Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:38:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214
Total: 214

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Still flipping out  (Read 6942 times)

Offline rsanders

Still flipping out
« on: October 28, 2011, 09:58:14 am »
I received unprotected oral sex to completion from a guy at a bathhouse.  I also gave unprotected oral to a guy, but not to completion.  I also received anilingus from same guy.  The guy was trying to have anal sex with me but I was not going to.  Both of the oral sex with the second guy was pretty rough, he was trying to get me to deepthroat him and he was sticking his tongue in me really deep and was sucking on my anus.  At one point I thought he bit me, but he didn't, I don't know if he bit himself though.  I've been freaking out every since, really depressed.  My heart rate has gone up.  I can't concentrate because I'm constantly thinking about it.  My stomach feels like it's in knots all the time and I'm having a hard time eating.  About 5 days after the incident I had a couple days of diarrhea, 2 of the days I can pass off on spicy food which does it to me, but there was another day I don't know what was going on.  about a week after that I started worrying about being infected and completely lost my appetite.  I get pains in my stomach, but no real desire to eat.  No foods really appeal to me right now and this has been going on for a couple weeks now.  I haven't had a fever that I can remember, not sure about the first few days.  After I thought I might be infected and the fear and depression set in, I was fatigued for a few days this started right before the loss of appetite and only lasted a day or 2.  I've been having some heartburn and I think I've been burping a bit more than usual.  I haven't been sleep well at night either, up multiple times a night when I use to sleep thru the night before.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:42:42 am by rsanders »

Offline rsanders

Re: unprotected oral sex and freaked out
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:05:45 am »
Also if the loss of appetite if from acute hiv syndrome, does you appetite come back eventually.  I know later on down the line it can be a problem.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: unprotected oral sex and what are my chances?
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 10:40:30 am »
Nothing you are reporting symptomatically is in any way indicative of HIV/ARS. That's not surprising since nothing you are reporting of your activities put you at risk for HIV. And yes, I have read all of the details of your activities.

The only confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. That's it. As long as condoms are used consistently for those activities you will be well protected against HIV sexually.

If your symptoms persist you should discuss them with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV. This is not an HIV situation and there is no need for testing. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline rsanders

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:16:09 am »
Well I can assure you without a doubt that I haven't had unprotected anal or vaginal sex in sometime and tested neg earlier this year.  I'm just concerned he was a gift giver and intentionally bit his tongue to make himself bleed and then had his tongue up inside me bleeding, I don't know how that couldn't be risky and I'm gonna get tested next week anyways to be on the safe side.  The cdc does have the symptoms I'm having listed as possible acute hiv syndrome though.  I've also lost 5lbs in the last 3 weeks from lack of appetite.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:24:54 pm »
OK, get tested for your peace of mind. Nothing you are reporting of your activities or your "symptoms" leads me to expect anything other than a negative test result.
Andy Velez

Offline rsanders

Re: Still flipping out
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 08:50:25 am »
I've also had 2 herpes outbreaks in the last month, the first on I just thought was friction, which I can get from time to time,  I just recently had another one in a place that I haven't had in awhile.  I've had herpes for over 15 years and I'm pretty sure stress can induce it also.  I've also had a dry cough, it only happens a about 5-10 times a day and the back of my throat is red.  If anyone else has anything to add I'd appreciate it.  I'm not gonna be able to go get tested until Tuesday and mentally I'm in such a bad place right now with all of this.  It's been about 5 weeks now since the incident and almost 3 weeks now with loss of appetite.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:57:21 am by rsanders »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 08:58:01 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline rsanders

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:54 am »
Okay I'm sorry, I won't do it again.  Just scared out of my mind.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 09:24:03 am »
Doubts, fears and flipping out are not facts. And the facts you have reported indicate you were not at risk for HIV. Stress can definitely induce a herpes outbreak. You should be discussing any symptoms with your doctor instead of misinterpreting symptoms as signs of HIV.

You don't have HIV. If you want to test for your peace of mind, fine. I don't expect anything other than a negative result for you.

We do recommend that anyone who is sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year because other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Good luck with your test. I expect you to come out of this ok.   
Andy Velez

Offline rsanders

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 09:37:45 pm »
Yeah I was planning on getting a full panel done, I'll let you know the results Tuesday.  Thanks for reinforcement in the meantime.  I hope you're right.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 09:52:24 am »
You'll come out of this fine as far as HIV is concerned.
Andy Velez

Offline rsanders

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 10:54:08 am »
Just went this morning and got the oral test, NEG at 5 weeks and few days.  I'm gonna go back at 12 weeks just to be on the safe side, though it will probably be neg as well.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 11:00:20 am »
It will indeed.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 11:02:31 am »
sanders,

It's no surprise that you tested negative. You did not have a risk for infection, as you have been repeatedly told.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned for the last time!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rsanders

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:35 pm »
We'll I'm sure this post won't last very long before you ban or delete it, but tested positive yesterday from a blood draw at my doctors office. So much for conclusive negative result or no-risk situation.  I assure you at no time that I was penetrated anally and at no time did penetrate anyone else vaginally or anally and haven't.  I also tested neg earlier this year.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:33 pm »
Not from the situation you came to this forum with.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 06:58:49 pm »
rsaunders,

Unless your result has been confirmed with a positive Western Blot result, then you have not been diagnosed as hiv positive. Unless there's something you don't want to tell us about, you won't be either.

Do not post in the Just Tested forum unless you've had a WB confirmation.

You are most likely dealing with a false positive antibody result. They happen, that's why WB confirmation is needed for a correct diagnosis.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rsanders

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 07:56:22 pm »
No, it hasn't been confirmed yet with the western blot.  There is nothing else that I'm not telling you about,  I haven't bb topped or bottomed in over 10 years.  I haven't even really bottom or topped since then for that fact.  I've had unprotected vaginal sex but that has been over a year and I've had 3 negative tests since then, the last was over a year since the last time.  Still have no appetite and have what I believe is a rash.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:00:44 pm by rsanders »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 06:50:42 am »
A false positive is not so uncommon.

So fingers crossed for you and best of luck with the western blot. That's the one that counts.  
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:52:22 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.