Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:44:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 227
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: really scared  (Read 7301 times)

Offline worriedguyneedhelp

really scared
« on: July 30, 2008, 12:37:46 pm »
here's my story
I have a wonderful girlfriend who is pregnant and I made the biggest mistake of my life
I had an encounter with a sex worker about 5 months in, I hate myself for this. The encounter was condom protected from the very start there was brief protected oral and vaginal sex and brief kissing the whole
Ordeal lasted 20 minutes  I had unprotected sex once with my girlfriend about a week after and then I
Became plagued with fear after looking up HIV. My condom remained intact unless there was a tiny leak that's not
Visible as most say would cause it to break. I had dull aches in my armpit and behind one knee for a couple weeks
And stiff neck maybe due to anxiety. I got tested at 4 weeks by oraquick it was negative and felt better for a week
Then at 7 weeks went to a rapid STD clinic and they tested for hIv by clearview finger prick and tested for
Clam and gonna and syphllis all came back negative however he did diagnose me with nsu urethritis and gave me
7 days doxy I never had been tested before so I could have had this for awhile I didn't have any symptoms but
He said there was slight discharge with visible bacteria I came clean to my girlfriend as I love her dearly and we are ok she told her obgyn and got a full panel and swab at 6 weeks since our last unprotected sex and all was negative I'm still worried as I have noticed recently I've developed small red dots like cherry angiomas maybe 15 very tiny and only noticable by me but so has my girlfriend maybe it's petechiae but they don't go away and are very tiny and not grouped I've noticed a couple new ones on her too. Bright red tiny dots on the skin. Is this common in early HIV or a symptom? I never have seen these on myself before not sure if stress can cause you to burst capillaries I know they are common in pregnant women. It's now 10 weeks after my exposure and I'm thinking of going for another oraquick today

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: really scared
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 12:52:53 pm »
Worried,

You didn't have a risk with the sex worker. The only risk you've had is having unprotected intercourse with your girlfriend, but as she tested negative, she cannot transmit something to you that she does not have.

You do not have hiv and you do not need further testing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 01:30:47 pm »
It's hard to move on are tiny red dots like angiomas scattered very tiny like small broken capillaries on skin common in early HIV? I know you say no risk but I gotta be sure I don't care about myself only my girlfriend and our unborn baby  I know 10 weeks isn't absolutelly conclusive but it would be extremely rare to test positive after a 10 week negative right? Never had a fever or swollen nodes that were visible some dull pain in groin and armpit and behind knee but no rash however these tiny red dots on both me and my girlfriend have me spooked maybe the condom had a tiny leak or I was exposed when I removed it I almost wanna get pcr DNA test but scared of false positives but I know a negative pcr DNA is basically conclusive at this point

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 01:35:33 pm »
worried,

PCR testing is not approved for diagnostic purposes.

Both your four week and seven week tests were conclusive because you did NOT HAVE A RISK. Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. They do not have "tiny leaks". When they fail, they do so in a very noticable way.

You do NOT need further testing over this incident.

NO risk, NO need to test. You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 04:51:30 pm »
Thank you for your reassurance ann I greatly appreciate it I will test again out to 12 weeks simply for peace of mind hope as you say I'm ok and plan on making donations to HIV and aids research Once I can confirm with certainty I'm ok I feel like this was an eye opener and will hopefully end up making me a better person.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 10:29:58 am »
well I just tested at 75 days negative via oraquick I feel like I can move on now the counselor there was pretty uneducated and still quoted the sixth month window even tho the oraquick manual states three months thank you for your support and I wish you all the best I appreciate the support you have provided me

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 10:27:37 pm »
Hi all -
    prettysure's post has really spooked me, I felt pretty confident with my 10.5 week result via oraquick advance, but after reading her post im a little less confident, I know you say my exposure was a no risk exposure however anything is within the realm of possibility, I was gonna go tomorrow for a finger prick at 12 1/2 weeks but Im feeling less confident in regards to the window period after reading her post, I hope that her post turns out to be false and not true as this would definately second guess the CDC's conclusive window period, and just about every other state, country.  I have heard on medhelp the docs there have never seen a 6 week negative turn positive let alone a 12 week, he said its vanishingly rare.  The way she talks seems a little off for someone who just had a test at 13 1/2 weeks then 6 days later it flips positive and supposedly confirmatory all within a 48 hour period from her last post, sounds a bit off, do confirmatory tests come back that quick? and she says I hope its a false positive, but if it was confirmed, then theres no such thing as a false positive if confirmed correct? I hope the truth comes out as this definately spooks people and doesnt help at all, the fact that her doc told her to find an ID doc and didnt refer her to one seems illogical as well. I dunno, It scares me, I hope its someone just trying to get attention.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:30:59 pm »
Don't believe everything others post. 13 weeks is conclusive.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 10:43:57 pm »
You didn't have a risk and no reason to even be worried.

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 11:17:58 am »
well just thought I'd update you guys had a full blood draw at labcorp at day 88 and ELISA negative also did pcr DNA just for further piece of mind don't get that back till Friday I'll let ya know but my antibody if exposed at this point should be conclusive I feel like I can breath again I love you all thank you so much for your guidance I will make donations as a result of my experience peace be with you

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 11:33:52 am »
Worried,

You're not going to have much peace of mind if that DNA PCR comes back with a false positive result. That happens with those tests you know, that's why they're NOT APPROVED FOR DIAGNOSTIC PURPOSES! I told you this at the end of July.

If you do get a false positive PCR result, don't bother coming here to wring your hands about it. You are hiv negative on the antibody test and that means you don't have hiv.

You're conclusively hiv negative. You didn't have a risk in the first place.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.