Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:59:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Obama caught in Land Deal  (Read 14105 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Obama caught in Land Deal
« on: November 06, 2006, 01:39:53 pm »
with convicted Real Estate crook. He has apologized for his bad judgement. First knucklehead Lurch and now to have the next Democratic Hope caught in a potential bribery transaction.

Offline ademas

Re: Obama caught in Land Deal
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 01:46:50 pm »
oh brother...never mind...I found it.

(heading back to the pervy republican thread...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 01:53:10 pm by ademas »

Offline cph9680

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 02:05:27 pm »
At least he'll get more publicity now  ;D

Corey

Offline jack

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:16:51 pm »
He was nabbed in this deal middle of last week. To date,not one single national news media has picked it up. He is a Democrat, he is expected to be a crook. HIll and Bill are having a party.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 02:23:51 pm »
Not too newsworthy...I had trouble finding it.   

This from ABC news:

Obama and his wife closed on a $1.65 million home last year in Chicago; the same day, Rezko's wife closed on a $625,000 lot next door, the Chicago Tribune reported Wednesday.

Both lots were once part of the same estate but were listed for sale separately. A city ordinance required Rezko to fence the dividing line.

Obama paid Rezko $104,500 in January for part of the lot, to create more space between his house and the fence. Obama has said the arrangements were ethical and proper.

However, he acknowledged Saturday that he "misgauged" the implications suggested by his purchase of the additional land.

"It was simply not good enough that I paid above the appraised value for the strip of land that he sold me," Obama said. "It was a mistake to have been engaged with him at all in this or any other personal business dealing that would allow him, or anyone else, to believe that he had done me a favor."

Rezko and his companies donated nearly $20,000 to Obama's state Senate races and federal fund.

Obama has said he would divest the federal donation.

"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Longislander

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 02:25:49 pm »
well, unless there's more to this story......
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline jack

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 02:33:53 pm »
What do you mean unless there is more to the story? Oh, I get it, if he we find out he is a republican it will matter. This guy got a special land deal from a guy found guilty of bribing political officials. Obama did the deal after it was know to everyone that this guy was no good.  Looks like Lurch shooting himself in the foot might have kept if off the front pages, of course Lurches insult of all military people and all who dont have a college degree was not on many front pages.
I still havent heard a word of this on television. I guess crooked deals that involve Democrats and that take place in Chicago really aren't news.

Offline libvet

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 02:49:14 pm »
with convicted Real Estate crook. He has apologized for his bad judgement. First knucklehead Lurch and now to have the next Democratic Hope caught in a potential bribery transaction.

Yawn....another Whitewater? 

Maybe I am missing something, but did Obama somehow make a profit from spending $105k to buy that strip of land above it's appraised value?

Or is it just that six degrees of separation double standard that republicans like to apply, where one can be good close buddies with such noble and honorable men as Jack Abramoff and Ken Lay and it's pretty much swept under the rug (sorta like no one ever mentions Lay serving on Bush's transition team)?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 02:53:21 pm »
Gee, you would have thought he molested a child or something. I guess since perversion and pedophilia are the mainstream of the Republican party even Fox didn't find this newsworthy. Did you hear the one about the preacher, the pervert, and the pedophile? No, check out daily Republican perverts ! What do you think about all the sexual misdeeds in the Republican party? I better check the tube they should be outing another one right about now.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 02:55:36 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 03:43:09 pm »
Man, you would have thought Obama sold his house to a defense contractor way above the appraised value in return for appropriation deals, plead guilty and is now serving time in jail...my bad, that was Randall "Duke" Cunningham.

Offline jack

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 03:44:53 pm »
Look, Foley quit the minute he was found out. Now we have Obama admitting he bought land from a convicted felon whose crime was bribing politicians and it doesnt bother you guys. Delay took a golf trip from a lobbyist and he resigned. Have Dems no morals at all or is it just a case of this is something that is expected from Dems.
We still dont know how far under the mkt Obama purchased the property. Now we need to go back and see what kind of history Obama has with this scoundrel.
I wonder how big of a part Hill and Bill had in this becoming public. Obama being gone only helps them.

Offline jack

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 03:45:30 pm »
Look, Foley quit the minute he was found out. Now we have Obama admitting he bought land from a convicted felon whose crime was bribing politicians and it doesnt bother you guys. Delay took a golf trip from a lobbyist and he resigned. Have Dems no morals at all or is it just a case of this is something that is expected from Dems.
We still dont know how far under the mkt Obama purchased the property. Now we need to go back and see what kind of history Obama has with this scoundrel.
I wonder how big of a part Hill and Bill had in this becoming public. Obama being gone only helps them.

Offline libvet

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 03:53:29 pm »
I'm still not seeing what the big deal is.  Oooo....he bought a piece of land that adjoined his property and the person that happened to own that land was a convicted felon.

The only quid pro quo I am seeing in this is trading money for land and if that's a crime I'm guilty of it.

Oh, and Jack....Foley didn't resign when he was found out.  He resigned when the PUBLIC found out.

According to testimony by several of your fellow republicans, he was confronted LONG before he ever resigned.

And Duke?  Duke made deals for influence then blamed the reporter who uncovered his crimes.

I know you are getting desperate to dig up some dirt to toss when your party of choice is so covered in muddy scandal lately, but this is a stretch even for the average right winger.   What's next? A video of cops claiming they helped Obama run drugs out of the airport at Mena, Arkansas?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 04:00:36 pm »
Get back to us on Foley after the ethics report is released. Ney, Cunningham and Delay all denied guilt until evidence forced their hand. Delay awaits trial. Cunningham is in jail and Ney awaits sentencing. The Republican leadership never asked for Ney's resignation until he pled guilty. Bet if these jerks had been democrats you would have been burning up the site extolling their crimes.

I understand what you are saying it is just more of the Clinton's plans to rule the world buhahahahaha.

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 04:34:04 pm »
Pardon me if I seem really dumb. But the concept of buying land with actual money from someone who actually owns the land doesn't seem all that big a deal to me. But like I said, I'm really an incredible moron. If this is the best that God's Own Party can come up with as a last ditch effort to save their asses, I feel sorry for the uptight repressed assholes.On second thought, no I don't. Let 'em fry....
   Capt.Carl.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline jack

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 06:37:09 pm »
Like I said, corruption only matters when its a republican. Did Obama(or osama as teddy calls him)pay mkt price or below mkt. This guy is going to prison for similiar deals with other pols. And yes you are a moron. What other dealing has Obama had with this scumbag and other crooks?
You can bet Hill and Bill have detectives on it now. As a Republican I could care less if this guy runs for President or Dog Catcher, or whether he is qualified for either, but Gore,HIll,and Bill will try and bury this guy in slime.

Offline jack

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 06:45:54 pm »
for the uninformed here, land deals like the one Obama got himself involved in are also used to wash money.  Land deals like this are also a way to "wash' cash. In other words the deal might not have been a great deal on paper for Obama and could still benefit him. Dude was donating money to Obama. Who know how much dough this guy has given Obama under fake names or corps. Maybe Obama was using this scoundrel to get campaign money?
Who can forget Clinton taking dough from Chinese in return for Loral Missile contracts or pardoning arch criminal Marc Rich in return for cash donations to his Library? Dems also have been using FNM as a personal piggy bank for campaign cash for years. My point is Democrats are very ingenious in the ways they get around campaign finance rules.

Offline ademas

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2006, 07:24:51 pm »
a lot of speculation you got goin' on there, Jack.
that's okay...we all have our little fantasies to get through the day...
(or the morrow, in your case...)
see y'all at the polls!
 ;)

Offline libvet

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2006, 07:38:04 pm »
I see a lot of speculation, there Jack....but much like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, it's more innuendo and guessing than it is rational thought.

Let's see....

Obama bought a house that was adjacent to the lot owned by Rezko.

Rezko was required to build a fence along the property line by city ordinance.

Obama didn't want the fence so close to his house, so he bought a parcel of the lot adjacent to his.

I'm not seeing the big "crime" in that.

Oh, and apparently you didn't read your own news articles....Obama paid ABOVE assessed value for the strip of land.

I daresay your willingness to assume Obama must be dirty is more indicative of your conspiratorial mind than it is of any real "scandal".

Not to put too fine a point on it, but when you compared the facts we've presented to the vast conspiracy you've managed to weave it into, it sounds like maybe you should leave investigative journalism to those better equipped to distinguish the facts from outright moonbatty speculation.

And speaking of presidential pardons, how'd you feel about George H. W. Bush pardoning his good friends in his administration for selling weapons to Iran and funneling the proceeds to Central American terrorist organization in order to prevent the Reagan/Bush White House from being exposed as sanctioning the deals?

Or Bush's pardon of Orlando Bosch....a Cuban terrorist who was involved in an terrorist attack on a Cuban airliner that killed 73 people?

And you have the audacity to bitch about Marc Rich?

I find your sense of proportion to be sadly lacking.

But thanks so much for your "concern" about how evilllllll Billary and Gore are going to slime our poor defenseless Obama.   I'll file it in the appropriate location.

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 07:57:55 pm »
Jack,
   I can only imagine how excited you must be! With the elections coming up tomorrow, you must be quivering in anticipation. After all, you can't lose tomorrow! If God's Own Party wins another round, you get to spend the next two years on your moral high horse that you so love to ride on these days, telling everyone "I told you so".On the other hand, if the lefties win big, then you still get to spend the next two years riding around on the aforementioned high horse, this time finding fault with everything that is being done. Either way it's a win-win situation for you. How lucky can a guy get? The big question here is which scenario makes you happiest? Getting to play the part of the arrogant victor? Or having the chance to complain constantly since that is what seems to make you happy most of the time. So come tomorrow, when for the first time ever, I vote a straight ticket, I will do so with the joyful knowledge that I am just trying to make you happy.
   Capt.Carl.

P.S. I'll get a jump start on your joyful bliss right now. There was an Assistant D.A. in Texas, who blew his brains out today when the Feds tried to serve him with a warrant for soliciting sex from what he thought was a 13 year old boy on the internet. How's that for stepping down? By the way, the man's name is Louis Conradt Jr., and he was a Democrat. I had thought that, according to you, Dems never step down when busted. Some readjustment of your views may be in order here.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2006, 07:59:18 pm »
for the uninformed here, land deals like the one Obama got himself involved in are also used to wash money.  Land deals like this are also a way to "wash' cash. In other words the deal might not have been a great deal on paper for Obama and could still benefit him. Dude was donating money to Obama. Who know how much dough this guy has given Obama under fake names or corps. Maybe Obama was using this scoundrel to get campaign money?
Who can forget Clinton taking dough from Chinese in return for Loral Missile contracts or pardoning arch criminal Marc Rich in return for cash donations to his Library? Dems also have been using FNM as a personal piggy bank for campaign cash for years. My point is Democrats are very ingenious in the ways they get around campaign finance rules.

And Republicans are very ingenious in getting around the law until they get caught.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 08:03:16 pm »
Jack, Jack Jack, don't you know we are all Stalinist! Except of course Matty who is Satan incarnate!
Now what do you know about that perv  Louis “Bill” Conradt Jr.?
Confess!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline libvet

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 08:22:22 pm »
There was an Assistant D.A. in Texas, who blew his brains out today when the Feds tried to serve him with a warrant for soliciting sex from what he thought was a 13 year old boy on the internet. How's that for stepping down? By the way, the man's name is Louis Conradt Jr., and he was a Democrat. I had thought that, according to you, Dems never step down when busted. Some readjustment of your views may be in order here.

I was thinking of posting the exact same thing....great minds and all that I guess.

Hmmm.....let's see:

Foley - resigns with a full pension paid for by taxpayers and blames being molested and booze

Conradt - offs himself saving the taxpaying public a fortune in trials and imprisonment and post-parole sex-offender tracking

Guess, the republicans can't claim democrats don't ever pay for their crimes.

Offline jack

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 09:31:50 am »
Why are you all surprised that republicans are human? We all fuck up. I guess its cause the religious right is so intolerant,you think its funny,and it is. We are all hypocrites to some extent.
I only bring up the  Obama deal cause its so obvious that it is being ignored by the same people who sunk Delay for taking golf trips.
Here is what could have happened. Obama wanted the entire parcel of land, but couldnt afford it so he asked this criminal or fixer to buy the land for him and he would buy it from him later. Maybe that is why he paid him such a high price. I am pretty sure I read that this guy bought the land in his wifes name at the same time Obama bought the house.
Or maybe this guy had a lot of dirty money that he needed washed. So you donate under many different names cash to Obamas campaigns and then Obama buys land for maybe 70% or 80% of what his campaign received.
there are any number of illegal things that could be hidden by this real estate transaction. It is what this guy did for a living. He found ways to pay Politicians for favors that were hard to trace. He was not a real estate investor

Offline libvet

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 10:04:05 am »
Oh, Jack......you've got it all wrong.

See, Hillary Clinton wants Barak Obama as her running mate, so she sent one of her evil minions to kill the people who originally owned the lot next to Obama and make it look like a suicide and then hired Rezko to buy the land at a huge discount.  Then she instructed Obama to build a house adjacent to the lot so he could buy the parcel and Rezko could invest the money into Bill Clinton's Mena Drug Cartel which is secretly run by the Chinese Government and funneled back into the Clinton/Obama 2008 campaign fund and be nearly untraceable!

It's all part of Hillary Clinton's eeeevil plot to become president and build a base on the moon with a giant laser with which she can blackmail the world unless they pay her the sum of ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

But never fear....I know for a fact that Shaggy and Scooby will uncover her horrific plot at the last second and then pull off her mask to reveal that Hillary Clinton is actually OSAMA BIN LADEN!!!!!!

And he would have gotten away with it had it not been those lousy kids and some guy name Jack.

Isn't the theatre of the mind a blast?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 10:08:33 am »
.....and don't forget the mind-controlled gay zombies the Clinton's have implanted in the Republican hierarchy.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:11:19 am by Dachshund »

Offline libvet

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 10:18:15 am »
.....and don't forget the mind-controlled gay zombies the Clinton's have implanted in the Republican hierarchy.

Darn it, man!  You gave away the plot to the sequel!!!!

Offline jack

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 10:38:30 am »
Sorry guys, but if you dont find out about your politicians before they get in office or run you will get stuck with another Clinton, and no one, except the late night comedians and newspapers want that to happen.
I wish the media would have alerted the country to Bushes politics before he got in, but his "compassionate conservatism" tricked them, the guy is a big spending liberal who happens to be a right wing Christian.
The media also fell down on the job not alerting the country to Clintons mess in Arkansas. The Mayor of Houston or Miami, or any large US city has better experience and larger population to deal with Clinton. And while Bush was governor of a large state, the Governor of Texas position is a joke, Ann Richards and Bush both proved that.
The state congress is where everything gets done and while Bush was in,he made deals with Dems everyday.

When was the last President not a governor? jfk, we dont count the moron Gerry Ford cause he wasnt elected. And to get elected he had to cast a vote with Southern Democrats to kill the civil rights bill. Why? Cause governors have no votes on national policies that can be used against them  as happens to congressmen and senators. Bob Dole voting record on tax increases(he never voted against one)killed him with conservatives,even though he probably wouldnt have won with them, and Lurches voting record over the last twenty years makes it almost impossible for him to win a national election.
I guess what I am trying to say is if you want to be President you better skip Congress and Senate. The National media cant see beyond the beltway and just dont do proper due diligence on the governors. I am not talking about allegations of Clintons drug use and womanizing or Bushes drug and alchohol, I am talking about policy.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 11:58:57 am »
Big fan of OBAMA but does paying $100,000 over sticker price seem logical.  Maybe he is trying to prove to the wealthy he can keep up with them, especially those in Congress who love running up the deficit with their great fiscal policy.
Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline jack

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 12:24:44 pm »
It seems as if he is paying blackmail or most likely washing illegal campaign contributions. You guys would be going nuts if this was a Republican. You better hope the National Media starts reporting this now, so it will be old news by the time 2008 comes around.
Look at John McCain. The Prisoner of War hero was indicted,along with 5 democrats, for taking dough from SL mogul and swindler Keating. McClain and John Glenn were not found guilty, but theywere not declared innocent either. So what does McClain do to cover up his past? He sponsors the idiot campaign finance reform bill, cause it wasnt his fault it was the moneys fault. He has no control over his actions. Because of the Bill,which is a violation of the 1st amendment,campaign financing is more a mystery and game of the big money than ever before, but McCain is able to say he is for Campaign Financing reform when he runs for President.

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2006, 12:36:28 pm »
Hey Doxie!
   Want to bet that the gay zombies in the Republican party are being given their marching orders by none other than the ghost of Vince Foster?

Offline jack

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2006, 12:41:34 pm »
Is the Vince Foster deal any crazier than the storythe Dems were putting out about Bush Sr. back in the 80s. They were saying that he flew overnight in some type of super secret high speed jet to Iran,this was while Carter was president,and made a deal with Iran kidnappers so they wouldnt release US captives till after Reagan was elected.

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2006, 12:49:34 pm »
No.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2006, 12:59:41 pm »
I just had a psychic channel the ghosts of that cross dressing J.Edgar Hoover through my dog. They confirm Jack's story. J.Edgar the original Republican closet case.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2006, 01:39:41 pm »
Leave Ann Richards out of this!  She was a great lady and is still highly respected here in Texas. Just because I'm saying it here, though, doesn't give it credibility, though, so you may want to check out this link:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214346,00.html

which is one of dozens of news outlets that carried my quotes online and in print. So that makes it true. And never, NEVER do I want to see her put in any category with George W. Bush. Have some respect.  Please.

Offline jack

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2006, 01:55:46 pm »
Sorry, but as a Texan and conservative, I have to put ole Ann below George. But I love the "poor george" line. Stupid fucker raised taxes and along with Ross Perot gave us 8 years of pure hell.
Didnt she run against Clayton"relax and enjoin it"Williams? What do you expect from an Aggie. He was up by 20 points till he said his now famous line. Sorta of like Lurch. But Clayton is a Texas Legend. He nearly went broke in mid 90s but the stock of one of his companies has gone from under a dollar to over $40 a share.
Met Clayton back in the 70s when he made his first fortune. Fucker had a jet helicopter and belt buckle bigger than his head.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 02:01:37 pm »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 02:05:27 pm »
Quote from: jack
the guy is a big spending liberal who happens to be a right wing Christian.
Oh give me a break.  That makes pretty much every Republican in Congress a "liberal" too then.  But that's simply a a bunch of conservative blather... what it makes them are hypocrites.  They tell their naive voting base one story and then turn around and do the opposite, because the Republican party has morphed into an authoritarian personality cult that adores pork, running up the hugest deficit in history.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 02:20:42 pm »
I expect a lot from an Aggie.  I'm an Aggie, 2nd-generation, and damned proud of it. From the way you called someone a moron earlier, and now this, I can only say that you, sir, are a name-caller, and I wish I'd never read this thread.

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 02:21:41 pm »
Straws Jack...grasping at straws!! Even a Republican gubernatorial candidate doesn't want to be seen with Georgie!!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/06/crist.bush.ap/index.html

Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline SirPrize

• SirPrize!
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 02:44:41 pm »
Jack, rest assured that if there is any inkling of impropriety, my buds down at the Treasury Department, Criminal Investigation Division, have already assigned a case number and have begun to legally investigate this!  During my tenure there, I've had the pleasure of investigating many a money laundering scheme, bribery cases, public corruption, etc. from BOTH Democratic and Republican politicians.  It may take awhile but if there is a crime, he will pay the piper!  Of course, none of this will be revealed to the news media unless the case merits review by the Justice Department.  REMEMBER Al Capone?  Be patient!!!
Due to current economic conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily turned off!

Offline jack

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 02:50:50 pm »
Basquo, I apologize about the Aggie remark. I have been to many games there,know many aggs,and kids almost went to school there(but they went to the dark side)and love the AM tradition. Clayton Williams was a teacher there. He had Texas AM on the tail of one of his jets as well as on the bottom of the huge texa shaped swimming pool in the back yard. You cant fault a conservative for not liking Ann Richards.
I did see Ann Richards walking at town lake last year after her diagnosis. And she was speed walking.

Sir Prize, still waiting for them to bring the execs at FNM to justice.Namely fast Frankie Raines and Jamie Gorelick,these two swindled the taxpayer and investors out of billions so they could get million dollar bonuses.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2006, 03:00:47 pm »
Thank you for the apology.  That was very nice of you.  I'm sorry I called you a name-caller.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2006, 03:02:41 pm »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.