Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:04:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 325
Total: 325

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: my positive friend needs to tell his negative BF-HELP  (Read 8307 times)

Offline worriedfriend

my positive friend needs to tell his negative BF-HELP
« on: September 17, 2007, 02:05:14 pm »
My friend, is seeing this great great guy. The first time they had sex, they were both a little tipsey, after the first time that night having sex, his new friend asked him if he was positive, just out of the blue. My friend panicked and said no, and they they had sex 2 more times that night.  Few nights later, they had unprotected sex again. My friend is the bottom, and his new friend is the TOP.  Now my friend needs to tell him, like duh.  They are starting to get more involved and things are going in the right direction.  He is very worried about telling him, it would have been MUCH easier if they had protected sex, but since they didn't, it makes this whole scene much more complicated. 

ANY ADVICE on how to tell his new friend is MORE than appreciated.  ???
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 02:21:39 pm by worriedfriend »

Offline comino

Re: my positive friend needs to tell his negative BF-HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 02:55:56 pm »
not much advise in the how department but some in the when department   YESTERDAY! seems like a good idea.. 

Offline structuredjen

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 03:16:49 pm »
I'm with comino.  I'm not pos, my bf is so I'm not really qualified to give advice - but this one already sounds sticky. 

In Michigan, where I live, it's actually a felony not to disclose a positive status prior to sex.  At the least, you should make sure your friend understands the legality of it all.

I'm thinking there may be no good advice to give on this one.  The fact that the guy point blank asked and your friend did not disclose, will be a major issue when he does.  Not only will this person have to deal with the fear of risky sex and its possible implications, but the feeling of being lied to about something so important.

Be ready to be supportive.  This could very well not go well at all.  And no matter what the outcome is, there should be a major lesson learned here so he doesn't find himself in the same position again.  It seems to me that your friend is only making things harder on himself by putting himself in this situation.

You can find some related threads below -

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=15630.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=11378.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=12545.0

Jen

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 05:04:46 pm »
You can be a real friend by taking your buddy to a clinic or some other counseling service (ASO may be able to help)  and get his head straight about living with this bug......whatever happens with this  instance of nondisclosure there will be never be a good outcome if he doesn't accept that he must disclose  before having sex....and not have unprotected sex in any case....  do the hard thing and insist, like a real friend would , that he get his actions under control.......drag him there if you have to.......
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline worriedfriend

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:42:04 pm »
Thanks to you all about your comments and we've both talked about much of this and he knows it's so wrong, but he also thinks that the chances of him getting it are really really hard to get if his bf is a top. I told him and he knows there still is a chance even though it may be much lower.  I have told him that he needs to tell his new friend-bf or whatever they are REALLY soon because thats going to be a big speedbump in their relationship that they both need to hit now and try to get past it. At this pont his new bf may or may not want to move forward who knows. Again THANKS so much and it seems you all agree he needs to tell him now.

Offline worriedfriend

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 10:51:27 pm »
My friend just told his new bf and he was very understanding and said he needs to soak this up and get tested. They are talking outside now im inside and scaries ro death. His new bf is very smart and had had positive bf's and has worked at aids clinics so he knows the facts. Wish him luck tonight.

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 11:02:44 pm »
Good luck :) He's lucky to have you as a friend.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline worriedfriend

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 01:21:04 am »
Things went GREAT. I'm home now he is safe. His friend wanted to stay the night and be close. His new bf wants to digest this and also get tested which is normal, but he still wants to see him and everything. So things are VERY good. I just hope to the lord his new bf is NOT positive as my friend said if he is, he will feel horrible. Thanks so much to you all for all your help!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.