Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:12:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 688
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 663
Total: 664

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 3885 times)

Offline spooked26

Please help!
« on: June 05, 2012, 08:17:30 am »
I'm sorry for this being so long.

I tested negative 10.7 weeks post risky behavior.  I'm 35 generally in good health, 6' tall and in January I weighed 175lbs. I now weigh 148.

September-ish last year I had a perineal/perianal (unsure due to location) abscess. Never burst but got large and very painful. At one point before it resolved (never totally) there was considerable pain in the left rear pelvic area.This may or may not be related to my current symptoms.

January 18th Had unprotected sex with wife

January 19th On a business trip, had unprotected vaginal and oral with a 21yo who was on her period. During the short vaginal penetration, she bled.
   Next morning I had a thin red line below my lower lip.

January 21st Had unprotected sex with my wife. (I'm an ***, I know, one time thing and trust me, i've learned my lesson)

January 22nd had an itch in my urethra, no discharge, no other symptoms.

January 30th  Had a Chlamydia test performed by Quest labs. BD Probetec DNA, SDA  Results Negative

Sometime in February I had constipation, I attributed this to having travelled pretty much the entire month of January.  I'm a corporate pilot and spend alot of time sitting. Also had a "cold" for a few days, while I had the cold and the constipation the abscess swelled a little bit, just enough for me to know its there. Also had a 3 day bout with diarrhea. Mother in law, sister in law and my wife had it too.

Had more unprotected sex with wife during February and March, One morning in March I woke after sex with the wife with itchy urethra and a tiny bit of thick white discharge (thought it could be semen as I didn't urinate after sex.)Wife had a strange issue with vulvar itching and bleeding between her periods.  She had re-started a new birth control pill in I believe early January. We attributed this to the new pill.  She stopped taking the pill and these issues resolved.

March 18th Abscess came back with a vengeance.  Red swollen painful

March 19th Had Gonorrhea test performed by Quest labs BD Probetec DNA, SDA  Results Negative

March 21st gave blood and urine for annual physical

March 22nd Abscess ruptured spontaneously, Had a mild fever which I attributed to the abscess. Went to Dr. He looked and didnt feel the need to lance it. Prescribed me Bactrim DS (sulfa)

March 25 - 28th On a 3 day trip, same mild fever, developed pain with eye movement, headache, abscess area was still mildly painful.   

March 28th returning from the trip my fever spiked at 101.6 and I had rigors.  That night I awoke at 1am "freezing" with rigors.   

March 30th I still had the mild fever. Got out of the shower and noticed a rash developing on my upper arms and legs.  I went back to the Dr.  He looked and didnt feel that it was a reactive rash to the Sulfa (my father and grandmother are allergic). Also looked at the abscess and felt that it was okay. For weeks I had irritation at my meatus (after the indiscretion) He looked at that and said it didnt concern him. I stopped the Bactrim and he prescribed clindamycin and Methylprednisone.  Later that evening I had to fly again. Wasn't feeling the best but oh well.  At my destination I got out of the plane and felt slightly confused.  Granted my anxiety has been waaaay up during this period.  My tongue was white. Still had the rash and pain with eye movement. I suspected I had thrush.

March 31st  Day after stopping the Bactrim I felt MUCH MUCH Better.

Thanks to the wonderful world of the interwebs after the fever, rash, etc. I got HORRIFIED that I was experiencing ARS and HIV serconversion.

April 3rd I have blood drawn for a Herpes and HIV test.   
     Herpeselect results <.90 for both HSV I and II.  Negative results at 73 days post possible exposre  PHEW
     (a Dr. from another board has told others that those reults at 10 weeks can be 100% relied on)

HIV AB 1 and 2 EIA  both NON REACTIVE at 10.7 weeks Negative reults  PHEW  (others have said that although  3 months is the norm for conclusive results, 10 weeks can be relied upon heavily)     

The abscess came to a head again a couple days ago, no where near the way it did in March. It ruptured on its own. I've been taking the Clindamycin 3x a day for the last 3 days (Doc prescribed it to have it around in case the thing came back, well it did)

This entire time I've had  sporadic sensations in my urethra, about 1/4 inch in from the tip along with the irritated meatus.  Also at times I have an odd "pain" that I feel on the inside of my left thigh. Lower back pain.  Odd pain sensations in my perineal area.  Odd "muscle" twinges in my abdomen.

To a point I believe I have a mild case of prostatitis due to my job. Again as a Pilot I spend alot of time sitting. I also think my anxiety over all this has made me very genitocentric. I love my wife dearly and deeply regret my indiscretion. If I were to have passed anything on to her, or our daughter I would be completely devastated.

May 3rd I had severe watery diarrhea, it continued into the next day. Then on a trip to see my parents it went the other way, constipatoin. I was having abdominal cramps and nausea also. This was diagnosed to be C-diff from all the antibiotics I'd taken. I was prescribed Metronidazole.

I still have fecal urgency but no watery diarrhea. 

Since then my tongue will still be white several hours after brushing it. Not "cheesy" looking but just white, moreso on the back and sides.

I have random generalized discomfort with no notable swelling related to my lymph nodes. Sometimes in my right neck, elbows, armpits, behind knees and groin.

I've lost almost 30lbs since January (could be stress as I've also recently lost my job.)

Do any of you volunteers (thank you SOOO much btw for your time and efforts here, you don't know how much of a help you are to us basket cases) think that I have anything to be concerned with in regard to "infecting" my family?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:21:56 am by spooked26 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57:29 am »
A negative result at 10.7 weeks is highly unlikely to change from negative at 3 months. You can re-test anytime now and confirm your negative status, which is what I would expect to happen. And I recommend testing to remove any doubts about your HIV status.

Again, I expect you to test negative.

Guilt is the likely real culprit in the situation at this point. You did what you did. It's a part of your history now. Letting  it go and getting on with your life is best for all concerned.

As for other symptoms, you should be discussing them with your doctor. We focus strictly on HIV here and I don't see that as being a problem for you.
Andy Velez

Offline spooked26

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 09:35:52 am »
Thank you Andy for replying. It does help. I know that symptOms alone are not reliable. I hope you can understand my fears due to the issues I've had these several months.

Offline spooked26

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:47:25 pm »
A few more things.   

Can an acute HIV infection cause spotting between cycles?  Granted my wife had re-started birth control in I believe December or January. She, after having unprotected sex with me AFTER my indescretion, started having bleeding between cycles. She stopped taking that pill and after things calmed down started another. I noticed today that she is bleeding again and its a week after her last period.  We are both stressed out right now as I'm currently suddenly unemployed.

She has also, during this time, had diarrhea, flu like symptoms etc. 

Please bear with me as I'm horrified I've given her something.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »
A few more things.   

Can an acute HIV infection cause spotting between cycles?  Granted my wife had re-started birth control in I believe December or January. She, after having unprotected sex with me AFTER my indescretion, started having bleeding between cycles. She stopped taking that pill and after things calmed down started another. I noticed today that she is bleeding again and its a week after her last period.  We are both stressed out right now as I'm currently suddenly unemployed.

She has also, during this time, had diarrhea, flu like symptoms etc. 

Please bear with me as I'm horrified I've given her something.

No, none of that is consistent with HIV infection acute or otherwise. If your wife is unwell she should see her doctor.

MtD

Offline spooked26

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:37:45 pm »
Thank you all for you reassuring words.

I know I need a 12 week conclusive test but with the pain in my lymph nodes and weight loss I'm absolutely horrified of the potential results. Do any of you think I really need to retest?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »
Stop making this more complicated than it has to be. Yes, you should re-test for a conclusive negative result and that's what I expect you to get. A negative result.

Those symptoms are something to discuss with your doctor. They are not in anyway HIV specific. Which is no surprise because I expect you to continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline spooked26

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 01:35:04 pm »
Sorry Andy. Thank you again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 02:16:42 pm »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline spooked26

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:38 pm »
Just got my 6 month negative!!!!

Somewhat unnervIng though is the fact that they haven't gotten my syphilis results back yet........

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.