Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:07:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What I have just done...  (Read 51304 times)

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
What I have just done...
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:15:48 pm »
 This isn't the first time I've tried to do this. Slashing wirst, cuttoing deep into my skin with a sharp serated hunting kife. Hell, I've even put the my postil in my mouth before only for it to be taken away from me.

Now it's a chance to let the meds do thermagic. What has been done is done there is no going back now. I feel the medications starting to work.

I just chewed 24 2MG lorazepam, 30 25mg Amitriptyline & 10 25mg seroquel. All chased down with a pint of good old standby Absolute vodka. I hope I get the result I'm looking for.

If I die this post serves as my last statement to the world. I can't go on living the way I feel about myself, the damage that HIV has done to my body, mind & spirit. I'm not worthy to be around such loving, compassionate people as the lot of you are. I feel as if I am the boil on the butt of humanity that keeps comming back. I try to work on myself, therapy that didn't work, antipressants didn't work, a great HIV doc but he can only help me so much. I feel like everything I worked for healtwise the last 3 years has all been for nothing. The struggle of trying to work. I just can't seem to get along well with others so I am back to working at home with the law firm. I hate that job. I called 127 accounts today and didn't even manage to get one person to pay on their bill. My supervisor tells me I'm too nice, that I should be more forceful in getting the debtors to pay. I see that another way. Wouldn't it be better to kill them with kindness and undertatanding while at the same time encouraging them to pay their bill so it won't be reported to the credit reporting agencies? I have a soft voice that isn't suited to the collections field. I have tried different collecting techniques that I have learned but none of them to work for me.

My family will be hurt bu what I have just done, but I can't be concerned about that anymore. Danny is alone is this journey. I don't care what happens to my "stuff" they can throw it away. While they are at :

1. I do not want a funeral or visitation, flowers or a grave side service of any kind. My casket will be closed. If someone wants to send flowers or food they can make a donation to RIFA (food bank for indigent peple in my area }or a donation to and HIV/AIDS service organization on my behalf.

All I want to do is go to sleep and find peace with myself, I can't find ithatwhere else.

This post or decsion has nothing to do with my lates disgreement with Steve.  Anction like this has been  iin my mind for the last 25 years. No more HAART requardless of what the out come
Dan Jones
2000 years poz May 21, 1986 Died July 27,2006

When I am in my box I would like to wear my AMG 2006 Montreal t shirt & my favorite pair of jeans.

This is real, I took the medications 15 minutes ago... Now I will be able to be free or if not free then maybe brain dead in coma would work fine for me too. I don't care either one of those 2 options are better than what I feel now

Dan

Offline skeebo1969

Re: What I have just done...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:21:50 pm »

IF ANYONE KNOWS HIS # SEND THE POLICE OVER THERE NOW!!

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 06:23:02 pm »

I am looking for my phone bill Dan from September when I find your # I am calling the police and sending them right over..

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 06:26:50 pm »
Dan lives in Jackson TN area code 731. Police number is 731-425-8400

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 06:29:08 pm »
I don't remenber calling you & if I did it was on my cell phone & I recently changed that number * mailing address. It is not your resposibity to take such actions. I don't know you from flip. Please do ,e a favor and just go live you life and let me end mine the way I see fit. It's my life. I have that right.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 06:39:59 pm »

I have all my shit packed in a pod outside my home...it's going to take me an hour to get past all the furniture to my office shit....  Someone in the mean time please if you have his # that is all you need to give to the police at the said number..

Offline Oscar

• 20 Years POZ
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 06:40:50 pm »
that's find you called the cops.I have a car that can get me out here before they show up.

Im leaving now.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 06:41:51 pm »
Dan get off your self centered ass and call an ambulance. If you don't care about yourself think of all the others you will be hurting. Now get off the fucking internet and get some help NOW..

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 06:41:55 pm »
Dan I don't know you from flip either and I would hope if it was me you would do the same!  I know I have your number... your mother answered the phone..

Offline Teresa

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 06:44:16 pm »
Dan,

What about Emmie....whos gonna give her a good home and spoil her? Shes counting on you.

Come on Dan, call 911, tell them what you have taken.
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 06:45:06 pm »
on the phone with him now

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 06:46:56 pm »
Thx John..

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 06:49:03 pm »
Dan for your own good I called the Jackson police.
Hal

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 06:50:38 pm »
Thanks John, the Jackson Police Dept. is trying to contact him.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 06:52:18 pm »
we have cops after him and he just hung up on me.  He is driving around in a black honda civic.  His phone number is
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:02:54 pm by kcmetroman »

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2006, 06:53:50 pm »
we traced his address down, he told us he was on 6th street in his car.  The cops are trying to intersect with him

Offline tnboy

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2006, 06:56:14 pm »
  I called him as well and tried to reason with him but he finally hung up on me as well. I am about 1 hour away from him but I have no trasportation and have no ideal where he lives.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2006, 06:56:40 pm »
Should I call his parents?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2006, 06:57:40 pm »

I just called....  they have an officer dispatched.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:15 pm »
anybody who does talk to him try and confirm his vehicle and location.  He may be lying

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:25 pm »
Yes. They may know where he would go if the police don't intersect him on 6th street.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2006, 06:58:37 pm »
  I called him as well and tried to reason with him but he finally hung up on me as well. I am about 1 hour away from him but I have no trasportation and have no ideal where he lives.

tnboy  -- call the police, and give them his phone number -- they'll be able to find his address.

Peter

Offline Trish

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 06:59:23 pm »
Hal if you have his parents' number, YES, CALL THEM NOW!!!
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 06:59:49 pm »
I've given the police his phone number.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 06:59:55 pm »
Peter, they have his address

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 07:00:33 pm »
I talked to his father who said the police called, he said Dan just left the house...his father seemed oddly not concerned.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 07:00:45 pm »
they had his number, and did the trace on that already

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 07:01:53 pm »
Anybody know him well enough to confirm that he does drive a Black Honda Civic?

Offline Eldon

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 07:02:30 pm »
Anyone heard from the cops? Have them put a APB out on the black Honda Civic!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 07:04:08 pm »
Dan drives a silver car...he may be in his parents. I will call the police again in a minute for an update.

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 07:06:03 pm »
someone do me a favor and look this up. He may be lying about the car....

He posted a thread month or so ago about a new car he bought.  I don't remember it being a civic, or black

Offline Teresa

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 07:10:03 pm »
How long can he drive with everything hes taken?
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 07:10:28 pm »
Dan drives a new silver Honda Fit...I just talked to the police and asked them to call Dan's parents again. They are not actively looking for him. >:(

Offline tnboy

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 07:14:08 pm »
 I called the emergency room in Jackson and they told me to call the sherriffs department which I have done. He said he thought the police department had received a call about this. He took my number and said he would see what he could find out. Anymore suggestions??

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 07:14:53 pm »
He can drive for about another 15 mins if he took the stuff at the time of his first post

Then it will be another 3 hours before the drugs really kick in
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline tnboy

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2006, 07:15:54 pm »
He just called me and seems to be very confused. I couild not get him to tell me any information then he said his father was on the phone and hung up.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2006, 07:17:21 pm »
TNBOY . . if you did not tell the police or ER that Dan took these pills at approx 4pm his time as well as the scrips, CALL THEM BACK...

I just chewed 24 2MG lorazepam, 30 25mg Amitriptyline & 10 25mg seroquel. All chased down with a pint of good old standby Absolute vodka

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2006, 07:17:33 pm »
I checked the fatal doses of the three drugs. The Seroquel dose he took his nothing; lorazepam fatal dose in adults has to be as high as 1.85 gms, and he's taken a fraction of that; the real worry is the amitriptyline, toxixity/fatality at 750. Plus the vodka. They need to find him within the next 2 to 4 hours.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2006, 07:18:40 pm »

Ugggggggggggggggg... please something...  oh man does this suck...  its my fault I should have never told him I would cll the police...  he would have never left...  I fucked it up

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2006, 07:19:46 pm »
Dan's parents, police, and sheriff have all been notified...please do not call them again. They are getting confused by the number of calls coming in. I have given them all his phone numbers, address and make and model of car...they have run his tags and are in contact with his parents. Remain calm and I will let everyone know as soon as I hear.

Thanks,
Hal

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2006, 07:20:41 pm »
Not your fault Tom

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2006, 07:22:06 pm »
It is NO one's fault...remain calm they will find him soon.

Offline Trish

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2006, 07:22:23 pm »
Tom, don't be so hard on yourself... you did what you could under the circumstances.
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline tnboy

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2006, 07:26:13 pm »
The emergency room would not take any information because they said he is not there. Does anyone have his parents number he will not answer his cell phone

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2006, 07:32:40 pm »
I had a long talk with Dan's mom. The police have talked to Dan on the phone. There is not anything more we can do...his parents know where he is. His mom assures me he is okay and is going to call me if there is a problem.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2006, 07:34:50 pm »
Quit calling...I am in contact with his parents, they have my number and said they will call me if anything changes. Right now they believe Dan is okay.

Offline tnboy

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2006, 07:35:31 pm »
Thsi is making me crazy, I just hung up with him and he told me he is out on some road out of the city limits.He told me he has not and will not speak with his parents. Do you guys think he is lieing to me. I just feel helpless but don't know what else to do?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2006, 07:37:45 pm »
Guys, I believe you all did what you can do. You are all troopers.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2006, 07:40:21 pm »
I hope I am right...but yes he is lying. The police and his father have talked to him on the phone. That I know for sure. I hope he is not lying to the police, parents, and you. If he is, then there is nothing we can do. Remain calm...I will let you know as soon as I know.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 07:46:31 pm by Dachshund »

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2006, 07:40:39 pm »
Rod is right

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.