Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:17:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772964
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 197
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Email addresses are very visable now!  (Read 5980 times)

jerry

Email addresses are very visable now!
« on: May 31, 2006, 10:57:22 pm »
To show or not to show your email address?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Email addresses are very visable now!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 06:33:25 am »
Well, I've decided to show the email address Peter gave me not long after we got the new forum into the testing phase. I only use it for forum related stuff anyway, but if I start getting loads of spam or weird stuff I'll probably take it back down.

I would suggest to anyone who wants to have an email address showing, to create one specially for use in connection with the forum, using yahoo or one of the other rather generic programs. This way, you won't be getting emails clogging up your regular email account.

You can change your email address in the Account Related Settings section of your profile - it doesn't have to be the one you signed up with, but it must still be a working address. That is also the place to go if you want to hide or un-hide your address.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 06:44:14 am »
I'm using a disposable email account vidblog@gmail.com for exactly that reason.   Should it ever been spam attacked, I'll just change it :)

Offline CApronda

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 07:15:46 pm »
I'm A Newbie To This Forum Please Be Gentle
I have been going through the Posts trying to determine which one I should be posting this question in without going off topic?

I have received 5 emails in the POZ Personals to my delight however when I have reviewed the Membership Listing none of these people appear anywhere. 

How is this possible particularly I am concerned that is it probable that information which I have shared on this site could be compromised or am I being too sketchy.

This is my first attempt at reaching out to feel secure within a Group and I have been living with my Diagnosis for 6 years now.

Thank you
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:54:29 pm by CApronda »
And You Begin To Accept Your Defeats, With Your Head Up And Your Eyes Open,
           With A Grace Of A Woman, Not The Grief Of A Child

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 08:13:02 pm »
Hi CApronda....

Welcome to our 'forum' family....we are an eccentric bunch, but full of wonderful support, encouragement, and a wealth of information.

Our 'Moderators' take spamming very seriously here, and will take every precaution to protect our privacy.

I have been a member since last September, and have experienced tremendous inspiration, for the most part, the entire time. If I've read your screen-name correctly, I, too, am residing in California...up north, in the foothills.

BTW, I really like your avatar...it's intriquing!

All my best,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 08:16:18 pm »
Welcome CA,
I cannot tell you whether your information has been given out without your permission, but I wanted to say that I read your attempt, and would encourage you to let us meet you.
My real name is Lisa, and I live in North Carolina.
I have been positive for a few years now.
I would like to add, that I have fallen head-over-heels in love with the people here. I hope you do too.
                                           ;D
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 08:41:35 pm »
I like your avatar too!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 09:21:56 am »
CApronda, welcome to the forums.

The POZ personals are a seperate thing to the AIDSmeds forums. Up until recently, POZ.com and AIDSmeds.com were two totally seperate entities - there was a merger a few months back.

The fact that the personals and the forums are different things is why you cannot find people who belong to the POZ personals in the AIDSmeds forums database, although some people are members of both facilities.

But anyway, I hope you decide to stick around and be a member of the forums! Feel free to start a new thread in the Living forum to say hello and introduce yourself and be sure to read the Welcome thread at the top of the Living page so you can find out what all this site has to offer.

Welcome to the family!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline CApronda

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 10:47:09 pm »
THANK YOU .... I LIKE YOUR PICTURE TOO !

Offline CApronda

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:35:30 pm »
Welcome CA,
I cannot tell you whether your information has been given out without your permission, but I wanted to say that I read your attempt, and would encourage you to let us meet you.
My real name is Lisa, and I live in North Carolina.
I have been positive for a few years now.
I would like to add, that I have fallen head-over-heels in love with the people here. I hope you do too.
                                           ;D

Thank You Lisa ... I Live In Calgary Alberta CANADA   I would agree with your feelings about the people here in POZ.  I think that it is a very contagious sharing and open dialogued Forum which captures each individuals emotions and thoughts as they post.

My life experiences allow me to understand most perspectives other than those Members whose successful longevity Living With exceeds my 6 years.  Those individuals give me hope for the future. 

I might add that when I posted in "Where Do You Live" Forum I thought about it after and should have posted I Live in this World on the Planet Earth.  We are all the same people but are AFFECTED BY and LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS

I Hate Any Usage Of the word INFECTED (meaning Impure ~ Dirty ~ Contaminated ~ Tainted ~ Unhygienic ~ Polluted ~ Grimy)  None of this meanings related to any of us.

However I associate with the word AFFECTED (meaning Influence ~ Involved ~ Shape ~ Concern ~ Impinge ~ Encroach ~ Impact ~ Bearing)

Unfortunately most interpretations by outsiders relate to the word INFECTED which makes our case hold stigma and hostility and lack of support.

Offline CApronda

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 12:48:27 am »
Hi CApronda....

Welcome to our 'forum' family....we are an eccentric bunch, but full of wonderful support, encouragement, and a wealth of information.

Our 'Moderators' take spamming very seriously here, and will take every precaution to protect our privacy.

I have been a member since last September, and have experienced tremendous inspiration, for the most part, the entire time. If I've read your screen-name correctly, I, too, am residing in California...up north, in the foothills.

BTW, I really like your avatar...it's intriquing!

All my best,

Zephyr

Thank You ~~ for your encouraging thoughts.  Yes I can see that the Members here hold deep routed emotional and spiritual connections.  Many have journeyed beyond unimaginable hurtles and crossed impassable lines to achieve their place of distinction where their views are sanctioned.  Unfortunately I feel that as with many experienced people in any walk of life sometimes trivialize or negate those without experience. 

I was called in to my youngest son's high school to resolve a problem with his class behaviour ~  he was disruptive in class.  Asking the teacher to clarify this I was told that "he asks too many questions"  My response" No Question Is Too Many If It Needs To Be Asked It Requires An Answer".

We are a tight knitted covenant relying on the expertise and leadership of our Veterans.  We need your input to resolve our Newbie conflicts and mould our mindset for enlightenment.   I believe that we have been given this opportunity as pioneers in eradicating this disease which holds a key to unlock the mystery and cure to potentially many other viruses.  For Every Action There Has To Be An Equal And Opposite Reaction

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.