Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:13:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773277
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 292
Total: 293

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: To my friends in the USA  (Read 2828 times)

Offline DANIELtakashi

To my friends in the USA
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:58:23 am »
Personally l was hoping that Hillary Clinton would win but the result was the opposite.
Each person has a different idea and l will stay away from the discussions about who is right and who is wrong.   Now l respect the choice that the nation has made.    I feel thankful that Japan has enjoyed the good relations with the US as an allied nation for the past seven decades.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: To my friends in the USA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:04:55 am »
Daniel,

I have to say that this is a very Nice and polite note towards our American members. Perhaps the most grown-up reaction all day.

Far better than my reaction this morning that included:

:o WTF have you lot gone and done now! - As I was spitting out my morning cup of tea.   

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:17:02 am »
Beware the distinction between politeness and deference.
Dx`d mid July 2016
8/8/2016 - CD4 50     VL 50,000
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150
13/9/2016  VL  undetectable.
March `17 - CD4 193   VL undetectable.
March  `18 CD4 214    VL undetectable
March 2019 CD4 325  VL UD
Genvoya - Changed to Biktarvy feb 2021

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 12:40:24 pm »
Here at my uni in Europe, my muslim students are shocked and concerned.

By the way, Muslims have been the only identity group, of all the kinds of groups one could imagine, that has spoken to me about American politics consistently over the last months.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline LukasAtlPZ

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:57 pm »
I fear this is but a first step down a dark path to a dark place.

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
Dx`d mid July 2016
8/8/2016 - CD4 50     VL 50,000
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150
13/9/2016  VL  undetectable.
March `17 - CD4 193   VL undetectable.
March  `18 CD4 214    VL undetectable
March 2019 CD4 325  VL UD
Genvoya - Changed to Biktarvy feb 2021

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:25:13 pm »
Stunned of course last night... Trembling.  This morning I found myself thinking we and activists and others will stand together and fight for what we know is right and needed.  Tough and no easy path, but we are together and not alone.

Hugs to all.

Andy
Andy Velez

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 08:34:45 pm »
Daniel,

I have to say that this is a very Nice and polite note towards our American members. Perhaps the most grown-up reaction all day.

Far better than my reaction this morning that included:

:o WTF have you lot gone and done now! - As I was spitting out my morning cup of tea.   

Jim

I'm still choking on my coffee over it. Total effin nightmare.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.