HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Risk behaviour?

(1/1)

jack988:
Hello everyone,

I am writing to ask you how risky this situation was: I was with a guy two weeks ago. There was no penetration but only frottage (he lying down and I rubbed our genitals on top of him). We were naked and at one point he came. When he came my penis was more or less over his penis, so inevitably some of his cum ended up on my glans (I don't know if also on the urethra, maybe yes, maybe no).

Can this be defined as risky behavior? I am getting a bit of anxiety

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

What you posted here wasn't an HIV risk to you.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, every time, with no exceptions. Continue taking PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as 'safe' in terms of HIV might still pose a risk for other STI's, so test regularly and at least yearly for STI's including but not limited to HIV. Test more frequently should condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and, the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" The forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

jack988:
Thank you Jim for your reply.
I feel better after your reply, however, my doubt about HIV is that, in my situation, the sperm comes in direct(?) contact with my glans (and maybe urethra) which is a membrane..so my question is: why is not risky for HIV?
Thank you :)

Jim Allen:
The short answer is HIV is fragile and sexually only acquired inside the confines of the human body as in never being exposed outside of the body. Your concern also lacks a number of other conditions needed.

So if this was your only sexual contact/activity there is no HIV risk. There are other STI's that could be a risk but that's another story and you don't need to run out and test for them either, just test yearly out of standard routine.

jack988:
Thank you Jim  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version