Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:25:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 662
Total: 664

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Does a autoimmune response effect the hiv test  (Read 24256 times)

Offline IM AFRAID

Does a autoimmune response effect the hiv test
« on: February 17, 2007, 06:36:17 pm »
hello everyone,

i have a question concerning hiv and cellulitus,

i know the only way to be certain that you are infected with hiv is to get tested, but i would like to know if reccurrent cellulitus is something that people with hiv experience. I have had this infection at least once each month since the last time i was hiv tested and it was neg. when i did so in sept. of last year. But i started to have this infection and it has hunted me since then and yes i have had unprotected sex a few times after the last time i tested so i know i have to go back in again but im just wondering if this reccurent infection is caused by hiv.

i also no other things can cause cellulitus such as diabetetes but i dont have that so that pretty much rules everything out except hiv because my immune system is weakning so it must be the cause of my reccurrent infection of cellitius. I shave my head and ive gotten this infection on my skull at least three different times and ive gotten it on my elbow once and on the side of my back and on my scordum once so as you can see this is not normal and it must be because i am hiv positive. I can see no other reason for this.

thanks for the comments

Offline RapidRod

Re: Cellulitus
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 06:42:51 pm »
I've never had cellulitus. HIV positive since 1984. I guess you didn't look to hard to see what the other causes can be from. I just googled one time and came up with a list other than someone that is immune depressed.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 06:49:35 pm »
Afraid,

Symptoms, including cellulitis, or even the lack of symptoms mean nothing where hiv infection is concerned. Only testing will reveal your hiv status. Cellulitis is caused by staph or strep bacterias and they are very prevalent in the environment. Anyone can get it. Go see your doctor about it.

I'm surprised to hear that you are continuing to put yourself at risk for hiv and other sexually transmitted infections by having unprotected intercourse. You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

You need to test at the three month point after your last unprotected encounter for a reliable result. If you are hiv negative I suggest you start using condoms and stay that way. In the meantime, make sure you use condoms anyway, because if you have been infected you will be spreading your infection.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 06:54:27 pm »
yea i know

ive actually asked my docs about this and they kinda havent given me a clear answer about it. i just wished i knew what causes this but must of the list of causes that i have seen online i have ruled out except a weaken immune system cause by hiv infection. I am going to get tested again of course i actually was going to go in the begaining of feb because my window period ended in feb of this year but i didnt go in for the test because i have had a car accident and have been recovering from that. When i went in for my test last year in sept i had aready gotten cellitius once on my elbow. this is the first place that it started and since then goes away with antibiotic treatment but then reappears in a different place a month later. Its really getting annoying to me and after really thinking of the causes i think a weaken immune system must be the cause of it wheater the weaken immune system is being weaken by hiv or not.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:04:31 pm »
Afraid,

Perhaps you should be swabbed for the presence of antibiotic resistant staph. Ask you doctor. And don't forget to get your conclusive hiv test and REMEMBER the condoms.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 07:16:59 pm »
yea he actually has done that but told me that if the antibiotic that he prescribed will kill that bacteria then he said he wouldnt bother calling me to come back for a different type of treatment. But see the antibiotics kill the infection each time. But the problem is they reappear again but in a different place on my body, it hasnt happend in the same place except on my head after i had shaved but never in the same spot. its weird and is really stressing me out after goin to the doc so many times for the same thing. This is the only problem i have had medically since last year. otherwise i havent had any problems with my health yet. im just concerned that hiv is causing this. All i know is that i tested neg in sept 06 and now itz feb 07. Do u think hiv can cause this that fast. like i said i have had cellitius even before that sept 06 test were i tested neg. i actually went to get tested in sept because of the cellitius i had but it came out neg. but now itz feb 07 and im still having this same problem. any thoughts??? or suggestions??? this thing is really bothering me... it has to be hiv in my opinion.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 07:33:13 pm »
Afraid,

Cellulitis has nothing to do with hiv. Keep working with your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 04:11:53 pm »
can anyone tell me if they know anyone that has hiv that has experience cellitius over and over again???? im sure itz common with hiv because of the depressed immune system...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 04:18:16 pm »
Quit looking and trying to blame it on HIV. See a dermatologist.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 04:22:35 pm »
I KNOW I SHOULD but its hard when your getting symptoms and the symptoms could come from hiv

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 04:33:53 pm »
Or how many other reasons causes Cellulitus that you want to overlook? As you have been told, it has nothing to do with HIV.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 10:45:04 pm »
after looking at a few pictures on the net from google ive notice ezactly what i think i have been getting, from what i have found there are called boils. I get a boil i guess because im a carrier of staph on my skin surfaces i sometimes i devolp a boil and then instead of waiting to pop the boil before its ready to be pop i go ahead and mess with it everytime and it then gets more infected and turns into cellitius (a skin infection). If you google boil and look at the images thats what what i have looks like each time so im sure thats what it is.

do anyone of you have any suggestions on how to avoid skin boils??? i also read that immune depressed people get these often so hiv could still be the cause of this??? but either way i need to get my hiv test.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 10:47:03 pm »
http://www.dermnetnz.org/bacterial/boils.html

this is the link to see the picture of what i have been getting

any suggestions????

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 11:05:54 pm »
Did you over look these causes?

diabetes, especially when treated by injected insulin
alcoholism or drug abuse
poor personal hygiene
crowded living arrangements
jobs or hobbies that expose them to greasy or oily substances, especially petroleum products
allergies or immune system disorders, including HIV infection.
family members with recurrent skin infections

Causes and symptoms

Boils and carbuncles are caused by Staphylococcus aureus, a bacterium that causes an infection in an oil gland or hair follicle. Although the surface of human skin is usually resistant to bacterial infection, S. aureus can enter through a break in the skin surface—including breaks caused by needle punctures for insulin or drug injections. Hair follicles that are blocked by greasy creams, petroleum jelly, or similar products are more vulnerable to infection. Bacterial skin infections can be spread by shared cosmetics or washcloths, close human contact, or by contact with pus from a boil or carbuncle.

As the infection develops, an area of inflamed tissue gradually forms a pus-filled swelling or pimple that is

painful to touch. As the boil matures, it forms a yellowish head or point. It may either continue to swell until the point bursts open and allows the pus to drain, or it may be gradually reabsorbed into the skin. It takes between one and two weeks for a boil to heal completely after it comes to a head and discharges pus. The bacteria that cause the boil can spread into other areas of the skin or even into the bloodstream if the skin around the boil is injured by squeezing. If the infection spreads, the patient will usually develop chills and fever, swollen lymph nodes (lymphadenitis), and red lines in the skin running outward from the boil.

Furunculosis is a word that is sometimes used to refer to recurrent boils. Many patients have repeated episodes of furunculosis that are difficult to treat because their nasal passages carry colonies of S. aureus. These bacterial colonies make it easy for the patient's skin to be reinfected. They are most likely to develop in patients with diabetes, HIV infection, or other immune system disorders.

Carbuncles are formed when the bacteria infect several hair follicles that are close together. Carbunculosis is a word that is sometimes used to refer to the development of carbuncles. The abscesses spread until they merge with each other to form a single large area of infected skin with several pus-filled heads. Patients with carbuncles may also have a low-grade fever or feel generally

As you see HIV is not the only immune system disorder or the only cause of your boils.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 11:15:39 pm »
yea i know hiv isnt the only cause of boils but ive ruled out everthing eles i dont have diabeties and no one in my family gets problems with the skin and im not over weight etc.... the only thing i cant rule out is a immune system problem is most likely caused by an hiv infection ...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 11:34:39 pm »
Then test, 13 weeks past your last unprotected sex.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 11:47:21 pm »
yea i know and i will but im just worried thats all just venting

i have the symptoms and i have proof of my immuninty failing so i think thats enough to make me worry about this and continue to stress bout this

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 12:01:49 am »
So far you have proof of nothing. You haven't been diagnosised by a doctor, so you have no proof.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 12:13:38 am »
yea your right

just makes it feel more real when you actually have symptoms thats all.. its all my faught that i put myself in this position again because i have been in this position before and still after a couple of times have not learned my lesson. Im sure this time i will not get another chance and i believe i do not deserve one either. All the other times that i have been through this i have tested neg. but this time i surely doubt it since i have had my chances to stop my risky behavior.

Offline IM AFRAID

Low lymphocytes
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 03:15:05 am »
i have another question about something i have just noticed

i went to the er about one month ago and they did a complete blood count on me
my white blood cell count was high around 20 thousand because of a cellitius infection i had. My lymphs were low though they were measured on the cbc at 3 % which on there said it was low.

i know hiv effects that pacticular cell in the immune system so that must mean that i have hiv because it is very low. online it said that you have to mutiply that 3 % by the amount of white blood cells in the your blood and i did that and that means that i online have 600 lymphocyte cells in my blood so this must mean i have hiv right??

what do you think???

Offline RapidRod

Re: Low lymphocytes
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 06:20:29 am »
Keep all your questions and thoughts in your orginal thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 06:56:38 am »
Afraid,

Anyone can get boils or cellulitis. They are caused by bacteria that are present EVERYWHERE. Next time you get a boil, get it seen to by a doctor and keep your hands off it. No wonder it is spreading on you, you play with them when you get them. You probably need to bathe daily for a week or two in an antibacterial "bubble-bath" that your doctor can prescribe for you.

I had a run-in with boils years ago, long before I was hiv positve. It took ages to get rid of the underlying staph infection on my skin. I know two people who are prone to cellulitis. Neither one of them is hiv positive.

Even if you do end up testing positive because of your habit of having unprotected intercourse, your problem with boils and cellulitis will be unrelated. They've got no bearing on each other.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 07:13:52 am »
Afraid,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

600 is a perfectly normal CD4 count and means nothing either way. You cannot diagnose hiv through CD4 count, you can only diagnose hiv through the standard antibody testing.

Test three months after your last unprotected incident of intercourse. That is the ONLY way to know your status.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 07:38:49 am »
600 cd4 cells is low right??? i thought you have to have at least 1500 in a normal male right. something has brought them down. i mean i have read peoples posts on here about how there cd4 cells are higher than mine and they are hiv positive. and i no once cd4 cells are at 200 you have aids right. im at 600 i only have 400 more come on that cant be normal. i know you all dont want to scare me but lets face reality if your cd4 cells are at 600 that cant be normal thats why its concidered low.

Im sure if you have a cbc and your lymphs are low that means something is causing them to be low cause that is low for a normal person who isnt hiv infected

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 07:44:21 am »
A cd4  of 600 is within normal range a cd4 of 500 is within normal range.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 07:50:45 am »
normal range then how come online i read a normal range for cd4 cells is 1500 and up on a male. maybe its in a normal range for a person with hiv so i guessing thats what you are relating your reply to right. actually it says 16% til 25% im at 3% to me that is concidered low it even says low or L next to that result on the cbc test result paper so it must be low

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 08:11:19 am »
Afraid, you're so busy searching the net for (mis)information and playing doctor on yourself without a license that you haven't done the one thing which will answer your HIV concerns: get tested.

As you have been told you need to do that at 13 weeks after the most recent unprotected incident. You also need to learn from this experience. If you have been having unprotected intercourse you have been putting your life at risk. It's as stark and as simple as that. You can have as much intercourse as you like and with as many partners as long as you always, ALWAYS use a latex condom. Everytime. No exceptions.

As for your boils, they happen for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with HIV. Boils are not in anyway an HIV specific occurence. Plus you yourself have said you have made the problem worse by messing around with them. Sounds to me as if you are in a stressed state. Rather than playing doctor, get the condition treated medically. And you might find it useful to see a mental health professional to get some support with the emotional aspects of whatever is going on with you.

Good luck with your test. Nothing you are reporting suggests HIV to me, but only an HIV test can give you that answer for sure.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 08:51:35 am »
normal range then how come online i read a normal range for cd4 cells is 1500 and up on a male.

Afraid,

That is incorrect information. A normal CD4 range for anyone is between 500 and 1500.

You cannot diagnose hiv by looking at CD4 counts.

The ONLY way to diagnose hiv is through antibody testing.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 08:55:25 am »
IM AFRAID, guess you better reread it again. The normal range for a CD4 is between 500-1700. This is something all of us with HIV have done every 3-4 months so there will be no arguing with you over the normal range.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 09:35:23 am »
i have another question about something i have just noticed

i went to the er about one month ago and they did a complete blood count on me
my white blood cell count was high around 20 thousand because of a cellitius infection i had. My lymphs were low though they were measured on the cbc at 3 % which on there said it was low.

i know hiv effects that pacticular cell in the immune system so that must mean that i have hiv because it is very low. online it said that you have to mutiply that 3 % by the amount of white blood cells in the your blood and i did that and that means that i online have 600 lymphocyte cells in my blood so this must mean i have hiv right??

what do you think???
You can't tell HIV by a CBC.  The fact that you had 3% lymphs is irrelevant and it says absolutely nothing about what your CD4 count might be.  You are experiencing a normal response to a bacterial infection.  The differential is based off of 100%.  I would be willing to bet you had a pretty high percentage of neutrophils on that CBC.  when you have a bacterial infection, such as cellulitis--those are the cells the body spits out to fight that infection, so a greater proportion will be neutrophils and everything else will look low.  Often there will be what is called a "left shift"--where there will be some immature forms in there.  Once your infection is resolved, you will see your CBC go back to a normal white count and the differential (those have the types of cells and the percentages) will settle down and go back to normal.  What you are experiencing is completely normal and what happens in even HIV negative people.  So don't freak out because your body is simply fighting an infection as it should be. 

You also cannot tell your CD4 count without getting the CD4 test.  And the others were right--the normal range varies from lab to lab, but is always around 500-1500.  I don't know where you got >1500 as the normal--you get in the real high ranges like that and that would be where it is a problem.  Plus, we always get our counts done, so we also would know better what the ranges are.  You didn't get a CD4 count done, so I am not sure why you are even worrying about it.  CD4 is a type of lymphocyte--it is not the same as the total lymphocyte count.

Get your HIV test.  If you want to know status, that is the only way to know.  Not by CBC, not by cellulitis, boils, or anything of the sort.  Work with your doctor and it would probably be a good idea for you to stay away from the internet medical pages.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:40:37 am by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 03:52:18 pm »
thanks for your replys..

it certainly helps to hear that lymphs are normal in the range that you all have said. i just was worried that i had very low lymphs and that this could be caused by hiv weakining the lymph cells. the er doctor said the cbc was normal and released me that day from the er room he just said my wbc was high because of the infection and yea the polys were high like coffee chick said. i just went online to a bunch of sites reading about what they called low lymph cells which the correct term for that is lymphocytopenia and i thought i may have had this and thats why i keep on getting reccurent infections with celliutis or boils ..

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 03:58:36 pm »
one more question

if your lymph % is low you would think that your cd4 t cells which one part of a lymph cell would also be low since the total number of lymphs is low right?? how can a cd4 cell be not low when the total lymph cells are??? ???

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2007, 05:14:01 pm »
This is an HIV website not a site that deals with every virus, bacteria or fungus that this planet has. If you want answers to those questions that are not related to HIV, contact your doctor.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2007, 05:44:19 pm »
but it is a question relating to hiv because hiv is really the only virus that destorys cd4 cells and my question is about cd4 cells... im asking how is it possible that if lymph cells are low then how can cd4 cells which are a kind of lymph cell are not low as well??? could a cd4 still be normal while the total lymphs are low thats all im asking and this cell is why people with hiv can not fight infections and dieseses because of the impairment of this cell so this is a hiv related question

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 05:55:29 pm »
It is not an HIV related question because you do not have HIV.  You are on a fishing expedition.  Your best bet would be to ask the very Dr. who ordered the test for you don't you think?

And just an FYI your CD4's arent tied(by this i mean if your total number is down the CD4's HAVE to be down) to your total number of Lymphs.  Your CD4's can be just fine while another form of WBC is suffering greatly from a virus you refuse to look at because of an over active HIV imagination/anxiety/fear.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 07:15:24 pm »
ok i see wat you mean

but hiv is still a possiblity so im going to get tested with the ora qucik test this week im going try to get in.. but if its not hiv thats causing this repeated attacks of boils then im really at all clueless as to what is causing this problem. if would be really shocking to me if i dont have hiv it just all kinda adds up to me that i do. i have reccurent infections my lymphs were at 600 when i was in the er it just seems all to connected to me...

will untill i test i wont ever know please wish me luck im really going to need it but thank you anyways for all your replys they have truly been a help while going through this roller coaster. it just aint fun believe me this aint the first time ive been in this situation and my dumb ass still didnt learn and now look where im at now..

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 07:35:40 pm »
Please spare us the drama.  You didnt have a risk.  You have symptoms of DOZENS of diseases.  The sooner you move on the better.
RIDE!!!

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 07:40:31 pm »
i dont have a risk have you really read my thread???

i have had unprotercted sex with a couple of females how is that not a risk>????? your the first who has told me that

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 07:47:43 pm »
Did you not say in your very first post that you tested after your last unprotected sex? We can only go by what informatiom you have given.

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 07:56:17 pm »
no you miss understood me sorry let me clarify this

i was tested in june 2006 and it was neg... i went for this test because this is when i first got cellitius and never had it before so i went in for a hiv test and it came back neg.

now its feb i have had a couple of relationships where i did not use a condom i was using them and sometimes i didn't. so from the last time i tested till now i have done this so i do have a high risk . i was going get tested after my window period from my last girl that this occured with but i did not because i had a car accident and i was dealing with that problem thats why i havent but now im going go in this week. just hope im alright because the symptoms really show otherwise

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 08:00:36 pm »
Symptoms or the lack of is no way to diagnosis HIV and for your information I never had symptoms period. So your symptoms don't mean diddly damn when it comes to diagnosing HIV.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 09:52:37 am »
OK I re-read your post.  I too had assumed what Rod did.  You should test 3 months after your last unprotected incident as you know.  That being said, your symptoms are as follows.

1. Boils

Thats it! Just Boils.  You had cellulitis BEFORE your last unprotected incident and before your negative test.  Your CD4's, which you dont need to be counting anyway, are in the normal range.  You have boils.  And you jump straight to HIV.  Just a quick search shows me at least a DOZEN causes for boils. 

My other statement stands, please spare us the drama.  And deal with the facts if you can.  Good luck with the HIV test and remember to use condoms each and every time outside a securely monogamous relationship where you both have tested negative together.
RIDE!!!

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2007, 10:55:36 am »
I assumed what the others did--test 3 months after your last unprotected incident.  That is not to say that i agree with you in any way about your huge leap to HIV, since everything you have mentioned has many other explanations.  You actually have a great chance of collecting a negative result.  Hopefully this will inspire condom use in you, since you consent to whatever you might get any time you have unprotected sex.  Also, I think you really need to stay away from the internet.  You are a perfect example of why people who aren't informed shouldn't try to interpret their own symptoms or lab work, because they always seem to apply skewed logic to make unfounded leaps to conclusions--in your case it is to HIV.   It might help your mental health at least, while you wait.  I wasn't clear when the 3 month period is up, but hopefully in your case it is soon so you can put this behind you.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 11:01:06 am by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2007, 12:22:23 pm »
Afraid,

Well, I knew you still needed to test - go re-read my posts to you - and I have also been saying that your boils don't mean a thing where hiv is concerned. A person who is living with hiv infection is NO MORE likely to have boils than any other person and certainly not in primary infection.

Hiv is fragile, difficult to transmit virus and more so from a woman to a man, so the chances are in your favour of testing negative. However, the only way to know is to test and even if your risk-taking does lead you to test positive, the boils have nothing to do with it one way or another.

You're just going to have to sit tight and test at the appropriate time. While you wait, go see your doctor and get that antibacterial wash I mentioned a few posts up. Get your boils seen to and stop messing with them.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2007, 06:04:20 pm »
thank you all for your replys it really has informed me..

the thing is i have been getting this same infection over and over again its like at least once a month i end up getting this dam thing thats why i thought hiv has weaking my immune system because if my immune system was normal won't i not get the same infection over again and i mean now only one time i mean at least 8 other times or so i have ending up with this same thing. so it must be something wrong with my immune system because if it was normal it would not be coming back over and over again

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2007, 07:10:57 pm »
No thats not the case.  Your only symptom is boils from what you have said.  there are DOZENS of reasons for boils.   I'd talk to a Dr.
RIDE!!!

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2007, 07:44:49 pm »
boils that get infected and i have to go to the doctor each time and get antibiotics for. it aint just a boil that goes away it comes and then gets infected each time by me for trying to pop it or it just happens i guess because my immune system is a piece of shit and dont work as well anymore because of hiv.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2007, 07:48:38 pm »
Wrong.  Its boils.  Find out what causes boils.  They arent HIV specific you know.  If you could show a little respect and quit with the drama I for one would appreciate it.
RIDE!!!

Offline IM AFRAID

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2007, 07:50:30 pm »
okay i know i sound like im crying on here but anyone would feel this way.. im sure you even have before you knew what your status was. we all go through this especially if you have symptoms

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:37 pm »
No, not every goes through the worry stages. You would be suprised to know how many take the test and move on and the ones that are positive just go with the flow.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.