Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:01:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 205
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 truths and a lie  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
2 truths and a lie
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:41:45 am »
2 truths and a lie

Rules are simple:
The player states three things about himself, two of which are true and one of which is a lie. The other players have to guess which is the lie.

No - Yes/No answers allowed from the player who posted the "2 truths and a lie"  and the same rules as with the "Interview the Person Below You" thread so each player asking questions can only ask 1 question per go and keep the questions & "truths" off-topic with regards to HIV

The player who guesses correctly first takes the next turn.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:49:35 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
Re: 2 truths and a lie
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:46:18 am »
Truths:

1) I've lived in 4 different countries so far in my life.
2) I've shaved my head (trimmed) since the age of 16 and have never have let my hair grow long since - I get it cut weekly.
3) I've never received a traffic ticket. Recently went through a red light and was stopped by a cop and let off.   
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 05:41:05 pm »
So we have to guess which one is the lie?

I'd say it's 3

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 06:48:37 pm »
Truths:

1) I've lived in 4 different countries so far in my life.
2) I've shaved my head (trimmed) since the age of 16 and have never have let my hair grow long since - I get it cut weekly.
3) I've never received a traffic ticket. Recently went through a red light and was stopped by a cop and let off.   

I'd say #2 is a lie.   
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline LeftyBowler300

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:07:46 pm »
Yeah I'll go with #3 as well

Truths:
1.) I've never been to the Grand Canyon
2.) I bowl in bowling leagues, and I have bowled a perfect 300 game.
3.) A couple of years ago, one night, I was about to propose to my girlfriend when my roommate Joseph barged into the room out of nowhere, tripped and fell over, breaking a glass table with his face. Totally ruined the mood. Now, I didn't know Joseph THAT well, don't even remember where he was from, but let' just say I put my plans on hold to help him through his injuries.

Joseph had gotten big glass shard in his eye, making him completely blind in that eye. He was walking around with one of those cotton pads on his eye for a couple of months. Then suddenly, he disappeared, along with my girlfriend

Apparently they'd bonded during the time after his injuries, and eloped together , left me behind without as much as a note. I tried to track them down, but never could.

In conclusion, if it hadn't been for cotton eye Joe, I'd have been married a long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from, cotton eye Joe?
Apr 1, 2017 DX - CD4 8 , VL 820,000
OI's: Disseminated Histoplasmosis, Thrush, PCP
Apr 17, 2017 started Genvoya, Bactrim, Sporanox, Azitrhomycin
Jun 9, 2017 - CD4 42 (3%) , VL 100
Jul 17, 2017 - CD4 57 (4%) , VL 53
Sep 16, 2017 - CD4 57 (4%) , VL 130 - Ugh..
Oct 20, 2017 - CD4 63 (5%) , VL 100
Dec 1, 2017 - CD4 56 (3%) , VL <20
Mar 15, 2018 - CD4 73 (5%) , VL <20
Nov 5, 2018 - CD4 104 (7%), UD
Jan 26, 2019 diagnosed with HIV-associated DLBCL (lympoma) with 6cm mass near liver w/ abdominal fatty tissue involvement
6 rounds of RR-EPOCH
2 rounds of high dose methotrexate
(8 rounds of IV chemo total)
11 Lumbar punctures with intrathecal chemo
June 5, 2019 - Complete Response/Remission
Feb 20, 2020 - CD4 187, VL UD
Aug 2020 - CD4 247, VL UD
Stopped all prophylaxis
June 2021 - 2 years remission

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 10:10:42 am »
It was the 1st one was the lie.

- This was a *7^t idea for a game if I am honest.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:12:48 am »
Yeah I'll go with #3 as well

Truths:
1.) I've never been to the Grand Canyon
2.) I bowl in bowling leagues, and I have bowled a perfect 300 game.
3.) A couple of years ago, one night, I was about to propose to my girlfriend when my roommate Joseph barged into the room out of nowhere, tripped and fell over, breaking a glass table with his face. Totally ruined the mood. Now, I didn't know Joseph THAT well, don't even remember where he was from, but let' just say I put my plans on hold to help him through his injuries.

Joseph had gotten big glass shard in his eye, making him completely blind in that eye. He was walking around with one of those cotton pads on his eye for a couple of months. Then suddenly, he disappeared, along with my girlfriend

Apparently they'd bonded during the time after his injuries, and eloped together , left me behind without as much as a note. I tried to track them down, but never could.

In conclusion, if it hadn't been for cotton eye Joe, I'd have been married a long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from, cotton eye Joe?

Man, what a horrible story.  I hope ole Joe suffers from double vision in his one eye.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 10:35:52 am »
Yea...That el teach em... 8)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 08:14:22 pm »

- This was a *7^t idea for a game if I am honest.

Think about it this way-- this is probably how Monopoly started :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.