Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:13:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772961
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 168
Total: 169

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Burning sension with Truvada/Atripla  (Read 3007 times)

Offline rObtz

Burning sension with Truvada/Atripla
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:33:40 am »
Hello,
I am male of 37,I tested positive like a year ago.I had 840 Cd4 and 3000vl
I tried to start my Med with Atripla,just after the first pill,i had a horrible feeling,
I had burning sension all over my body,felt chills heavy back pain.I had to stop it.I stayed a year without any Meds,until recently i tried Truvada,i got same result,i felt my skin over my whole body was on fire,i stopped  immediately.I am just asking for help,
If there is anybody encountered similar experiences,and what was the alternative Meds?
Thanks and appreciate in advance.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: Burning sension with Truvada/Atripla
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 10:56:22 am »
Hi robtz,

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis and welcome to the forums.
If I am reading correctly you have been with out meds for about a year now because of adverse reactions with Atripla and Truvada.
Did your doctor prescribe Truvada alone ?
You should be on a combination of at least three drugs.

Here is a list of HIV meds and you have plenty of options to discuss with him/her.

https://www.poz.com/drug_charts/hiv-drug-chart

Best,

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:08:38 pm »
Hi

I removed your other posts as they are duplicates.

Look intimidate reaction just after the first pill to both medications is very odd as it normally takes time to be absorbed into the human body, also I am with Wade that you should not be taking Truvada on its own. That would be very odd. 

What has your doctor said? And have you discussed what treatment would be best suited for you to start on. 

Wishing you all the best

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline rObtz

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 07:52:02 am »
Hello JimDublin,
Please email me
I am requesting assistance.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:06:25 am by JimDublin »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 08:10:08 am »
Hi

I have enabled PM function and sent you a PM, you can reply to me at anytime though the (Pm) Private Message.

To protect your own privacy I removed your email address from the public post and merged it with your own thread.

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.