Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:50:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773502
  • Total Topics: 66376
  • Online Today: 416
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 359
Total: 360

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tetrasil "The cure for Aids"  (Read 12370 times)

Offline kdouglas

Tetrasil "The cure for Aids"
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:07:40 am »
Has anyone tried Tetrasil?  I found out about it on trueaidscure.com and want to know if anyone had any side efects from it.  The information says it may cause a stress on your liver but it seems worh it if it works.  I've heard of it before and was interested but it was not availble anywhere except in the form of a face cream.  Does anyone have any more information on it?

Offline keyite

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
Re: Tetrasil "The cure for Aids"
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 01:45:13 pm »
kdouglas:

stop spamming our forums with links to trueaidscure.com, or you will quickly get yourself banned.

I've deleted your other postings, but will let this one stand.

Peter Staley

Offline kdouglas

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:29:12 pm »
I don't understand the censorship in this forum which is supposed to promote activism.  I don't think that it is so far fetched to believe that there are professionals out there with a vested interest in keeping a cure from entering clinical trials and receiving widespread press if it looks promising. 

I see that the Florida doctor is shooting down these findings out of hand and without any proof.  Dr. Antelman is a decorated researcher with plenty of credentials and accomplishments to back up his claims.  He is not a 5th grade science student.  It is irresponsible and unprofessional for a fellow scientist and Doctor to so frivilously throw around accusations like he did. 

Every article I read about Tetrasil admits that it causes stress on the Liver and causes fever but with no permanent side effects and no loss of liver function.  Certainly not too high a price to pay.  Dr. Antelman is not asking for any money nor is Dr. Graves.  They're only mission is to have this treatment taken off the shelf and giving it the attention that we all deserve until it is made available in hospitals and clinics or proven that it is not effective.  Dr. Pierone is making a living treating patients with meds that keep subjects alive and paying for treatments for years.  if this cure is effective, he would have to find a new line of work.

Frankly, I don't know anything for sure but I have looked into this vaccine and have spoken to many people who swear that it is available, working , cheap and these people have no agenda to say so if it is not true.  I want people to know about it to see that this and any other cures.  Those who have exhausted all other avenues have nothing to lose.  I have a good friend who is holds a master's degree in Biochemistry and he is  finds the research of Dr. Graves very compelling and cannot concieve of why there is no public outcry about this.  The only explanation that makes sense right now is that it is being suppressed for financial or some other more frightening reason.  Watch those videos or check out that website to hear about those theories.  Personally, I don't easily swallow those conspiracy theories but the Aids virus, as Dr. Bill Cosby says, sure seems to like black people. 

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 10:28:40 pm »
Most doctors become doctors to help sick people. They are serious people who contribute to society. They do not work for Pharma companies. They work for hospitals or clinics or themselves.  No doctor is going to loose his/her profession if there is a cure for any major illness. 
If there were a cure for HIV, doctors would pop champagne and say "thank f*ucking God" that's over, now let's do the same for cancer.  Or vice versa.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 10:54:41 pm »
And there are plenty of large, well funded organizations looking for a cure that are not controlled by Big Pharma.... starting with the Gates Foundation.

Enough with the conspiracy theories.  If they are serious about wanting to get a serious innovtive ides funded and looked at they should apply for a grant http://www.grandchallenges.org/Explorations/Pages/Introduction.aspx

5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 08:23:31 am »
Dr. Graves? Oh please, not that quack again!

I don't understand the censorship in this forum which is supposed to promote activism.

You weren't censored, you were asked to not spam the forum. Spamming a forum is posting the same thing over and over again, which is what you did.

Are you even hiv positive? This forum is for hiv positive people only.

Read the posting guideli9nes in our Welcome Thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline risred1

• My Source for Supps - www.newyorkbuyersclub.org
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:24:59 pm »
It always amazing me what people

Want to believe
Need to believe
Have to believe

I am disgusted buy this posting.

And I'm one who believes that there is a place for supplements in dealing with HIV. Which, I'm sure, can be somewhat tenuous a best when it comes to dealing with HIV. (I'm still going to take them though.)

Regardless, how long are we going to have to listen to the out of the mainstream "cure", that is being suppressed by that monster "big pharma".  Tapping into peoples fears and paranoia is reprehensible. Are we with HIV to be seen as a desperate group without our own recourse? Isn't this in fact a part of the Stigma we are working against?

2 Years ago, we had an interesting debate regarding the idea that HIV was manageable. There was quite a variety of opinion, and there should be. For some its manageable. And for some its not.

But in the overall sense. Statistic are showing improved survivability. And It seems that in general, treatment has improved with the last batch of new drugs that were approved. (I hope stuff keeps coming down the pipeline, which of course is a real concern.)

Yet this crap shows up here on this board, looking for us vulnerable HIV suffers to promote fake cures using conspiracy theories to bolster the claim.

SHAME!

I'm going to stop now before I get banned for over reacting.

well one more...

SHAME!! >:(
risred1 - hiv +
02/07 CD4 404 - 27% - VL 15k
10/07 CD4 484 - 31% - VL 45k
05/08 CD4 414 - 26% - VL 70k
01/09 CD4 365 - 23% - VL 65k
05/09 CD4 291 - 23% - VL 115k - Started Meds - Reyataz/Truvada
06/09 CD4 394 - ?% - VL 1200 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
07/09 CD4 441 - ?% - VL 118 - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
09/09 CD4 375 - ?% - VL Undetectable - Boosted Reyataz with Norvir and Truvada
12/09 CD4 595 - ?% - VL Undetectable - VIT D 34 - Reyataz/Truvada/Norvir

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 08:55:34 pm »
"shame" is not a productive method to deal with ignorance.

If someone is not obviously shilling snake oil, then we have to give the benefit of the doubt that there is ignorance and fear that results in "desperate" beliefs. 

Everyone can get educated to the discourse in a forum, and conspiracy theories and quack cures are old time pals in threatening situations.  There is sufficient history of immense fear, suffering and ignorance in the AIDS epidemic to understand that in 2009 there are still people who believe in bull crap, through no maliciousness. 

Who will take the time to patiently point out logical flaws in false beliefs about AIDS HIV and treatment, etc. etc. for those who still have them. 

On the other hand, shilling is a no no and we need to remain vigilant.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline risred1

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 01:41:32 am »
Probably more noble than I can adhere to. But I get your point.

My offense to this posting in general goes to where perceptions lie in relation to the history of HIV.

(Roughly broken into three sections for the purpose of my complaint)

The AIDS Holocost - (Still of course continuing across the world)
The Med Toxicity Era
The Med Tolerability Era

We are in an era where our perception of treatment is still focused on Med Toxicity.

Shouldn't we try to move to Meds are Tolerable?

The poster we can try to educate, but the message remains.

Big Pharma is evil, there fore the meds are too. And there is that element of persecution. Big Pharma is supressing things you need to know. And its such a smoke screen. It reminds me of those African Bank money transfer scam that still to this day my spam filter doesn't catch. Its like you can't kill this stuff. And someone is going to get seduced.

It is shameful to be posting a message like that if your not HIV positive! (which we don't know)

We are in our own battle and process, making critical decisions about our lives.

The part of me that views the board as collective effort to try to help each other, I often wonder how these posting influence opinion. As a background noise, I just can't help but feel that this message holds us back, increases fear of current treatment, and delays us unnecessarily.

It adds to the stigma about meds.

Anne got it right. Is this person even HIV positive? It is a suspicious posting.
risred1 - hiv +

Offline newbie76

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 05:42:35 am »
kdouglas:

stop spamming our forums with links to trueaidscure.com, or you will quickly get yourself banned.

I've deleted your other postings, but will let this one stand.

Peter Staley

I have just briefly visited this website and although I am sceptical by nature, I couldn't find any link on said site which mentioned that they are indeed trying to sell this stuff or any indication on its cost. Why is that?
25th Apr 07: The worst day of my life
27th Apr 07: cd4 202 14%
30th Apr 07: cd4 126 18% VL 110000
19th May 07: Started Truvada/Sustiva
20th Jun 07: cd4 218 25% VL 435
13th Aug 07: cd4 374 20% VL 64
20th Dec 07: cd4 435 24% VL <50
20th Oct 08: cd4 725 31% VL <50
30th Nov 09: cd4 725 30% VL <50
01st Nov 10: cd4 755 33% VL<50
11th Nov 11: cd4 754 32% VL<50
01st May 12: cd4 864 40% VL<50
01st May 13: cd4 615 VL 609 :-/
14th May 13: VL <50

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 05:51:42 am »
I have just briefly visited this website and although I am sceptical by nature, I couldn't find any link on said site which mentioned that they are indeed trying to sell this stuff or any indication on its cost. Why is that?

No offence, Newbie, but how should we know? It's nothing to do with us. If you really want to know, look for a "contact us" link on their website and ask them.

If you're asking because you are wondering why we said kdouglas was spamming the forum, you don't neccesarily have to be selling something to spam a forum. In this context, spamming can also mean posting the same message in more than one place. It's totally unnecessary and can be quite annoying.

:)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline clsoca

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 10:52:25 am »
In today's immediate information sharing world, conspiracy theories are dead on arrival. There are just too many snitches or otherwise individuals who would spill the beans as secrete informants in this very small world we now find ourselves in. Shoot, even Clinton was unable to keep his Monica affair a secrete.

A true HIV cure would be next to impossible to suppress and hide from the public and I don't see Big Pharma being too productive at suppressing an HIV cure.  Big Pharma also has HIV poz employees who would go public in a minute should such occur.  I know one such Big Pharma HIV poz employee. He said a conspiracy would be unattainable because of the numerous employees and stakeholders involved.

I think people who taunt and tease the sick with snake oil cures are evil or just plain psychotic.

Just my two cents.
10/07 Infected
11/07 Seroconversion
07/08 Tested Poz
07/08 VL 487  CD4 658  (No Meds)
10/08 VL 286  CD4 724  (No Meds)
01/24/09 VL 30,100   CD4 329 CD4 30% (No Meds)
02/06/09 VL 44,000   CD4 367 CD4 36%  Blood Work @ UCLA (No Meds)
02/06/09 VL 44,000   CD4 317 CD4 35% Blood Work @ USC (No Meds)
02/12/09 VL 52,000   CD4 297 CD4 29%
02/12/09  Started Atripla
04/01/09 VL 60  CD4 667   CD4 48%
06-05-09  VL UD CD4 427   CD4 39%

Offline risred1

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 11:47:46 am »
Part of managing the stigma's associated with HIV starts with our selves.

I gather that most of us know better than to invest much time or thought in these obvious hoax's to down right fraudulent claims.

But the reason why we still get emails from folks with difficultly transferring money to the US from Africa, is because it must work as a scam still to this day, on the unsuspecting, trusting and vulnerable folks that share a desperation in life and living.

My reaction is fist pounding. We have much to overcome in our own minds regarding HIV, side effects and our mortality. Every day someone posts how afraid of meds they are.

Trying to change perception on treatment, starts with us. No matter what we say about meds in today's light, still the stigma from the past haunts us. (and understandably so.)

These postings hurts us and plays on folks who have a deathly fear of meds.

With all this ranting from my perspective which is probably for most is a "so what" moment. As a person who just started meds, behind schedule and regretting it, I'm learning that  helping each other is telling the good and the bad.

Folks we need success stories. Largely we have legitimate questions and problems to deal with that deserve our attention and consideration. But that is not the only side of the coin. People comfortable with treatment and are doing well, well, some folks need to hear that too.

Moving the needle on perception. Changing the Stigma in our minds. It starts with ourselves.
risred1 - hiv +

Offline clsoca

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 01:28:21 pm »
I do feel that there is a lot of miscommunication and bluntly lies relative to HIV meds.

The big lie I don't particularly like is all of the big pharma advertisements concerning HIV meds. The depict HIV meds as what they are not. There is a billboard in LA right now that will almost make you believe that HIV meds will turn you into a super athlete. This is just plain wrong.

Then you have your alarmists who constantly bark about the side effects unnecessarily panicking the infected.

From my viewpoint, the realities of HIV meds are in the middle of big pharma's advertisements and the alarmists.

For the most part, HIV meds are tolerable, plain and simple.
10/07 Infected
11/07 Seroconversion
07/08 Tested Poz
07/08 VL 487  CD4 658  (No Meds)
10/08 VL 286  CD4 724  (No Meds)
01/24/09 VL 30,100   CD4 329 CD4 30% (No Meds)
02/06/09 VL 44,000   CD4 367 CD4 36%  Blood Work @ UCLA (No Meds)
02/06/09 VL 44,000   CD4 317 CD4 35% Blood Work @ USC (No Meds)
02/12/09 VL 52,000   CD4 297 CD4 29%
02/12/09  Started Atripla
04/01/09 VL 60  CD4 667   CD4 48%
06-05-09  VL UD CD4 427   CD4 39%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.