Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 392
Total: 392

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HI Andy,Ann and Tim.. Long time .  (Read 10873 times)

Offline oldfriend48

HI Andy,Ann and Tim.. Long time .
« on: March 31, 2010, 06:59:36 pm »
HI Andy and Ann,

Any feed back from the people here would be good also..

I was here about 7 years ago and you guys helped me ... I kinda know how it works but wanted to run this by you and others. Reading your replies i kinda have a feeling what your responce will be.  So here we go.  I'm a married male and about 4 weeks weeks ago I met a male and went to his house and we had oral sex.  Learning alot from you guys last time I knew that you use condoms for intercourse and oral is low risk.  With males I'm only into oral no anal sex. I just lost my mom and have been under a good amount of stress and grief.  This is what happened. I went down on the guy for a good amount of time we took turns on each other. Everything was good and he didnt cum in my mouth and i didnt come in his. I try to play as safe as I can. Why im here is when I walked out of his house I felt like something was on my cheek in my mouth. I looked in mirror in my car and started to freakout.. I have a scab or herpe not sure and I said OMG I didnt have that when I walked in. I did go down on him and had him in my mouth a while but not rough but a lot of swiching and swaching.. I do have oral herpes but I swear that wasnt in my mouth when I walked in his house i would have felt it at least i didnt feel a scab or herpe or i wouldnt have met him.  Anyway,  i was stunned and started to get pissed and upset with myself. I peeled the scab back and unpeeled the skin and it was a fresh opening but no blood just looked like skin peeled back. I did this after the fact while i was in my car. I don't know if it was a herpe or scab or canker sore. I didnt have him cum in my mouth but i had to be exposed to pre cum. I read in Sanfranaids that there have been a very few cases where oral was the cause of a handful of infections(not sure if thats correct since other studies showed no infections with hiv poz with non hiv with no infections preforming oral) but its very minimal risk it also stated that its was from ejaculation, NOT pre cum or vaginal fluilds. I felt better at that point but with the passing of my mom my mind started to work on me. I am calm but slightly a little nervous. I am married and my wife knows i had have oral in the past with guys . I went behind her back due to I wasnt sure if we even going to remain married , it wasnt good a good time for us. So, now shes back and i dont want to let the cat out of the bag because things could go bad and i have enough on my plate at this time. Ive learned a lot here and trust you guys due to you've been studying HIV since it started and know a lot about it.  I didnt go to CDC because they are a gov agency and like to scare the crap out of anyone in fear of them gettiing sued. So, id like your honest answer which i know you will only give. I did have intercourse with my wife since . I do get tested once a year but havent in 9 months but will in 6 weeks.  I know its low risk but with that scab or could have been herpe in mouth I need your advice. I did also tell him about herpees and he gets them also so i did disclose. He stated he's hiv neg  but whos knows , most dont test. I didnt swallow just worried a little about precum and scab or what ever it was. From what I read from your responces it looks like your view is oral isnt a real way of getting HIV. Just needed some good advice from the dedicated people here.

Oldfriend from US
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 07:58:45 pm by oldfriend48 »

Offline oldfriend48

Re: HI Andy,Ann and Tim.. Long time
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:03:04 pm »
I ment to say he said he's HIV Neg -..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: HI Andy,Ann and Tim.. Long time .
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:31:13 pm »
Dear Friend,

Giving oral is only theoretically risky. Reports of transmission in that manner never seem to hold up under careful scrutiny. Your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

I suspect that simply for your peace of mind you may want to get tested. You can do that initially at 6 weeks. Assuming you get the negative result that I expect you can re-test if you want to at 13 weeks. I am only suggesting testing for peace of mind and not because I think you really had a risk, even allowing for your herpes.

Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:51:50 am »
Thanks Andy.. I figure if its that easy to get Hiv everyone would have it.. I will test at 6 weeks and at 13 weeks for peace of mind. I havent been able to find 1 finding where anyone got it by pre cum and oral either..

Thanks again..

P

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 08:46:30 am »
HI Ann   :P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:58:39 am »
You're welcome, P. And I do recommend that you stop searching the net to fuel your worst fears, all to no good purpose.

You weren't at risk. Period. Your negative results are a slam dunk if you decide to test. And yes, I do understand your need to have the relief of those negative results.

Cheers. 
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 09:11:36 am »

Thanks Andy.. Thanks for your support as always. Learning so much here last time I get it. After the shock of my mom passing my head went into a tailspin. Again, thanks for your support..

That made me feel better..lol

P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 09:24:48 am »
Glad that helped. The loss of a loved one often ticks off feelings and impulses. It's just part of the deal and this is not an easy life, which you probably noticed before today.

Keep breathing.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 04:52:24 pm »
Hi ,

I'm about 10 days out from 6 weeks and between everything in trying to hang in there. I know you said slam dunk on being neg but my mind sometimes thinks your being kind ,due to my grief from my loss. Your a professinal and im sure thats just in my mind and you really it due to that its science.. Anyway it seems like they may have closed the clinic a few towns over due to State Funding and I want to go for the Rapid blood test. Is there such thing as annoymous testing? My spelling sucks.. I sometimes feel go for 5 week then 6 week and thats it. Have so much on my plate .. Or maybe just hang in there for 6 weeks. One place says bring Ins card if i have to i can go there but was wondering in new jersey if there is such a place without giving ins card.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:26:15 pm by oldfriend48 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 05:00:26 pm »
Call any AIDS service organization in New Jersey and they will tell you where to get tested.

Fortunately fears aren't facts so yes, I still expect you to test negative.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 05:07:28 pm »

Thanks Andy.. Hope to God your right!!

Thanks P

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 05:34:43 pm »
Sorry Andy, Im just stressing.. In a few posts before you said I didnt have a risk... Its a slam dunk..  I guess im worrying for nothing.. I feel like im becoming a pest .. sorry..  Ill stick with what you said and bank on that.. Like you always say just wear condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse and you wont have to worry about hiv. :)

Thanks again,,
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 06:21:14 pm by oldfriend48 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 06:03:29 pm »
Nothing to add to what Andy has already said. You never had an exposure. 

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 06:05:30 pm »
Thanks Rapid!!  I read into things sometimes too much which isnt good for me and my health.  I think you guys do a great job and for some reason I still think Andy in the back of his mind wants me to test to be double sure. Its just me and my mind..

Thanks again!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:09:14 pm by oldfriend48 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:53:29 pm »
Yes, it  IS just you and your mind. If you re-read what I have said to you previously it was that you didn't have a risk, you don't need to test.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:50 am »

Thanks Andy and rapid!!!

P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 08:22:36 am »
You're welcome. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 10:42:59 am »
HI Andy,Rapid and who knows where Ann is..lol

I just went for my 6 week test to the date. Guess what.. It came up Neg.. I was so scared i thought i was going to passout. i even callled the lady back to make sure she ran the test long enough which she she of course she did. Your probally saying I told you so.. The lady at the clinic was a little out dated but I educated her a little about what I learned here . She did say most do test Poz 3 weeks and a 6 weeks is pretty much looks excelent but they go by 6 mnths and i told her way outdated. She did say i was a little risk but Most are from unprotected anal and vaginal and needle users. I told her i was very happy with results and im moving on she said its up to me and she thinks im ok also but if i want i can test again. I feel since you are the experts im proballly moving on with this and going to grive my lost and get this crap off my mind. Hope u feel the same way since u said a few times i didnt need to test.(just let me know if u think thats ok) I can't thank you enough, id come back here and replay what you and Rapid said about no risk .. It really calmed me down a lot I also read a interesting colum that Tim wrote about you'd have a better chance getting hit with a rock from out in space then getting it by giving oral. Im bringing these things up to thank all of you and it really helped me. I do have ocd or my doctor would say I worry way too much about things. Once my mom passed my emotions and mind have been worn.  Having been here before im so glad i came back and got reducated . The lady at the clinic was super nice but she couldnt hold a candle to you guys to be honest. The things she said where a risk where unbelievable. Thank God I came back here and there people at these clinic should really be educated on this stuff. Im serious.. 
Thanks P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 10:46:17 am »
You're welcome, P. Enjoy that result and move on with your life.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 10:50:49 am »

I'm Moving on!!!  Thank You and Rapid!!!  You guys are the Best!!  I'm getting my crap together and rejoining the crazy human race..lol  NO more testing thank god!!!!!!

FYI to the people coming here for advice your not going to get any better than here. I mean that!!

Love u all!!

P
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:53:09 am by oldfriend48 »

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 02:53:08 pm »
HI Andy ,Rapid , others.

My OCD kicked in and i am now on Zoloft to calm my OCD and nerves.  I did try to move on in my life but I needed a doctors care due to my OCD came back with revenge. Im doing better. I did tell my wife what was going on I couldnt carry it on my back any longer either.  As you know I went for 6 week test then my wife wanted me to go with her and get tested that was at 7 weeks 3 days and that test was neg. What happened on 9 weeks 3 days I got a ear ache then made a appointment with doctor she said my ears are fine and checked my glands I thought they felt swollen. After that ate a cuban sandwich and I got very sick , I wasnt sure If i was sercoventing or what. I felt my body was so sick and felt like a fever. So the next day I went for a 9 week 4 day which is 91/2 weeks and neg.
I have 2 questions even though i feel at this point im really fine and shsould have moved on like you said way back. Stupid me!
Questions
1. Could i have serocovented so late? I dont think so but im asking.
2. 91/2 week neg test have you ever heard of smeone coming back Poz in week 12 or 13?

The last test really got me back to life again and thinking at this point im fine.. By the way the lady at the clinic also said that I should relax you dont get it that way. She said If I had a fresh open wound in mouth and had a mouthfull of ejaculate that would be a risk at all.  Also Id like to Thank you again while I was waiting in room for results a lot of anxiety was going through me and what saved me was your words saying Move on with your life and I was saying Andy cant be wrong.  knowledge is the Key and u have it.
If you can be kind and answer my 2 questions. I also probally will go for a 12 week or 13 week last test due to i have a huge test for my job week 13 .  I really at this point feel im ok!!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:48:45 pm by oldfriend48 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 03:16:03 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 03:28:28 pm »
HI Rapid,

I thank you for your support, if Andy would be kind enough to answer i wont be back until my final neg 3 month test.  I can't thank you guys enough for what you do for us worry nuts..lol  I know I should have listen to you and Andy from the beggining..  I havent been a pest either , and again thank you for your support.  You were there last time for me.. Thanks

P

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 04:36:07 pm »
P,

Cut the drama. Your results are NOT going to change.

And don't even think of coming back here to wring your hands again before your last test. A test you don't need, I might point out. If you do come back to do anything other than report your inevitable negative result, you'll find yourself with a time out.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 04:48:03 pm »
Ann,

Thanks for your support.. U also helped me out last time. Im glad your doing well!!! You dont remember me probally but we had some very good chats on kids and stuff.  By the way im glad you responded ..TY  And believe me i mean that im not trying to be a wiseass because thats not me. I understand where you and Rapid are coming from and do apperciate you saying no risk which i feel is correct now also. I was just asking Andy a few questions. I dont think ive been coming here that much driving anyone crazy except myself.

Thanks again. :)

P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:10:58 pm by oldfriend48 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 05:56:32 pm »
I have nothing to add to what Ann and Rod have told you. You are creating drama totally unnecessarily. Go ahead and get tested if you want to collect the inevitable negative result.

If you come back before taking your test you're going to get a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 06:02:44 pm »

Thanks Andy,Ann and Rapidrod.

P

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 02:55:41 pm »
Hi Andy,Rapid and Ann,

Id like to thank all of you for your support!! I went for my 13 week test today and it came up Neg.. Andy your a gem and I should have listened to you many weeks ago but your words did help along the way along with Rapid. Thanks Ann for coming in near the end and helping me also. All of your words helped me get through the waiting period.  In the waiting period the stress and what it can do to your body is really unbelievable. Im feeling very happy today and relieved.  I need to relax and get on with my life which im going to do.

Thanks Again!!

P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »
That's a happy if not unexpected result. Enjoy it and make sure you are consistently using condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. Do that and you won't have any problems with the sexual transmission of HIV.

And apply that knowledge to ongoing experiences so that you don't come scooting back again all worried without cause.

Time to get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline oldfriend48

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 04:28:38 pm »

U Bet! :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.