured me out. I'm a lesbian.

Offline Habersham

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »
Perhaps I was really saying that lesbians LOVE Border Collies?
Because I Can

Offline Theyer

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 04:22:12 pm »
You've figured me out. I'm a lesbian.

That,s why you where such a Gentleman about my rant.

I get so much from my dog that I can have complete sense off humour breakdowns regarding Canine care .

After one year with a Jack Russel , I still marvel at her energy.

Mark who Shares the walking with her in London , just returned after 1hour 40 mins armed with two tennis balls,tennis racket , and said she was a bugger to get away from the other dogs to return home , tonight.

So this note has a Gentleman , Lesbian & and a bitch who is a bugger. 80,s encounter group.

Yours

Michael

Offline Theyer

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 04:24:45 pm »
Re, Lesbians and Border Collies , I think its the same in the UK .

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »

I got to meet this little darling when I was at Jeff's, I got a few good photo's of Bella too.

They are the cutest wee dogs, I think you should get one Trey. if you don't get one in the mail go and see a breeder, you won't regret it.   :)

Aroha
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 06:21:05 pm »
Re, Lesbians and Border Collies , I think its the same in the UK .

Umm excuse me, I have had Border Collies since I was a youngster, and LOVE them, Mum and Dad used to breed them, I still have my male BC Rocky, I lost my little girl Annie two weeks ago..notice my avatar, the BC stand for Border Collie.

Oh, and I'm married to a man...just saying.  :D

Aroha
Jan

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »
Umm excuse me, I have had Border Collies since I was a youngster, and LOVE them, Mum and Dad used to breed them, I still have my male BC Rocky, I lost my little girl Annie two weeks ago..notice my avatar, the BC stand for Border Collie.

Aroha
Jan

When I first started posting here I thought the BC on your name meant British Columbia. So sorry to hear about Annie Jan :(

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 06:42:23 pm »
Thanks Trey, a lot of people thought the same thing. I used to get a lot of PM's from people who lived in BC.

Aroha
Jan

Offline mitch777

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 06:48:28 pm »
Thanks Trey, a lot of people thought the same thing. I used to get a lot of PM's from people who lived in BC.

Aroha
Jan
and I thought you were a lesbian for a bit. lol. ::)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 07:22:43 pm »
 Hi Mitch

I've spent the last ten years traveling with my best mate Jen, (Jim doesn't like travelling) and most of the guys have met her, so now when I travel Jeff G always asks "are you bringing The wife"..that's when the rumour's started... ;D

Aroha
Jan :-*

Offline mitch777

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »
Hi Mitch

I've spent the last ten years traveling with my best mate Jen, (Jim doesn't like travelling) and most of the guys have met her, so now when I travel Jeff G always asks "are you bringing The wife"..that's when the rumour's started... ;D

Aroha

ahh. lol.
Jeff is always stirring up trouble. ::) :)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 07:39:10 pm »

Aroha
Jan

Jens a man ?  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mitch777

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 07:40:20 pm »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:42 am »
Two lots off my best hetero friends have border collies , its just that since Trey mentioned it , see I just returned from the Park and slighted a border collie with two close lady friends. And my friend Janet , whose self description is GBD , always had borders , I am going to talk to her about it.

Maybe its the equivalant off Gay men and West Highland Terriers . RIP miss Millie.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 08:43:38 am »
see?

He is such a trouble maker... ;D

Aroha

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.