Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:19:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773538
  • Total Topics: 66384
  • Online Today: 300
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 254
Total: 254

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: people in your life  (Read 7122 times)

Offline em

people in your life
« on: November 09, 2021, 11:30:41 pm »
   a few months back . I told my psychiatrist I was tired of being in a chemical sedated state. A vegetated non feeling way of being  He suggested I cut back my meds to see what would happen.

If anyone reads these pages of POZ forums  the result was far from what I had hopped for .   

anyway the story I wanted to post here was about the people in you  life.

my family and friends roll their eyes when I mention this thinking there he goes being crazy again.  so I thought maybe if I post this here someone might know someone who knows someone who might fact check this or just right it off as some fantasy gone wrong .     coincidence or not . bad memory or fiction.

So this is the story ,   while in the service in the early eighties  I kept a note book with stories in it . one of the stories I wrote was about a guy who has a plug put into the back of his neck for a virtual interface. He has a computer system that uses a three dimensional graphing to keep track of everything in financial economic systems all over the world. he makes money doing this. the money he makes is his high score . he is not doing this to spend lot of money he is doing this just for the thrill of the high score.    there was a lot more to the story but I will try to keep it short . 

I told a coworker about this  . He said how about the machines take over the world and use people as batteries to power their machines? My response was " that is way to far fetched " He gave me the sourest look you could have ever seen.     His name on his uniform was Wachowski . I am sure by the look on his face he would not have forgotten this conversation .   Just trying to find out if the famous Wachowski was in the service in the early eighties.  I could not find anything on it .         

I have tired to reach out to find out if this was the same guy ? With no luck. SO I am here to see if anyone out there that reads this stuff might be able to fact check this . just so I can say I am not crazy at least about this. the rest of the stuff the races around my mind  O Ya it is text book crazy.  but this I am not sure it is just a memory wish list item .   I have no way to confirm this. take for what it is just a story until someone can prove it is what I say it is then that is all it is fiction.

Thank you for reading this and all the best to you

EM

I could write more on the story i was working on it was a warning about being to greedy . sorry to have bothered you but some out there might like  a good mystery and what might the outcome be truth or a big fat lie.

respond with whatever  pops into your head . the best to all

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: people in your life
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 08:32:19 am »
The Wachowskis attended the Kellogg Elementary School in Chicago's Beverly area, and graduated from Whitney Young High School, known for its performing arts and science curriculum, in 1983 and 1985, respectively.[16] Former classmates recall them playing Dungeons & Dragons and working in the school's theater and TV program.[16]

Lana went to Bard College in New York and Lilly attended Emerson College in Boston. Each dropped out before graduating, and they ran a house painting and construction business in Chicago.

Beginning in 1993, they wrote several issues of Ectokid for Marvel Comics' Razorline imprint (created by horror novelist Clive Barker), which were credited to Lana.[17][16] They also wrote for the series Clive Barker's Hellraiser and Clive Barker's Nightbreed for Marvel's Epic Comics imprint.

Film and television careers
Early film projects
In the mid-1990s they went into film writing, including the script for Assassins in 1994
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wachowskis#Early_life_and_careers
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline em

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 10:03:08 am »
I read the official bio. does not mean something might have been left out. At the point I met the guy I met we where both in the service about two years, the story I wrote was about 1984 or so .   He might have had a admin discharge for some reason and does not feel it worth mentioning.  or like I wrote it is just coincidence and my bad memory twisting the facts in a desperate attempt to have something in my life history of substance that makes a good story. It might be just a lie I have fabricated in my own desperate attempt or just made it up, I told myself  in my own faulty memory to make my life seem more of an adventure. rather then just the bland no value existence I have to live with ?

thanks for the info it confirms my suspicion that I must have twisted the facts from my lonely no value life . About a story I started that inspired or sparked  a better story. like everything else in Hollywood it seems better then it actually was ? 

that uncovered the secret mystery that haunts my mind ?      the story I wrote is just untrue a fabrication or like some if not most would say A lie told by me for me .

so like I asked no one knows someone who knows someone who might clear this up. Or is everyone just goin to stick to the highlights of a bio that may not have everything the person lived through . Ya a big Hollywood  personality would never think to have served in the military or mention such a thing .   I was wrong  my bad.

so no one thinks this to be good story even if it is not true ?    some mysteries are just untrue stories.   

like I tell my kids when they ask about something in possession and where it came from. I think it funny to say it was a gift my friend Cristopher. You might know him as Columbus. Ya we where friends back in the day .  He said it was old when he got it but still had some use ?    Of course their response is that is not true DAD you are not that old .  I laugh that they think I am being serious . stories like this might get me in trouble but it just a day dream if that is what you think then I am all for it . It is just proof of my mind not being what it should be .

sorry to have bothered you with this tall tale from  a lonely old man .

Lets go with the official bio and say this fact check is done and this untrue fake news .

but I hope it was worth reading.

all the best to you
EM

to dream the impossible dream .  :)

I also told my children of the illusive Pandaroo that lives in Australia with the duck billed platypus. the Padaroo is back and white with thick fur long legs and hops ?

My kids for some reason have trouble believing my stories but they are just for fun   

« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 10:15:03 am by em »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 05:07:49 pm »
Or is everyone just goin to stick to the highlights of a bio that may not have everything the person lived through
they graduated in 1983 and 1985
they attended several years of college before dropping out
they ran a house painting and construction business in Chicago
. . .
only 9 years from graduating they were writing scripts. Another 5 years later they had already produced several movies including the matrix. I can't imagine where they would have found the time to be in the military 2 yrs.

btw this isn't an "official" bio. this is wikipedia with footnotes referencing this information.

SO I am here to see if anyone out there that reads this stuff might be able to fact check this
taking into account your very passive-aggressive remarks looking for some sort of self-validation for your low self-esteem, I only did as you asked.

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline em

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 12:21:59 am »
well the information was put out there . Using Wikipedia  to fact check they are the information data accepted rule. the rest was just fiction .   My dream of being part of something bigger was just a dream. I looked there but did bot want to hear it was true . the rest of the story had some truth or did it ?  just fake news like most of
 the stuff floating around out there. 

back to the subject of people in your life . this might be useful . My wife thought this up  while dealing with people half her age at work

those of us with many years behind them might find themselves talking with a contemporary who recalls the same time period. while reliving the good old days . A  younger person asks what are you taking about?

one could say this . what we are talking about is from the before time as in before you where born. so as not to feel old but to show the other person they are young.

I found it funny being an older person.

I hope this might of use to anyone who finds themselves advancing in years

something I thought I would never do over thirty years ago after getting my HIV status .  life will find a way , eventually   

Offline em

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 09:17:39 pm »
gave it some thought and came up with what might have happened?

how about this scenario that might be what happened.

the guy I met had a cousin in Hollywood that he wrote too. both named Wachowski there fathers where brothers ?

In this letter he writes about virtual reality people used as batteries.

In these letter he says how about after I get out of the military you give me  a job working on this movie .

the cousin writes back let me work on it and I will get back to you.

When he gets back to him he writes that the studio is not hiring at the moment and they frown on nepotism.

Leaving the cousin I met more upset over what transpired then I could ever be.   

possible or just more fake news   

just trying to solve my own mystery

more likely I am just a crazy old coot who does not know what he is talking about

either way it does not change the world

all the best

EM
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:22:43 pm by em »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.