Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2022, 06:10:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 36457
  • Latest: vavamas
Stats
  • Total Posts: 764603
  • Total Topics: 65095
  • Online Today: 146
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Art  (Read 3742 times)

Offline Bucklandbury

• All things must pass
Art
« on: October 06, 2021, 08:45:33 am »
So I like art a lot. ;-)

Here's a piece by David Wojnarowicz. I did a presentation in art history in college on him. I remember people were crying. I guess I brought home the point.

Here's David:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:51:37 am by Bucklandbury »

Offline Bucklandbury

• All things must pass
Re: Art
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 01:29:01 pm »
If you get a chance, there is this new documentary on David from last year. I just got a copy to watch soon.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/wojnarowicz-fk-you-fggot-fker-film-review-doc-nyc-2020-4089910/

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 06:34:40 pm »
sorry for this off topic note, I guess I should have posted this over in the "song of the day" thread but I saw it because of this post:

I've never cared much for mixed-media art; but there was a link down at the bottom of that article that I'm much more interested in. A documentary called "Who Killed The KLF?" by Chris Atkins
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/who-killed-the-klf-review-1235026484/
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

Offline Bucklandbury

• All things must pass
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 07:30:18 pm »
sorry for this off topic note, I guess I should have posted this over in the "song of the day" thread but I saw it because of this post:

I've never cared much for mixed-media art; but there was a link down at the bottom of that article that I'm much more interested in. A documentary called "Who Killed The KLF?" by Chris Atkins
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-reviews/who-killed-the-klf-review-1235026484/

I will have to check out that documentary too. Chill Out is a great album I know you know. ;-)

The KLF just this year released Come Down Dawn, which is an alternate mix of that 1990 record, the second entry in the Samplecity Thru Trancentral series. Samples were removed from Elvis, Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix, Earth Wind & Fire, and Acker Bilk for copyright reasons. The last 10 minutes are different from the original Chill Out and contain new and re-used sounds from parts of other KLF tracks.

Offline Bucklandbury

• All things must pass
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 07:32:26 pm »
Here's another work of art I like. Just discovered this one, even though it was created in 2012.

Still-Life with Forget-Me-Nots and One Week’s Dose of Truvada
Joey Terrill (American, born Los Angeles, California, 1955)

The little boy in the top left of this work is David Wojnarowicz, and that image is featured in one of David's better-known works:

The flowers remind me of the Patrice Rushen's dance classic. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtMHsNhQBvI

BTW, that song and the album (Straight from the Heart) its from - released in '82 - got remastered this year. I snagged a copy.

George Michael's "Fastlove" single from '96 samples the original (starting about 3:13 in). I like that one too. But I like most of what George did. RIP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHAQlFq6TFg
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:54:37 pm by Bucklandbury »

Offline Bucklandbury

• All things must pass
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 06:22:37 pm »
Peter Hujar

http://www.artnet.com/artists/peter-hujar/

==

Here's a photo Peter took of Divine out of drag:

And here's a portrait Peter took of his lover, David Wojnarowicz:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 06:25:35 pm by Bucklandbury »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2022 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.