HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Pls Assess my risk

(1/10) > >>

Jxcoze:
Hello,

I am a 23 year old bi guy from the UK. This story will not be new to you admits, but I thank you for reading this. A few weeks ago, I hooked up with this guy on grindr. I did not know his status.

There was no type of anal sex whatsoever (I'm a virgin in both anal and vaginal), but I did perform oral on him. I do not recall having any cuts on my lips and/or inside my mouth. He did not cum in my mouth directly (he came from a handjob), but after he wiped himself off, I performed oral on him again. I also do not remember if I accidentally rubbed some semen in my eye using the hand I finished him off with (whether I wiped my hand or not)

Assuming this guy was positive, had cuts on my lip/mouth, and rubbed my eye with the semen, what is my risk?

I had a look before on this forum and it says generally low, but did see an article where someone became positive over an ejaculation-less bj, but they also had (protected) anal sex. Resultantly it has freaked me out a bit, when I don't think it should.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thank you so much.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Regardless if there any semen on your hands, rubbing your face with your hands is not an HIV risk. None whatsoever.

As for giving a blowjob, the mouth generally lacks a route for HIV to infect. Even if you had gaping wounds in your head like meth mouth, saliva also acts to neutralize HIV by damaging the receptors needed to infect human cells.

It's such a minute risk that we don't even recommend specifically testing over it, let alone any stress.

Relax and move on with your life. Just get tested at least yearly for STI's and HIV as you are sexually active, stop reading stories online and thinking it somehow relevant as it is not.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP going forward as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Jxcoze:
Hello,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Just to clarify.... rubbing your eyes with semen covered hands is not classed as a risk??

P.s. I shall try not to read other peoples stories, and will go for an sti screening later in the year.

Kindest Regards

Jim Allen:
You're welcome.

Asked and answered, asking again changed nothing. Hands with fluids on them, eyes,  not an HIV risk.

The BJ was the only thing mentioned that was a theoretical risk. Nothing to stress about.

Jim

Jxcoze:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Just a few more questions from me and think I'll be good!

1. Does a sore throat affect the risk of HIV transmission (provided one swallows semen)?

2. I heard that HIV itself is a fragile virus, but does the sexual fluids/blood protect the virus from being degraded quicker than  it should, I.e., when semen exposed to air?

3. How risky is mutual masturbation for HIV transmission (if semen touches the tip of the urethra etc)? I know the only known risks are unprotected anal/vaginal sex, and sharing drug needles.

I'll definitely practise safe sex in the future, and when I get tested (hopefully) will have a negative result. Thank you once again for your help.... I would probably be freaking out incessantly if it was not for you.

Kindest Regards,
Jxcoze

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version