Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:40:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 201
Total: 201

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Greetings from Japan  (Read 3547 times)

Offline DANIELtakashi

Greetings from Japan
« on: July 27, 2017, 03:38:01 pm »
I have been away for a few months.  I hope everyone is well.
During the past three months, many things have changed around me.   I don't know why but I suddenly came to realize that I still have many years ahead of me and then started acting really vigorously.  (much more rejuvenated than I thought I could be).  I bought a new computer and a tablet (ipod), travel around in Japan carrying one of these on weekends, do a lot of walking and swimming and getting reconnected with the people I have not contacted.   I have gotten back my regular working schedule (I am an interpreter/language instructor, to tell you the truth), and I work from morning till late afternoon.  I thank you, the members,  for having helped me until I have reached this stage; Jim Dublin, Wade, Tonny, Zach, Almost, Jeff, Ptkt, to name a few.   I am enjoying my life here in this big city of Tokyo.

More and more people are visiting Japan from other countries and every day I find people lost in town and help them - I enjoy hearing the different forms of the English language just living in Japan, American (Mid-west, East, South, Texas) Canadian, Australian, British, Irish, European .... I wish you all the best.   

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:52:20 pm by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Greetings from Japan
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 04:04:31 pm »
Welcome back  ;)

Really nice update Daniel and very glad to hear you are doing so well and finding time to enjoy life.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:25:10 pm »
Glad to see you posting again Daniel and good to hear you`re feeling rejuvenated :) ..i always get a good feeling when i hear my Hiv brothers and sisters are doing well.

Ride that wave Daniel !   :)
Dx`d mid July 2016
8/8/2016 - CD4 50     VL 50,000
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150
13/9/2016  VL  undetectable.
March `17 - CD4 193   VL undetectable.
March  `18 CD4 214    VL undetectable
March 2019 CD4 325  VL UD
Genvoya - Changed to Biktarvy feb 2021

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 04:40:35 pm »
You're most welcome, Daniel.  I, too, am glad to see that you are posting again and even more glad to read that you feel great and have an abundance of energy.

Welcome back!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Almost2late

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 04:48:00 pm »
Yes Sir :) that is a really nice update :D.. very inspiring Daniel.. will have to follow that example for myself.. you make me want to visit Tokyo, Japan and spend some time with one of their greatest interpreter/language instructor  ;)

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 05:17:29 pm »
Hi, Jim Dublin, Ptrk, Paintedroom, and Almost,

Thank you for your nice notes.
I am very happy to see all of you are still regular.

http://www.gotokyo.org/shared/templates/top_foreign/images/gallery_6.jpg
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:20:34 pm by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 06:56:33 pm »
ah! the best part of being HIV+ is when you realize that it is not going to kill you and you get back to living and enjoying life  ;D

It's very good to hear that you are doing so well, Daniel! ;) :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 07:46:36 pm »
Hi, leatherman Mikie,

Thank you for your message and I am sorry I did not include your name in my original message.  You have helped me an awfully lot since I first came to this forum.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My CD4 is around 400 and last time the volume was a bit higher (35) but I know it was just a blip.  I wake up after sleeping only four or five hours and my day starts at around 3 a.m.  Coffee before dawn and sometimes DIET-COKE!  Not good, I know.

And I have a question, Mikie.  I know you go to the amusement part quite often.
Is moderate sun-tanning OK?   We are in the height of summer and I am already dark/brown because I have been out a lot on weekends.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:51:12 pm by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 08:28:35 pm »
I am sorry I did not include your name in my original message.
:P   ;D   :-*

I wake up after sleeping only four or five hours and my day starts at around 3 a.m.  Coffee before dawn and sometimes DIET-COKE!  Not good, I know.
i sleep about 6 hrs a night, and get up with my hubby at 3:45. It's so sad. I'm getting up when I used to go to bed. I bet I've lost my computer-nerd standing. :( LOL

DIET-COKE!
ugh!  :P that's not even "real" Coke.

I drink more than 2-liters of Coke a day ... and have for probably 35 years! For years, I told my doctors it was nicotine and caffeine that kept the AIDS from killing me. I gave up the smokes about 9 years ago, so it's just the Coke, as it's always done for me, holding the aids at bay. ROFL Don't let anyone tell you Coke is bad for you. LOL

And I have a question, Mikie.  I know you go to the amusement part quite often.
Is moderate sun-tanning OK?   We are in the height of summer and I am already dark/brown because I have been out a lot on weekends.
uh oh. another topic that I'm probably not the best person to ask about.  ::)  ;D

Besides the amusement park, I have an 18ft X 4ft pool set up in my backyard - so I get LOTS of sun! I spent a number of years in the past beet-red in the sunshine because of the Bactrim; but these days it's definitely a tan - and it's getting darker every day.  8) All the people who feel they should warn me about the "evils" of sunshine have at least convinced me to finally start using sunscreen this year.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 10:18:24 pm »

ojo         HOLA AMIGO DANIEL...IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU...I THINK THAT YOU HAVE GOTTEN TO THE POINT OF WHAT I CALL, "LEARNING HOW TO LIVE WITH THE VIRUS". yOU HAVE REALIZED THAT YOU CAN STILL LIVE A FULL AND HAPPY LIFE, EVEN, LIVING WITH HIV...YOU HAVE LEFT THOSE DARKEST DAYS BEHIND AND FOUND THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, GOOD FOR YOU...IT REALLY MAKES ME VERY HAPPY TO READ HOW WELL YOU ARE DOING, I STILL REMEMBER YOUR FIRST POST, YOU WERE FEARFUL, SCARED AND NOW, HAPPY AND ENJOYING LIFE (INVITE ME, LOL)...AGAIN, I'M VERY HAPPY FOR YOU, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, REMEMBER, TO DEFEAT HIV YOU NEED DISCIPLINE BY TAKING YOUR MED, AND, A GOOD ATTITUDE, WE CAN NOT CHANGE THE PAST, BUT WE CAN DO CHANGE THE PRESENT FOR A BETTER FUTURE...JUST A THOUGHT....HUGS AMIGO   

Offline zach

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 01:04:41 am »
much love daniel

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2017, 08:13:33 am »
leatherman Mikie,

Thank you very much for your advice.
I am already dark with lots of sunshine. 

Diet-Cola is called Coca-Cola Light in Japan.
And Diet-Pepsi is called Pepsi-Nex.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2017, 08:16:21 am »

TONNY2,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR NICE WORDS.
YOU ARE A KIND PERSON AND I HIGHLY VALUE OUR FRIENDSHIP ALTHOUGH IT IS LIMITED ONLY TO THE ONLINE.
PLEASE TAKE CARE.
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2017, 08:18:04 am »
Zach,

WOW. I am very happy to be in touch with you again.
One of my good friends here in Tokyo is from Atlanta and tomorrow we are going to have a hotdog party.
Please stay well.
Japanese National.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2017, 09:00:24 am »
Daniel ....!!!

I don't know how I missed your thread but I did... ::)
You have come a long way since you came to these boards and I am really happy to hear you are doing so well. I was thinking about you the other day, little did I know you posted such a great update.

Drink from the big cup every chance you get, and please pop in and say hello when you have time.

XOXO  Wade

HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 02:56:19 pm »
Wade,

Thank you very much for your reply to my posting and also for all your thoughts and support.   It has taken a long time until I have gotten to this stage but as Leatherman Mikie suggests above, one good thing about having this disease is starting a new life with new hope.  Now I wish a day had 30 hours - there are too many things I want to do, making up for the loss of the time when I was quite a recluse

It is still 4 a.m. in Japan but my day has already started. 
Lots of coffee while most people are still sleeping.  And every night, I sleep like a log.

I am now making a new list of American colloquialism, so any new information of words and expressions is always welcome, good and bad!!!!  I will use my filter so that any stranger I meet in town will not slap me on the cheek.

Thank you.
Japanese National.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.