Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:03:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773164
  • Total Topics: 66330
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Am I at risk  (Read 10982 times)

Offline eagleye

Am I at risk
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:07:11 am »
I need some expert suggestions on what had happened to me.

8 weeks before I was having sex with a guy. He was a casual partner. He was top and I was bottom. We used condom, but at the end when he ejaculated and took his penis off, the condom sliped and stayed inside me anus. He just took it out and he told me that the edges were out of the hole. When he was taking the condom out, some of his semen spilled on my skin and bed sheet.

I was definitely, hiv negative before that for sure. He is saying that he got tested one month before and he was negative. But he is also saying that one month before the test, he had unprotected sex with some body.

I am concerned about what had happened and I have deep anxiety.

Can any one advice me what are the risks of getting hiv from an accident like this?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: I have deep anxiety, some one please help me out.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:19:36 am »
Based on what you have described I would not consider this to have been a risky incident. He had a condom on during intercourse. The fact that he slipped out of with the end of the condom still outside your anus means any semen in it was still in the condom as it was pulled out.

Semen on your body afterwards wasn't a risk. So what we're talking about is your anxiety about the incident, which is quite different than an actual risk. It seems as if your mind has begun coming up with "what ifs," and that's never a good place to hang out in.

You had protected intercourse. Period. I don't see any need for testing nor for further concern. And please don't go further down the road of "yes, but WHAT IF." Because it will only continue to stir your anxiety to no good purpose.

I don't see any need for testing, but if you are going to stew over this, then get tested at 13 weeks and collect the inevitable negative result.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline eagleye

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 07:44:25 am »
I have the following concerns in this regard:

1- His semen might have spill on my anus hole and might have mixed with my fluid there.

2- Also it might touch my ass hole while cleaning it with a cloth.

These two concerns are increasing my anxiety.

I went for testing yesterday, and it is 8 weeks after that incident and I was found negative.

Should I go for test after another 5 weeks? What is the probablity that my test results might have changed to positive in this time period?

An early response by some expert will be highly sppreciated.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 08:39:04 am »
You didn't have a risk to begin with testing wasn't required.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 09:36:28 am »
I agree with Rod that you weren't at risk to begin with.

You also should know the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus. With that 8 week negative result in hand, I certainly expect you will continue to test negative.

Given your anxiety about the issue, I recommend re-testing in 5 weeks simply to collect what I expect will be another negative. Hopefully that will put the issue at rest for you. Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline eagleye

Some one please answer my question
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:23:16 pm »
I have a few things to discuss which is causing me deep anxiety. I went to a massage parlour last week and a lady there gave me a nude massage. Usually at the end of the massage, they give u a hand job. That lady sat on private part of my body and holding my penis in her hand, she started rubbing it at her bum. THis happened for about a minute. At that time, for sure my penis was not in.
All of a sudden, I felt a grip on my penus. I asked her to stop that and then she moved. She told me that the penus was not in but I am not sure that if there is a penitration or not. If there is a penitration then it wont be more than 20 or 30 seconds. I didn't ejaculate as well. But she told me that there was no intercourse.

I complained this thing to the manager and he told me that this is a licensed massage centre and all the ladies there are medically clear. If that incident was some where else then you need to worry, but here you dont need to worry. But still I am getting anxiety.

I have 2 questions here:

Given that there is no penitration, what are the chances that I got infected?

And if there is a penitration ( I am not sure about that but if there is a penitration it is in her bum and not more than 20 or 30 seconds) what is the probablity that I can catch virus from an incident like that.

I was not wearing condom at all during the massage.

Offline RapidRod

Re: Some one please answer my question
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 08:38:01 pm »
Keep all you questions and concerns in your ORGINAL THREAD.

Offline eagleye

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 09:23:44 pm »
Sir, I am new to this. I dont kknow much about the threads. Can you kindly please tell me how to do that.

Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 09:33:54 pm »
Click on your name and then click on show last post of this person. There  you will find your orginal thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 10:38:01 pm »
I've merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this thread so readers can follow the conversation.

It doesn't seem as if there was penetration and if that's so then testing is not necessary.

For your own peace of mind you have to decide if your doubts about whether the was or wasn't very brief penetration warrants your getting tested. If you decide you need to do that for peace of mind, then get tested at 13 weeks past this most recent incident. My expectation is that you will certainly test negative.

Period.
Andy Velez

Offline eagleye

Am I infected, need some advice
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 08:06:57 am »
Yesterday, I was having sex with a guy. We didnt do oral, we didnt do anal. It was just body play. He was sucking my nipples and then he started biting them. After that, when I was taking shower I saw minor cut on my nipples. I wanna know if that activity is of risk or should I go for some medications as it happened only 12 hours ago. An earlier advice in this regard is highly appreciated.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Am I infected, need some advice
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 08:40:14 am »
eagle,

Saliva is NOT infectious so no, you didn't have a risk and you certainly don't need any medications.

Please read our Welcome Thread and along with taking note of our posting guidelines, be sure to click on the Transmission Lesson link and read it so you can know how the virus is and is not transmitted.

Here's what else you need to know,

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do not need to be tested over a bit of body/nipple play, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline eagleye

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 08:43:11 am »
What if his gums are bleeding, I am not sure if they are but just in case if they are bleeding, is there any risk in it

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 08:46:53 am »
eagle,

I just realised you started a new thread and have merged it with your original thread. You've already been told about doing this - so please get with the program and do NOT start a new thread every time you come here.

It doesn't matter if his gums were bleeding. Not one person has ever been infected through a bite and you will not be the first. You've been coming here long enough to have learned the basics - read the Transmission Lesson if you haven't already.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline eagleye

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 09:07:35 am »
Hey Andy,

I am concerned about my risk. I had a sex with a guy few days before. we didnt do oral we didn't do anal. All we did was body play and he was sucking my nipples and then he started biting them. After that I saw some rashes and cut on my nipples while I was taking shower. I am concerned about this activity. Wat are the chances of getting infected in such a case if the guy has bleeding gums. I am not saying that they are bleeding but I assume the worst case scenario what are the chances of getting some thing from an incident like that provided his gums are bleeding.

My wife is coming to USA to join me in few weeks and I am concerned about her because if I need testing my window period is not over before she comes here. SO give me an advice pls.

An earlier reply would be highly appreciated.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 09:11:23 am »
You were never at risk. Read the lessons on transmission. You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 09:48:16 am »
eagle,

I just realised you started a new thread and have merged it with your original thread. You've already been told about doing this - so please get with the program and do NOT start a new thread every time you come here.

It doesn't matter if his gums were bleeding. Not one person has ever been infected through a bite and you will not be the first. You've been coming here long enough to have learned the basics - read the Transmission Lesson if you haven't already.

Ann

EagleEYE?

You certainly aren't living up to your screen-name. You don't seem to have spotted that your question was answered last time you were here. ::)

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline eagleye

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2008, 08:38:47 pm »
I have a question, how safe is this behavious like some one give you a blow job (he suck my cock) and did some fingering in my ass. i didnt cum, he sucked me for a minute and did some fingering in my ass.
I wanna know do I need to get tested for this incident, How risky is this incident?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 09:56:37 pm »
Absolutely no risk.

Offline eagleye

oral sex
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 02:16:41 pm »
I have a question about oral sex. Last week, i ve been witha guy and we did oral. he gave me bj for about a min or 2. I never ejaculate and he also fingered me. My question is what is the probablity that I can get hiv from an incident like this.
I am living away from my wife in USA and next week she is coming here to see me. My concern is to save her. i am extremely worried about this. Please give me advice in this regard.

Offline RapidRod

Re: oral sex
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
Please take the time and read the posting guidelines in the welcome thread. Do not start new threads for each question or concerns.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=7914.msg241739#msg241739

Offline eagleye

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 02:31:47 pm »
i am really sorry about that. i am extremely worried and would really appreciate if Andy or Ann reply my question.
once again sorry for that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 02:38:28 pm »
Use the link Rod provided to find your original thread.

Your questions will not be answered until you return to your original thread.

MtD

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 03:09:12 pm »
I've merged your threads. Keep all of your entries in this same thread.

You've been coming here long enough by now to be down with the basics about HIV transmission. In the entire history of the epidemic no guy has ever gotten infected from getting a blowjob. It's safe to say that you won't make history by becoming the first. Fingering is absolutely not in any way a risk for HIV transmission, neither having someone do it to you nor you doing it to someone else.

Re-read our lesson on Transmission. All the basics are there.

As far as your recent activities you are in no danger of HIV nor of passing it to your wife.

Andy Velez

Offline eagleye

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 09:29:42 am »
Thank you very much, do I need some testing after 3 months.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 09:35:53 am »
eagle,

Why would you need to test in three months when you haven't had a risk?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline eagleye

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 10:22:51 am »
i dont know, i am just worried and I am more concerned about my wife. i am asking her to delay her visit here but she is not willing to do so. I am scared that this thing is gonna ruin my marriage.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 10:28:31 am »
I've merged your threads. Keep all of your entries in this same thread.

You've been coming here long enough by now to be down with the basics about HIV transmission. In the entire history of the epidemic no guy has ever gotten infected from getting a blowjob. It's safe to say that you won't make history by becoming the first. Fingering is absolutely not in any way a risk for HIV transmission, neither having someone do it to you nor you doing it to someone else.

Re-read our lesson on Transmission. All the basics are there.

As far as your recent activities you are in no danger of HIV nor of passing it to your wife.

Eagle,

Do you even bother reading what we take the time to write to you? You didn't have a risk. You aren't infected with hiv and therefore, you cannot pass it on to your wife.

It sounds to me like this is more about guilty feelings. We can't help you with that here - I suggest you find a counselor.

You will not be permitted to use this forum as a place to wring your hands over this no-risk incident. If you've read the Welcome thread like you've been asked to, you will have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

And by the way, I know you applied for a new account yesterday. Creating multiple accounts is against our Terms of Membership which you agreed to when you became a member. This information is also contained within the Welcome Thread, which you should have read by now. So really, you have no excuse. Try to create a new account again and you will be permanently banned.

Please consider yourself warned on both counts.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline eagleye

Am I at risk
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 01:03:21 pm »
Hello all,

I had an intercourse 3 days ago with a prostitute. It was covered oral and covered vaginal sex. When we finished, I put off the condom with my hand. One of the fingers had a deep cut (that was 2 hours ago) but there was a bandage on it. Unintentionally, I touched the condom with the same finger but I wiped off the fluid soon (within one minute).

My question here is do I am at a risk in this siutation provided I touched the condom with the same finger which has a fresh cut (like 2 hours ago) and a bandage on it. Some of the fluid on the condom got on the bandage which I wiped off within 1 minute. Is there any possibility that I can get the hiv in a scenario like this.

Thanks for your help

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: Am I at risk
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »
Eagle,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different. We've repeatedly told you this - get with the program already!

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

There is absolutely no risk in what you describe. Hiv does not remain viable and able to infect when outside the body. If any hiv were present, it would not travel through a bandage and infect you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline eagleye

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 03:33:15 pm »
Thanks Ann for your reply. Really appreciate it.

I just want to make one clarification here. By bandage, I mean band aid antibiotic strip. It has plastic on the top with holes in it and then the actual bandage is made with nylon fibers embedded into medical cloth. Cotton is used as the absorption pad covered with a thin plastic sheet with holes for ventilation.

Her genetic material which I got on the bandage from the condom, can absorb in the cotton through the holes in the plastic and then finally get to the cut.

Is there any possibility about it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 03:44:15 pm »
Eagle,

Yet again you aren't listening to a single thing said to you.

Listen up.

Hiv does not remain viable and unable to infect once it is outside the body. Small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage hiv and render it unable to infect. No way can it infect you after going through a bandage. NO WAY.

You did not have a risk. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.