Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 346
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Could i be infected, have symptoms  (Read 10683 times)

Offline josenav

Could i be infected, have symptoms
« on: December 07, 2006, 01:25:54 pm »
On November 22 i had sex with a sex worker, i did used a comdom, and didnt broke. After i ejaculated, the sex worker took the condom out, then with some toilet paper she cleaned her vagina and with the same paper cleaned my penis at the open of the penis, i dont know if it was with the clean side or the side that had the fluids. By the way im uncircumciced. By the third day(nov/25/06) i started to feel a sore throat, and dhiarrea(this diarrhea just lasted like a half day, then after that is, after this i cant poo really well). The sore throat then turned into a flu, at the sixth day(nov/27/06) i had fever that went away in the night and the next day was like a flu but more intense, the night of nov/28/06 i had a burning sensation on my chest like on the heart, and felt really bad like if it was my blood pressure, i wanst able to sleep neither be lay down, i had to be on my feet or sit down to feel a relief. On nov/29/06 i feelt with a little fever, little flu, and feel tired and sleepy.

On Dec/1/06 i had my first night sweat, and ive been sweating a lot(cold sweat) since then mostly on the day and mostly on my forefront. My body feels really cold from that, mostly my forefront.
My mouth has been really dry, my tongue is really white, hairy and with ulcers.
I havent been able to sleep since Nov/08/06 cuz i cant breath well, it feels like a heart related issue, ive been having high blood pressure since Nov/08/06.

On Dec/04/06 my left hand fall asleep(got numb) it was like at 6:00pm and lasted like 2 hours like that
Also noticed my testicles are swollen, and lost sensation on my penis shaft

On Dec/06/06 my tongue was whiter, and feelt a burning sensation, it came from nothing, i washed my teeth and tongue in the night and used listerine, this kinda helped, but after some minutes the burning sensation came again. Also my throat felt like sore, and dry.

Today in the morning i felt better from my tongue the pain is now like a 15% than how it was, also my throat feels better, just dry. And been having headaches, and bodyaches(similar pain than when there is fever)
Ive been with lots of anxiety, depressed, and stressed cuz every symptom keeps appearing.

What do you think??

Thanks for your attention and support!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 06:10:41 pm by josenav »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Could i be infected, have symptoms(pictures included)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:28:27 pm »
What ever your problems are, they are unrelated to HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 03:00:14 pm »
Jose,

I've removed the photos from your post. We cannot diagnose you over the internet. Nobody can. Therefore, there is no point having your photos in this thread.

Symptoms, or even the lack of symptoms, mean nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Only testing will reliably reveal your hiv status.

Nothing you describe is a risk for hiv infection. Condoms have been proven to be effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. No hiv risk.

Her using the same tissue to wipe herself and you is also not a risk. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus. Its outer membrane is very sensitive to minute changes in moisture content, pH levels and temperature. Its favoured environment is INSIDE the human body and once it is outside this environment, it quickly becomes damaged and unable to infect. To infect, it must actually latch on to specific types of cells in the body. In order for it to be able to latch on to these cells, not only must it bump into these specific cells by chance, but its outer membrane must also be intact and in good condition.

This is why hiv is primarily transmitted inside the body during unprotected intercourse, or when the fresh virus is injected directly into a vein when injecting equipment is shared between users of street drugs.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

While you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline josenav

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 04:28:04 pm »
Thanks a lot for your replys! 
Sorry for the pictures also,
So from what you are telling me it was imposible to receive the virus, this is how it happen, she cleaned her vagina with some toilet paper, then after 2 seconds with the same paper she cleaned my penis(at its hole from where semen goes out) lets think it was with the fluids side, so this would be no risk? assuming im uncircumciced.   

What makes more affraid is the cold sweat and some night sweats,  my headaches, bodyaches(hoping this is cuz of the stress, depression) and the tongue, wich has never been like this before.

Could it be that the loss of sensation on my penis shaft, be related to some other STD??

Thanks a lot for your Answers!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 05:06:08 pm »
jose,

Hiv does not make the penis lose sensation. If you're worried about other STIs, go get a complete sexaul health care check up.

I understood what you meant the first time I read about the tissue. This isn't a risk. Frottage is also not a risk and frottage is rubbing the genetals together without penetration. If actually rubbing your genitals together is not a risk, then rubbing her genitals with a tissue then rubbing yours with the same tissue is also not a risk.

Go read my first post to you again and apply what you learn to your situation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline josenav

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 05:25:27 pm »
 :D Thanks a lot Ann!!! ill do take tests for STD, and Hiv that's for sure!!!

You are an Angel :-*, thanks for answering my question!!! that frottage kinda thing never came to my mind!!! and you are right its almost the same!!!

Ill keep you updated with test results!!!!   

Thanks a lot!!!

Greetings from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 05:28:51 pm by josenav »

Offline josenav

Just a few more questions
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 07:39:41 pm »
Hi, sorry for asking a lot!  :(

Just a few more.

n my case, my penis was cleaned at the hole of it, and had semen on it(that's why it was cleaned)  if the virus got in touch with my semen, could the virus swim thru the semen to get inside?

I'm uncircumcised, could this be another reason to be worried?  because ive read that there is a bigger chance to get infected if you are uncircumcised cuz it stays on the foreskin.

Have somebody experienced cold sweating??? its driving me nuts!

Thanks a lot for your help and answers!!!!  :)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:44:02 pm »
HIV does not swim. You might be acceptable if you had unprotected sex from exposure on the underside of your foreskin not the outer side.

Offline josenav

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 07:50:25 pm »
Thanks RapidRod, just one more question!!
to get to the hole on my penis(where i was cleaned) the liquids should have gone to the almost insides of my foreskin, is this risky?

maybe im being crazy with this!!

What could be causing cold sweats!!!

Can i take this out of my head and be worryfree??

Thanks a lot!!!! RapidRod

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 08:00:20 pm »
Nothing you did posed a risk. You need to talk with your doctor because this is unrelated to HIV.
PS. you can pop the pimple on your chest whenever you want.

Offline josenav

Thanks RapidRod
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 08:42:39 pm »
:D  OK!! ill pop it  hahahaha thanks a lot RapidRod and Ann you have been really good with me thanks for your time and answers!

Ill be going with a doctor to get something to calm down my nerves, and also check my cold sweat cuz I'm freaking out with it!

My skin on my forefront, back, neck n shoulders feels like a burning sensation, but i have lots of cold sweat at the same time, so it feels really bad and strange.   :-\

Ill try to keep calm from now on!

Thanks a lot!!!

Ill keep you updated if something else comes!!

Offline josenav

1st test
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 12:00:27 am »
Hi, have something new to tell you, my girlfriend found out about my situation, she had my email password, and read it.
She has been really really supportive with me!!
She even took me to a test last Dec/08(16 days after the incident) wich i got today(Dec/11) and was negative. 

Today in the morning i started having pain on the right side of my neck, and feels kinda tired, and swollen  ??? and can feel something that's maybe a swollen lymph node  :-\

Thanks a lot for your supponrt and attention!

Ill keep you updated!

Offline josenav

Been feelling bad
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 10:22:35 am »
Hi, ive been feelling fatigue, and lots of bodyaches that not even pills(aspirin, tylenol) can take away, cold sweats and night sweats seem to be fading away, they are less everyday.
But this pains are bigger everyday.
i feel like a combination of how you feel after lots of excercise and the kind of pain while having fever.

:-\  what do you think?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Could i be infected, have symptoms
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 10:26:50 am »
What do you want me to think? We know it has nothing to do with hiv. So if you feel poorly, see a doctor.

Offline josenav

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 08:58:09 pm »
Hi, i made a word mistake, i said that i lost sensation on the penis shaft, but what i mean was in the penis glans.(sorry for the mistake)
Today I'm having pain and burning sensation on the glans(on the tip), and also a red spot on it(is in the glans but not in the tip, near it).  Also my foreskin is stick to the glans, i had to use more pulling strength to pull it out.
Do this sounds like an STD?

The bodyaches, seem to be fading away too, yesterday, i had pain on my ears. But today they are less.

thanks a lot for your attention.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 09:01:19 pm by josenav »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 09:16:04 pm »
jose,

It is impossible for us to tell you what is wrong with your penis. If you are concerned about it, you'll have to go see a doctor.

This is an hiv website and you did not have a risk for hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline josenav

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 10:43:17 pm »
Hi, have one more question.
Just to add something, my girlfriend was diagnosed with Hpv like in march 06.  I'm the only one she has been with, so that means she got it from me(Ive had others encounters before with other women that's why i think she got it from me).  I haven't tested for Hpv yet.
Also ive been having from long ago the urethra entrance on my penis sore.(has been like that from long ago maybe is normal on me)

???  Could having Hpv, make my situation riskier? meaning that hiv infection could happen easier. (i have no symptoms or visible signs of Hpv but something weird on the head of the penis, but no on the tip, dont know if this is related to it.)
 ??? 

Ive been having body aches, ear aches, and some fever on and off.
Today i feel the symptoms of fever but no cough, no sneezing, just pain in  the body, headache, fever, and general disconfort.

:P Also forgot to mention that some days after the encounter(Nov/29/06) i went to the Doctor to check my sore throat, and the Doctor told that it was a viral infection and it also got to the ears.  Doctor told that it has to go away by its own, and couldn't give me antibiotics.
Till this date i still have little sore throat and pain in the ears(infection kinda pain).

I'm near sixth week, ill be testing and keep you updated.

Thanks a lot for our attention! and sorry for all the questions.

Thanks a lot for your attention

« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 11:09:11 pm by josenav »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 06:12:47 am »
jose,

HPV in your case does not increase the risk in your no risk incident. You used a condom and condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. Forget about the tissue thing, that was not in any way, shape or form a risk for hiv infection.

Go see your doctor about your physical concerns. They've got nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline josenav

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 10:27:42 pm »
 :( Sorry to be bothering again, but today i found a swollen lymph node on the supraclavicular zone.  Exactly on the right side, it feels really stiff.

just trying to get some encouragement, i was feeling fine! and almost forgetting this topic, when i felt this lymph node and started to feel bad again(sad)
Could it be that after the symptoms(ars) now the virus got into my lymph nodes and is attacking???

My mind keeps telling me that i wasn't at risk, but my body says the opposite.  :-\

Thank for your attention, support, and time!!!!!

Hope no to bother a lot!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 04:41:27 am »
You didn't have a risk and you should really keep your fingers off your lymph nodes or they will get irritated and stay swollen.

Offline josenav

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 11:03:56 am »
Hi RapidRod! Thanks a lot for your attention and time!!    I know i wasn't at risk, because of your answers and guidance!

The funny thing is that i wan st bothering my lymph nodes, i felt it cuz that zone felt weird and stiff, that's when i noticed the lymph node.
I'm feeling fine since the last response from Ann, but since yesterday that i found this lymph node, my mind is going crazy.

This has been a really rought time, that i been able to go through thanks to you RapidRod and Ann!! thanks a lot for your time, attention, and everything you have done for all of us!

Offline josenav

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 04:35:48 pm »
Is it normal to feel palpitations, pain, and stiffness near the area of the swollen lymph node?
Also im having some trouble moving my head cuz it hurts.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 04:47:19 pm »
Symptoms, symptoms and more symptoms. It doesn't matter what you come up with. The bottom line is the same. You weren't at risk for HIV. You need to discuss your physical concerns with your doctor.

No one can diagnose them here.

This is not an HIV situation Period.  End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline josenav

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 04:10:53 pm »
Hi! sorry i have one more question.

I saw this posted from Andy Velez.

The urethra of the penis or foreskin if you're not circumcised offer a receptive means of access for HIV.

In my case, I'm not circumcised, the fact that the contact was outside the body makes the virus unable to infect.   
So even if the virus goes to directly to the foreskin, i wouldn't been able to infect, because it was outside the body just for 1 or 2 seconds?.

Thanks a lot!! Ann, RapidRod, Andy Velez!!!!

Your time and attention is really appreciated.   Sorry for asking a lot.

Offline josenav

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 04:41:22 pm »
Hi!
Just to let you know, that I'm testing today at 7:15pm. Im at day 54 after possible exposure.
Wish me luck!!  :)

My brain has been playing with my body and been having lots of symptoms and weird stuff happening to me, right now I'm with the swollen lymph node, and some others nodes with a strange feeling(not pain, but similar). Also some kind of pain on my chest that doesn't let me breath well and makes me cough(fells like some respiratory issue), been feeling tiredness, dizziness.

Maybe my mind is creating all of this stuff, if i had read that one symptom is start flying like superman, i would have already been flying.

Ill keep you updated tomorrow when i receive my results!

Thanks  a lot for your attention and time!!!!! Ann, RapidRod, Andy Velez!!!

Edited:

Hi, i  came back from the lab, they took my blood, and tomorrow like at 6:30pm ill be there to receive the results, ill keep you posted tomorrow!!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:10:09 pm by josenav »

Offline josenav

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 05:54:33 pm »
 :)  Hi!
The test came back Negative.
As you always spected!
Can i stay on the forum just for a little while, because my mind is like at 90% now, would like to take another test later, even knowing i don't need it, and want to be reading the forum.

I'm here for what ever you need!! or anything i can do for you just send a PM. Ill be constantly checking the forum.

Thanks a lot Ann, RapidRod, Andy Velez! for your attention and time!!! You make a wonderful job in this forum!! God bless you all.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.