Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:26:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 661
Total: 661

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Olbermann revokes Bush 'free pass' -- Defends Clinton  (Read 5374 times)

Offline randym431

Olbermann revokes Bush 'free pass' -- Defends Clinton
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:53:29 am »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Olbermann revokes Bush 'free pass' -- Defends Clinton
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 09:38:50 am »

Thanks for posting this Randy. It does my heart good to hear someone on American telly talking sense. You go Keith!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ademas

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 09:41:30 am »
I freakin' love Keith, and this is one of his finest!  Thanks Randy.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 09:55:57 am »
All one had to do was watch the Bush McCain debates of 2000, when Bush cowardly got others to do his bidding. Getting other people to attack McCain on his war record. It is so obvious this is the m.o. of this guy.
What I really need to have explained is why so many businessmen stand behind him he was a failure in all his business dealing- who could lose money on oil fields in TX?
Anyway people like our Jack will just dismiss this as more pr so we are just preaching- ever so elequently to our own choir- btw where is that cute choirboi?
Johnny
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 10:22:15 am »
Hello Randy,

Thanks for posting this !! I am also a big fan of Keith Olbermann. I try to catch him as much as possible.

He certainly Zinged ,Zanged and Zunged !! It's too bad that are people out there, don't understand that. I am sure they will.....

Take care-------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 10:35:31 am »
What did you expect a hack like Keith to say? He was obnoxious at ESPN and even more obnoxious now. He has defended the wAskally one from day one. Lying is only permissable if its done by a democratz. Look, its obvious most here and most liberal talking heads did not watch the "path to 911". There was as much negative in it about Bush as Clinton.
Dems and most libs would like to believe that terrorism began with Bush and the movie simply shows it wasn't.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 10:36:13 am »
The Republicans:

Put an Arabian Horse Judge in charge of disaster management.

Put oil company lobbyists in charge of our energy policy.

Put Dubai in charge of our Port Security.....

and put a child predator in charge of the Committee for Missing and Exploited Children.

How did they ever find the time to vote themselves a pay raise?

WHO WILL YOU PUT IN CHARGE IN NOVEMBER?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 10:41:13 am »
What did you expect a hack like Keith to say? He was obnoxious at ESPN and even more obnoxious now. He has defended the wAskally one from day one. Lying is only permissable if its done by a democratz. Look, its obvious most here and most liberal talking heads did not watch the "path to 911". There was as much negative in it about Bush as Clinton.
Dems and most libs would like to believe that terrorism began with Bush and the movie simply shows it wasn't.

Hi my name is Jack and I am addicted to Bill and Hillary...Hi Jack!

You are slipping Jack...you posted without mentioning Charlie Wilson's War.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 10:57:59 am »
ask Keith this, what does the new terrorism bill have to do with US citizens? NOT a fucing thing. It deals with terrorists. Over 130 dems voted against this bill. They will pay for this idiocy and anti US political game at the voting polls or we will pay with more attacks at home.
As I have said many times I was for going into Iraq. Given the intelligence we had it would have been irresponsible not to. Clinton and every Dem leader said Saddam had wmd and should be removed prior to 911. Democrats and the Media value bullshit and posture more than action,that is very apparent.
I am not for the present strategy of staying in Iraq till Democracy takes hold. I would have leveled Iraq and the gone to Iran and Syria and leveled both of those punk dictatorships. This could have been done with little loss of US life. We won't win any wars till we fight the way Roosevelt, Churchill,and Truman did. If you dont wage war on the civilian population you cant win. Unfortunately US doesn't have the stomach to do this so Bush is doing the alternative. His present war is a war Dems would love if one of their own was waging it.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 11:05:07 am »
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Bertrand Russell

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 11:20:33 am »
Let's see...suspending the Writ of Habeas Corpus...allowing one leader the soul authority to decide what is and what isn't torture...not allowing a defendent the right to see the evidence presented against them...sounds like a Islamic state to me Jack...oh no...it is us! 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 11:22:24 am »
The Republicans:

Put an Arabian Horse Judge in charge of disaster management.

Put oil company lobbyists in charge of our energy policy.

Put Dubai in charge of our Port Security.....

and put a child predator in charge of the Committee for Missing and Exploited Children.

How did they ever find the time to vote themselves a pay raise?

WHO WILL YOU PUT IN CHARGE IN NOVEMBER?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 11:24:38 am »
ask Keith this, what does the new terrorism bill have to do with US citizens? NOT a fucing thing. It deals with terrorists. Over 130 dems voted against this bill. They will pay for this idiocy and anti US political game at the voting polls or we will pay with more attacks at home.
As I have said many times I was for going into Iraq. Given the intelligence we had it would have been irresponsible not to. Clinton and every Dem leader said Saddam had wmd and should be removed prior to 911. Democrats and the Media value bullshit and posture more than action,that is very apparent.
I am not for the present strategy of staying in Iraq till Democracy takes hold. I would have leveled Iraq and the gone to Iran and Syria and leveled both of those punk dictatorships. This could have been done with little loss of US life. We won't win any wars till we fight the way Roosevelt, Churchill,and Truman did. If you dont wage war on the civilian population you cant win. Unfortunately US doesn't have the stomach to do this so Bush is doing the alternative. His present war is a war Dems would love if one of their own was waging it.

Jakey,

It's time to bust your bubble. You do this conservative "I wanna blow Dubya" thing but no one here believes it. When the shit hits the ceiling for one of us, you are invariably there for them. Your inherent sense of compassion and love bubbling to the fore.

The sad thing Jakala is that you're not a conservatives butt-hole. You're  a big pinko dirty liberal. You always have been. Whether it was smoking dope and dropping trips back in the 70's and 80's or caring for the people who mean something to you now.

Sure, you like to cultivate an image of the hard arsed conservative, but you're not. The only real hateful conservative around here is RapidRod. It's sad to see a good gay man turn into a mindless bigot, but that's the way the world works. I'm sorry to see what's happened to Roddles. He used to have so much humanity. It's a shame he lost it. Ah well, he's the only one who'll suffer.

But what can you do?

You though Jakala fool none of us. You're not "Jack", you're Jake and you always will be. You think of others first. You loathe the Republicans and vote Democrat in the primitive balloting devices that Texans are able to cope with.

Despite all your bombast and flame baiting you're one of the most left-wing people in this place. You have heart and decency and genuine concern for your brothers and sisters.

You might be able to fool Ann, Terry, Johnny, Hal, Andy, Horn, Staley and the rest of them but let's face it, it's not a tall order. They isn't that bright. Matty fools those self important arsehats all the time.

You can't, however, fool Matty the Damned.

He knows that you're still the dope smoking, liberal voting curmudgeon you always were. As you once told me:

"We didn't get this way playing cards." ;)

With great love,

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 11:36:29 am »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 11:46:58 am »

HOW SOON SOME FORGET.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 12:00:42 pm »
Matty,

Considering I've known that all along - and Jake himself will attest to that - you HAVE been fooled. So there.

Fondly,
Ann
(who doesn't fool easily)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 12:03:35 pm »
No, but easily enough. ;)

Bear with Matty here. It has a point.

MtD

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 12:22:24 pm »
Jake,

Roosevelt and Truman were Democratic presidents.

I hope your going to get/read Woodward new book on the Bush team “State of Denial” You seem to like quoting him when he was saying nice things about your Texas cow pie.

Bush/Cheny/Rumsfeld are not fighting this war correctly. They Hired Tony Snow as a new face to lie directly to the American people. This administration is the most corrupt since the Nixon/Watergate and Cheney and Rumsfeld were buddies back then brought into the White House power buy daddy Bush.

Notice how they are already spinning/downplaying the Foley scandal?  Speaker of the house Hastert say’s “He did the right thing.” Buy resigning. If I remember correctly they weren't that nice to Barney Frank.

The republicans will blame this on Clinton getting head. That’s where their mentality is.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.