Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:37:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 608
Total: 611

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well All the Paperwork is Done Now  (Read 3969 times)

Offline BigDaneDogs

• Obviously does NOT like my FB pic.
Well All the Paperwork is Done Now
« on: May 31, 2011, 06:32:19 pm »
Well -- all of my SSD paperwork is done and should be submitted by now.  They did a complete psycological evaluation last week to determine the degree of my Rapid Cycling Type 1 Bi-Polar, my ADD, Severe Anxiety and Depression (lovely list don't ya think).  I will have those in addition to my CD4 of less than 200, VL of 400K+ and HCV.  It will be interesting to see with the combination of issues if I get it or if I have to hire an attorney to get it done.  I am hoping the co-infection of HCV, which they are not even treating as of yet, will help me greatly in getting into the program.  It's not like I'm thrilled at living on what my SSD will be, but it is still considerably higher than SSI since I worked my entire life and made good money.  I think it is supposed to be around $2000 per month --- God willing.  If I get on SSD, I can then try to work some.  I got a call today for an interview for new week to work a contract for PayPal which is about 3/4 miles up the road from where I live.  It is just a 6 month contract but would pay be my cantract rate which is not below $50.00 per hour.  Just the 6 months alone would alow me to bank SO much money for my future without losing my Medical benefits, at least that is what the SSD website information I have recvd so far says.  Wish me the best in this very last part of my journey.  :'(
BigDaneDog because I have two big Danes.
Member since 1993

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
Re: Well All the Paperwork is Done Now
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:35:19 am »
If I get on SSD, I can then try to work some.  I got a call today for an interview for new week to work a contract for PayPal which is about 3/4 miles up the road from where I live.  It is just a 6 month contract but would pay be my cantract rate which is not below $50.00 per hour.  Just the 6 months alone would alow me to bank SO much money for my future without losing my Medical benefits, at least that is what the SSD website information I have recvd so far says.  Wish me the best in this very last part of my journey.  :'(

Dane, that's good to hear, but I hate to burst your balloon.  You have to always remember that they have regulations in place to insure that people are qualified to receive benefits.  I'm not being snarky when I say that but remember they are used to some people (and I'm not making generalizations about anyone) who are claiming disability and being caught on film engaging in all sorts of activities that their disability should prevent them from doing   ;)

Once you start receiving SSD, you will be allowed to work and make any amount for 9 months during the trial work period (TWP).  These 9 months don't have to be consecutive.

So, as you said, your contract is 6 months.  After it ends, you will have 3 months left that you can make any amount before it goes into the the tier where they start paying attention to the substantial gainful activity -- meaning that you must make under whatever the set amount is per month or risk being cut off.

This is where many people tend to encounter problems, if they find they are able to work.  I can speak from personal experience because I had an incident where I went back to work on several occasions (a few months here and there over the years) and the SSA fucked up my TWP and I thought I still had a few months left; in actuality I was in the 36 month period where my benefits would be expeditiously reinstated if I were to get cut off and I did get a cut off letter and had to jump through hoops to keep from being terminated. 

Just be sure to familiarize yourself with those amounts - and the time limits of each tier, and you should be fine.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline buca45

Re: Well All the Paperwork is Done Now
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:19:24 am »
I dont get why you think that you should be qualified to receive SSDI, go through all of the process to get them to certify you to do so then say "well I have this contract job that pays $50/hr, but it is only for a 6 month period? You went through this process to let them know you are ill enough not to work yet you want to take a 6 month contract to keep working.
What am I missing here?
I know when I was finally forced to apply to receive the much needed income, I was truly sick both mentally and physically and this was my final straw connecting me to the real world of survival. All of my resources were totally tapped out, I could in no way even imagine continuing in my field and even if I was, the Mental Health issues were making dealing with the public and coworkers a danger to me and them.
Again, what am I missing? Believe me, I am not at all judging you it's just that your idea of what this program is and the fucked up and desperate, at the end of the ropes life you have to have and prove just doesn't make sense. 
"Love and Laughter and Happiness Ever After"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.