Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:05:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 606
Total: 607

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Panara Bread BBQ Salad....  (Read 11862 times)

Offline skeebo1969

Panara Bread BBQ Salad....
« on: February 11, 2010, 02:51:09 pm »

My wife and I enjoy eating at Panara Bread on occasion.  I usually go for the roast beef w/smoked cheddar on asiago bread.  Really good.  Recently they changed a few things on their menu and one of the items added was BBQ salad.  Never hearing of such a dish I wanted to try something I figured would be a little different.

Boy is it good...  I know it sounds strange, but it is terribly delicious!

So after much trial and error I have perfected the recipe and actually like mine better because I can add as much of certain ingredients to fit my wife and I's taste.  So here is the recipe (ignore the name Mike, I had to forward it to my best friend also):

Kraft Honey Hickory Smoke barbecue sauce
    1 can black beans
    1 sm can corn
       Tortilla strips multi colored-usually in produce or by croutons
        (the brand I used is Farm Fresh Tortilla Strips tri color)
     2 chicken breast
       Romaine lettuce
       Ranch dressing

Wisk together 2 tablesp canola oil and 1 tablesp Dijon mustard, pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper, aand a lil salt.  Cube your chicken breast and marinade in mixture-set aside.

Mix ranch dressing with BBQ sauce.   I would say the ratio would be about 4:1 with ranch being the larger number.  When I was first expermenting for this I thought they used thousand island because that's about what the color looks like.  After seeing that was not right, I realized it was definitely a Ranch and BBQ sauce mixture, so in other words you want the mixture's color to be about the same color as thousand island.

heat up your skillet and toss in cubed marinated chicken breast.  You want to get some scorch on it so get it slightly browned.  Remove from skillet and set aside.

In same skillet (not cleaned from chicken cooking)toss in corn , kind of brown the corn slightly but not thoroughly.  Then toss in black beans.  Cook about 2 minutes more once black beans are in.  (set aside)

3 big salad bowls

Place a nice layer of romaine , add a little chicken , a little tortilla strips, corn and beans mixture and drizzle lightly with plain BBQ sauce, important Mike drizzle lightly!!!

Then add more Romaine, Chicken, tortilla strips, corn and beans, and now put as much of the ranch and bbq sauce mixture as you want.

As you can tell the size of everything is relevant to how much you want.  I would say everything is equal in amounts to be added.  Meaning you'll have as much Romaine as tortilla as black beans/corn mixture as chicken...  Remember thats black bean/corn mixture, not separately.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: Panara Bread BBQ Salad....
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 03:06:05 pm »
having just moved back to the South after all those yrs with the Yankees who have no clue about BBQ, right now unless it's shredded pork covered in sauce served on a bun with slaw, and a side of hush puppies, then it just shouldn't have the word "BBQ" in it's title. ;D LOL

however your recipe does sound good and I'll give it a try. ;)

we do a black bean corn salsa here that's kinda similar and pretty yummy

1 can, 14 ounces, black beans, rinsed and drained
1 lg can corn kernels
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
Salt and pepper

toss, refrigerate for several hrs to marinade.
serve chilled with blue Tortilla chips to use as scoops
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 03:13:53 pm »

Ooops...  Thanks Mikie for reminding me, for all you non-cooks out there you must drain and rinse the black beans and corn!

Offline iking2009

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:35:34 pm »
Damn this sounds tempting...(copied whole recipe!)
"One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory."
-- Rita Mae Brown

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:50:44 pm »
having just moved back to the South after all those yrs with the Yankees who have no clue about BBQ,

I really take offense to that.  Remember, Chicago is in the North, and when they have their Blues fest, they have damn good bbq.  Oh, that's right-you lived in Ohio, so you really don't know about the whole North.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 06:58:17 pm »
I really take offense to that.
Since you didn't "LOL" or smiley-face, or "<sarcasm>" or anything (like I did at the end of my comment) I'll have to consider that you actually meant what you wrote. (Matty and I were just discussing last night "the written word can be an imperfect medium" ;) and debating on how much a person needs to post to be properly understood. I'm all for long posts and emoticons so hopefully my typing isn't misconstrued.) I'm sorry you misunderstood my joking around ;) :-*

But actually, you shouldn't have been offended at ALL. :o Both Ohio and Illinois are actually Mid-Western (not Northern) states according to the US Gov't via the Census Bureau (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States). So neither you in Illinois nor I in Ohio actually lived in the "North" according to the US gov't. However, living in Ohio for 25 yrs and frequently traveling to Pennsylvania and New York State, I actually would know quite a bit more about the Northeast (ie "The North" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_United_States), since I was living only 50 miles away from part of the "northern" section of the US.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 07:02:17 pm »
Panera is the best thing to come out Suburbia ever. Right above that slightly creepy grass that like, never.dies.ever.
[.Fodão.]

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 07:05:58 pm »

My wife and I enjoy eating at Panara Bread on occasion.  I usually go for the roast beef w/smoked cheddar on asiago bread.  Really good.  

I always wanted to try that place out. Unfortunately, the one that was by us on US 19 closed. It's been empty quite a while.

I will have to look and see if there is another one in the area.

Ray
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 07:09:37 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 08:06:09 pm »

My Mistake !! I was just talking with Ed ( my non-brain fogged other half)  and he said it was the Atlanta Bread Company restaurant,  that closed by us !   :P

We have several Panara bread places by us, so we will certainly check it out !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 08:50:54 pm »
My Mistake !! I was just talking with Ed ( my non-brain fogged other half)  and he said it was the Atlanta Bread Company restaurant,  that closed by us !   :P

We have several Panara bread places by us, so we will certainly check it out !!

Ray

Ray, if you like roast beef  the sandwhich I mentioned is really good with a bowl of the onion soup they have.

I really take offense to that.  Remember, Chicago is in the North, and when they have their Blues fest, they have damn good bbq.  Oh, that's right-you lived in Ohio, so you really don't know about the whole North.

There is a rib stand around the corner from my house that placed second in that festival you mentioned Betty.  I've had their BBQ and to be honest I can cook better in a conventional oven let alone a pit.  I am guessing in your region you are more for the dry rub variety as opposed to the wet.

I can do all three.... third being a combination of both.  I have yet to taste better ribs than mine and the amount of requests I get from people to cook BBQ at their gatherings tell me mine are right up there with those I have not tasted. *cough* I feel this!

To be honest you and Mikie both have no clue about BBQ.  If either of you are ever driving through Central Florida I'll prove it to you, then we'll celebrate my winning the bet(oh yeah) with a good ole bucket of garlic crabs from Rustic Inn in Ft. Lauderdale. ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:03:05 pm »
The only BBQ is East Carolina BBQ pulled pork with vinegar and spice sauce.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »
finally someone that understands
obviously you're a Yankee with proper breeding.  :D :-*

you're more than welcome to visit me just across the state line up in charlotte NC, when you get dug out of the snowstorm. We've got NO snow here (thank god! I was tired of the blizzards and moved!) and real BBQ just like that. there's a place on south blvd (bill spoons bbq) that is awesome! ;D

If either of you are ever driving through Central Florida I'll prove it to you, then we'll celebrate my winning the bet(oh yeah) with a good ole bucket of garlic crabs from Rustic Inn in Ft. Lauderdale. ;)
It just wouldn't be proper for me to come to your house and bad-mouth your bbq no matter what (I may have lived with the yankees but I kept my southern manners!). So i don't even have to taste your bbq, it IS delicious. ;D Now lets go for that bucket of crabs!  :D ;D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 10:26:35 pm »
The hubs for Barbecue in the US are Texas, Memphis, Kansas City, and the Carolinas.  I'm sorry but Chicago is just not on the list.  Basically all barbecue pretty much grew out of one of those 4 regions.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 10:32:02 pm »
finally someone that understands
obviously you're a Yankee with proper breeding.  :D :-*

I grew up on it at my grandmother's farm on the North Carolina border with Virginia.  I also live for hushpuppies.

BBQ in Richmond (where I went to college) is like East Carolina, except it's minced pork.  Also, please note that a limeade is a must, and an exquisite one at that.  

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/limeade_with_a_touch_of_mint/
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:42:58 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:18 am »
then we'll celebrate my winning the bet(oh yeah) with a good ole bucket of garlic crabs from Rustic Inn in Ft. Lauderdale. ;)

I despise seafood, any other ideas?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 11:10:47 am »

You don't have to eat seafood.  They also have this stuff called parsley potatoes, made with parsley and potatoes.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 12:00:01 pm »

How dreadful.  I guess you don't want to hear about the marvelous raw oysters I had on my birthday.  Hopefully they made 100 of my t-cells vanish.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 12:20:31 pm »
I guess you don't want to hear about the marvelous raw oysters I had on my birthday.  Hopefully they made 100 of my t-cells vanish.

Ug, my stomach is turning. :P   Actually I'm not a huge bbq fan, so I suppose other people here would have more expertise than I.  When I lived in Alabama, they did have a really good bbq place, I can't recall the name.  If I'm on here and Jg is on, I can ask him since he lives in Bama, and we pm'd about it once.  I didn't like the South, though, (at least not Alabama, I've never had the desire to see anywhere else South after that), and traveled back North.  Between my Southern Baptist neighbor, the open prejudice and feeling like I stepped back about 50 years, well, let's just say it wasn't my cup of tea.  Oh, I lived in Tuscaloosa.  The main campus of the U of A is there, but the students hardly traveled off campus.

Edited to add:  I do love pizza, and Gino's on Higgins in Chicago is the best in the U.S.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:24:59 pm by BT65 »

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 12:35:22 pm »

YUCK!  :-[  All of this sounds like a horrible concoction for GAS & gastro-intestinal problems along with the gut problems I have   NO THANKS  ??? you all sound like you have cast-iron-stomachs, I wish I did  :-[
I haven't been able to enjoy good BBQ in about 20 yrs. due to this problem  ???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:37:07 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 12:42:19 pm »
Actually I'm not a huge bbq fan, so I suppose other people here would have more expertise than I. 

You might like the eastern Carolina bbq then because the sauce isn't that typical tomato based sauce, it's mostly vinegar.  And it's not cooked in the sauce you add it on after it's served.  If you like roast pork then I think you'd like it. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »
YUCK!  :-[  All of this sounds like a horrible concoction for GAS & gastro-intestinal problems along with the gut problems I have   NO THANKS  ??? you all sound like you have cast-iron-stomachs, I wish I did  :-[
I also had roasted bone marrow and foie gras!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 02:27:28 pm »

Da shit for sure.  Got me thinking about my mother's pulled pork sandwhiches with her spicy cole slaw added on top! 

I haven't been able to enjoy good BBQ in about 20 yrs. due to this problem  ???

I have the same issues.  If the meat is too fatty or if I put too much sauce on I will be in trouble for sure.  I can remember I use to be able to eat a rack of ribs with a bucket of hot wings and ride the rollercoasters at the fair.  Now 3 ribs and a high speed car chase on TV will send me spinning. ;)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 02:52:28 pm »
This why I always have an extra month's supply of loperamide!  But I've not noticed getting explosive-D from pulled pork, but then again I only eat it about once a year.

Offline denb45

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 02:52:43 pm »
Da shit for sure.  Got me thinking about my mother's pulled pork sandwhiches with her spicy cole slaw added on top!  

I have the same issues.  If the meat is too fatty or if I put too much sauce on I will be in trouble for sure.  I can remember I use to be able to eat a rack of ribs with a bucket of hot wings and ride the rollercoasters at the fair.  Now 3 ribs and a high speed car chase on TV will send me spinning. ;)

Hey skeebo.....I'll just stick to my Baked Fish and skinless chicken, steamed veggies and brown-rice, and whole wheat bread...and I'll be just fine  ;D  oh  and MISS P....I hear ya...  I've stockpiled enough loperamide to last me a lifetime  :D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:59:15 pm by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline leese43

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 05:07:55 pm »
You've never had burnt sausage...oops I mean BBQ until you've been to the UK  ;D
Oct 04 - Neg
Aug 05 - infected
Oct 05 - cd4 780, vl 60k
Apr 08 - cd4 430, vl 243
Jul 08 - cd4 550, vl 896
Nov 08 - cd4 730, vl 1.8k
May 09 - cd4 590, vl 1.5k
Sep 09 - cd4 460 vl 34k
Dec 09 - cd4 470 vl 42k
April 10 - cd4 430 vl 88.5k
July 10 - cd4 330 vl 118k
Aug 10 - started reyataz/truvada/norvir
Aug 10 - cd4 380 vl 4k (12 days after starting meds :))
Sep 10 - cd4 520 vl 1.5k
Oct 10 - cd4 590 vl 44
Jan 11 -cd4 610 vl <40 cd4% 50
May 11 - cd4 780 vl UD

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 05:16:33 pm »
Pfffft! Silly yanks! The only REAL BBQ is some good 'ol Texas BBQ.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 05:33:57 pm »
Pfffft! Silly yanks! The only REAL BBQ is some good 'ol Texas BBQ.

You guys mainly do briskets and beef ribs though, right?  I've never done a brisket before and would love to put one on a smoker.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 05:45:39 pm »
Yeah primarily Beef Brisket and sausage. But the key to the BBQ down here is the Mesquite. Mesquite, mesquite, mesquite! Gives the meat a distinct taste. Hickory wood just wont cut it and Charcoal(shiver) well thats for punks.

Ahhh, and theres nothing better than a good "Cabrito on the Hoof" slow cooked in a hole. mmmmm, mmmm, slap yo momma good! But you have to get the Cabrito (goat) before its old enough to graze on grass,otherwise it tastes like mutton. Blechk!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 06:17:34 pm »
Ray, if you like roast beef  the sandwhich I mentioned is really good with a bowl of the onion soup they have.

Ed's already had that sandwich,  He says it's one of the best ! A little pricy , but you can't go wrong! !

And I love onion soup ! Maybe check it out tomorrow for lunch !!

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2010, 10:51:17 am »

I hated seafood too until I became a commercial fisherman and had lemon sole - no more than ten minutes from coming aboard, being cleaned and slung into the pan with a little butter. You can't get fish any fresher than that. And it was to die for!!!  Fresh-from-the-sea Dover sole is lovely too.

You guys mainly do briskets and beef ribs though, right?  I've never done a brisket before and would love to put one on a smoker.

I do my briskets in a slow cooker. It makes the meat very tender and it just melts in your mouth. The last one I did, I bought some Budwiser brand BBQ sauce (mesquite flavour) and made sandwiches with it. Delicious.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 12:02:02 pm »
I hated seafood too until I became a commercial fisherman and had lemon sole - no more than ten minutes from coming aboard, being cleaned and slung into the pan with a little butter. You can't get fish any fresher than that. And it was to die for!!!  Fresh-from-the-sea Dover sole is lovely too.

Fresh fish makes all the difference in the world.  Suprisingly in Miami it is not that easy to get as one would imagine, unless you catch it yourself or know of a sweet spot you're pretty much guaranteed a rancid experience.  I lived in the Bahamas for 7 years and getting some fresh snapper and conch was just a matter of walking down to Cable Beach...  You could buy a bag of fish still alive for $5 and a couple of conchs for the same....

Offline denb45

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2010, 12:07:57 pm »
 Fresh fish makes all the difference in the world.  Suprisingly in Miami it is not that easy to get as one would imagine, unless you catch it yourself or know of a sweet spot you're pretty much guaranteed a rancid experience.  I lived in the Bahamas for 7 years and getting some fresh snapper and conch was just a matter of walking down to Cable Beach...  You could buy a bag of fish still alive for $5 and a couple of conchs for the same....

I'm a human Cat, I could eat fish and seafood everyday, if i could afford it, unfortunately living here in the south-west-desert, fresh sea-food, isn't available, and it has to be trucked -in, and can be very expensive in my neck-of-the-woods, however, I LOVE salmon, and buy it whenever it's available at my local grocer ......I wish we had a Joe's Crab shack here, I'd be a very happy man, if we did, I got to eat at one in MAINE when my otherhalf took me to visit his mom and dad a few yrs ago ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:18:36 pm by denb45 »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 12:19:19 pm »
I'm a human Cat, I could eat fish and seafood everyday, if i could afford it, unfortunately living here in the south-west-desert, fresh sea-food, isn't available, and it has to be trucked -in, and can be very expensive
in my neck-of-the-woods, however, I LOVE salmon, and buy it whenever it's available at my local grocer  ;D

If you like salmon you should try this some time.  It is one of the first meals I use to like to charm the ladies with when I would cook for them.

1-8 oz sour cream
 1/2 bunch of dill
   Juice from one lemon
  1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
  2 tablespoons horseradish

Mix all ingredients together.  Char your lightly salted/peppered salmon on both sides in some olive oil being sure not to over cook.  Plate it and spoon a little of the sauce over the top and serve with a bed of wild greens.  Really good stuff!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 12:23:28 pm »

1-8 oz sour cream
 1/2 bunch of dill
   Juice from one lemon

That sounds like a really nice sauce for any type of fish. I'll have to try it sometime. I can still get fresh fish from my friends who are still at the fishing, but instead of being less than ten minutes old, I'll have to settle for less than eight hours old (kept fresh on a bed of ice). Still not bad though.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline denb45

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 12:24:59 pm »
If you like salmon you should try this some time.  It is one of the first meals I use to like to charm the ladies with when I would cook for them.

1-8 oz sour cream
 1/2 bunch of dill
   Juice from one lemon

Mix all ingredients together.  Char your lightly salted/peppered salmon on both sides in some olive oil being sure not to over cook.  Plate it and spoon a little of the sauce over the top and serve with a bed of wild greens.  Really good stuff!

Thanks  ;) :D ;D I think I'll try that tonigh, but I'm the only household member that will eat ANY fish or seafood, as my otherhalf HATES IT, so, I'm be grilling him a T-bone-steak instead  ;D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 01:12:51 pm »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2010, 01:22:18 pm »
That sounds like a really nice sauce for any type of fish.

You could be right,  I never tried it with other fish though.  I do know there is a complimentary thing going on with the flavors of the salmon/dill/lemon combination.  I worry it might not give you the same kick in the taste buds as it would with salmon... so in other words if it don't taste good don't curse me at your supper table. ;)

Offline denb45

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2010, 02:16:12 pm »
I'm moving to Cape May.

http://www.innofcapemay.com/

Miss P .......I'd move there in a heart beat, if I could even afford to live there, I' truly be in fresh sea-food HEAVEN  ;D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 02:19:26 pm by denb45 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.