Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:00:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 353
Total: 354

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Prayers for Malachi  (Read 12483 times)

Offline skeebo1969

Prayers for Malachi
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:14 am »

I just got off the phone with Rasheen's mother.  Rasheen found Malachi laying on the floor with his eyes rolled back.  Rasheen's mother said he was not breathing.  They called 911 and he is now at the hospital.  That is all the information I have at this time.  I will keep everyone posted as the information comes.  All we know at this time is that he had a seizure.  Please if you pray say a prayer for this sweet little boy.  If you don't keep him in your thoughts.

I'll be back...  If I cannot post due to lack of internet I will call Danny and give him the info to give to you all.

Pray for Malachi !  Please!

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Cliff

Re: Prayers for Malachi
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:11:59 am »
Thank you Tom for this message.  He will be in my prayers.  Please keep us posted on his status.

- Cliff

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 02:35:43 am »
Dear Tom, honey...

Consider those heartfelt prayers sent for little Malachi, and everyone in the family, too!

Very anxious to know what's happening...please, let us know!!

Love to you and Rasheen.......

Zephie :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline DancerBoy

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:38:30 am »
Tom tom-
   I just got off the phone with you, but I forgot to tell you to tell Rasheen when you talk to her that she and Malachi are in my thoughts and prayers....

Call me as soon as you know anything
Love to y'all.
-D
Boys are Stupid

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:40:08 am »

No word as of yet everyone.  Her brother is at the hospital and he said he would call me as soon as he hears something.  I will keep you all posted.  Danny I will call you as soon as I hear something...

T

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 02:41:14 am »
DEFINITELY keeping the little guy in my thoughts.

Wishing you guys all the best

Hugs

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 03:04:12 am »
  Malachi is awake right now and acting normal Rasheen says.  The doctors are going to sedate him and perform a cat scan.

I know the medicines are the reason he is negative.  Could this be a side effect?

Tim Horn do you know anything concerning HIV meds and infants having such severe side effects?  If it is would it be something he can grow out of?  Would this be a permanent condition?   Outside of the seizures there are no other problems.  This is really bringing back some memories...

Thomas

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 04:33:38 am »
Dearest Tom and Rasheen

Malachi has been in my thoughts and prayers from the day he was born..I was so pleased to hear that he is feeling a little better today.

Has Malichi had any rapid increases in temperature?..this could have caused his seizure if he has.

About 5% of all children between the age of 6/7 months to around 4 years old will have at least one febrile seizure, and these usually don't last for long.

You are all in my prayers tonight.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 06:44:19 am »
Rasheen and Malachi are in my thoughts today. Poor little darlin.
Sending you all my positive energy today Rasheen. I hope this was a fluke, and not something more ominous.
Take care sweetheart. Thanks Tom for letting us know how things are going.
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 06:52:50 am »
Thomas,

Little Malachi is in my prayers today, as is Rasheen.
I am sending him big teddy bear hugs & kisses.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 06:53:15 am »
Tom have you heard anything yet. Tell Rasheen that we are thinking of them and hope for a quick recovery.

Offline Tim Horn

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 08:13:33 am »
Dear Tom --

I'm so sorry to hear about Malachi's seizure. 

If Malachi is now off any and all prophylactic antivirals, it's highly unlikely that the seizure would have been caused by a lingering long-term effect of the drugs.  As Jan correctly points out, febrile seizures -- and I understand Malachi has had one of these before -- can and do happen in babies. 

Just as long as Malachi's healthcare team knows everyhing you and Rasheen know -- including all of the medications he received in the past -- you're one step ahead of the game. 

Don't make yourself even more anxious with might-it-be-the-meds guesswork.  The CT scan, and possibly other tests, will hopefully get to the bottom of things quickly. 

Thinking of the both of you guys,

Tim
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 08:30:01 am by Tim Horn »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 08:29:02 am »
Both Rasheen and Malachi are in my thoughts.  I am glad to hear the little one was awake and I hope they isolate the cause soon.

Please tell Rasheen I will be sending them both positive energy today.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Teresa

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 08:53:56 am »
Thomas,

Malachi, Rasheen, and you are all in my prayers. Hope you hear something soon!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:03:17 am »
Rasheen, Tom, & Malachi

All 3 of you are in my thoughts this morning.  I'm sure Malachi is getting great care and hope we'll soon have some definitive word as you his condition.

:'(

RAB

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 09:11:40 am »
Hello Tom,

Let Rasheen know, that we are all sending out our thoughts and positive energy to Malachi . Your all in my thoughts !! I will be wishing the best for the little guy....

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Trish

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 09:16:52 am »
The 3 of you will be in my thoughts and prayers today...

((((((((((((((Malachi)))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((Rasheen))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((Thomas)))))))))))))))))

All my love,

Trish
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline kcmetroman

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 09:57:58 am »
Been thinking about you guys all night.  Positive vibes tell me things will be okay.

Crossed fingers.....

John

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 11:07:19 am »

Hi all....

I got a call at 4 am they are all back home.  Rasheen said the other day he had a very low temp. (99.9), she thought maybe it was the heat because they have been experiencing high temps in California and the inside of the house was a lil warm.  The doctors said it was not a febrile seizure...  when she called I did not get much info other than Malachi was back home and fine. 

Problem for me is why send him home.  This will be his third one without one answer as to why.  The only thing Rasheen noticed during the episode was an excess build up of saliva in his mouth....  I don't know if that means anything.  Right now Rasheen is still sleeping.  I am about to box up my computer and head on out for the closing.  Later today I will be at my friends house and I will give you all any updates I receive.

Let's all give a big sigh of relief, he is home.  Rasheen told me tell you all she really appreciates the concern, prayers, and love you all are sending her and Malachi's way.  I appreciate it too....  I was sitting here pulling my hair out and Zephie you helped keep me level...  Thanks momma Zeph.

I tell you the power of the forums is such a beautiful and awesome thing to witness... 

Once again....  Thanks from Rasheen and I for being who you are and showing the love!

Thomas

Offline Robert

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 11:12:12 am »
Tom,

My prayers are with all of you.  LIke Jan said, Malachi been part of my life ever since he was born.  He gives us all a lot of strength.

Actually, all three of you do (and, of course, his brothers.)  You've got yourself quite a family.

robt

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 11:13:53 am »
Thomas,

It's good to hear he's ok now. I've been beaming positive thoughts and energy from the Rock to all three of you since I first read this thread this morning.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Hugs,
Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 01:42:35 pm »
Have only just seen this.

(((Tom, Rasheen and Malachi))) - you are all in my thoughts tonight.

Melia :)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Christine

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 01:43:36 pm »
Good thoughts and prayer going out to all of you.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 02:57:20 pm »
Dear Tom,

Sending love and prayers out to Rasheen and Malachi, and hoping he will be o.k.   Keep us posted.

Hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 03:43:13 pm »
Hi Tom

I'm glad to hear that Malachi is home with Mum now...if it wasn't a febrile seizure..do you know if any other tests were done? do you know if any bloods teste were done?...Lab work can be used to check if there are other medical issues that could be causing Malachi's seizures..for example a Complete Blood Count can be used to check for an infection he may have but is not noticable, or abnormal electrolyte levels..magnesium, potassium, that sort of thing...i know that abnormal eletrolytes can and have cause seizures in young babies...just a thought...please keep us up-dated.

Thinking of you all

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline eirin

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 06:28:20 pm »
What a relief to hear that Malachi is back home with Rasheen!

Big hugs to all of you!

Offline Quarter Horse

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 07:06:44 pm »
Rasheen,

I just read this post. I am thinking of you and Malachi!!

Brian
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: IT GOES ON.

Robert Frost

Offline zephyr

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 10:06:51 pm »
Dear Tom...

I am always here for you and Rasheen.

That's what family is for, darlin'.

Love,

Zephie :-*

Offline Eldon

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 10:29:44 pm »
Hello Thomas, it is Eldon. I wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Offline Jody

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 12:15:00 am »
We've all been following little Malachi since he was born, it's great to hear he is doing better...All good things to the little fellow.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline RobT

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 02:33:27 am »
It is good to hear that Malachi is doing better. Hope that he does get better and recovers quickly.

RobT

9/27/2005-1st test results
Viral Load >1,000,000
CD4 204
CD4%age 18
CD4/CD8 ratio .23
11/24/2005- Sustiva/Truvada
04/18/2006
Viral Load 140
CD4 402
CD4%age .21
CD4/CD8 ratio .39
06/27/2006
Viral Load 42
CD4 409
CD4%age .21
08/01/2006
Viral load- undetectable
CD4 493
CD4%age .33
Current meds: Atripla
VL: undetectable
CD4: 630

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 08:04:27 am »
Praying here that little Malachi is ok and for his Mom and family as well.

xoxoxoxo

Andy Velez

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 08:14:35 am »

Malachi is back home climbing the walls again!   I could hear the terrible two's  Rasheen is experiencing now in the background.   

Rasheen said that all the blood work and cat scan showed nothing to be wrong.  I hope they are right.   

Rasheen's internet is still down and she wanted me to let you all know she really appreciates the love and concern you all have showed.  She misses all of you.

Thomas

Offline Teresa

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 08:29:37 am »
Thomas,

Its amazing how fast the little ones bounce back.

Glad his tests showed nothing wrong.

Thinking of all of you.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline zephyr

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2006, 11:05:14 am »
Dear Tom,

Seizures and stopping of breathing repeatedly indicates that something is not right, and I'm concerned that the doctor's haven't done everything they can for Malachi.

While I'm so RELIEVED to know that the little one is back to bouncing off the walls, I still wonder what the dickens is going on with him...what leads his system to shut down like it does??

I'm so hoping that Rasheen keeps asking whether everything possible has been looked at, I wonder if an appointment with a Neurologist might not be in order? Sure, the CAT scan may have shown nothing wrong, but I'm just feeling like there is a further explanation of these episodes.

Don't mean to stir the pot, but I am all for knowing what causes Malachi to zone out like he does.

All my love to the family,

Zephyr :-*

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
Dear Tom,

I am glad that things are better now, and I hope that things will remain good. I have heard of children with seizures that grew over it when they got older, I hope it will be like that for Malachi.

Big hug for the three of you.

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 06:52:44 pm »
Dear Tom and Rasheen,

Malachi is always in my prayers.  Take care
Michael
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 06:56:02 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline getbusyliving

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2006, 10:45:38 pm »
The messenger will be in my prayers.  I have high hopes for this little guy. 

GBL
I decided it was either time to get busy living or get busy dying.

120304 diagnosed cd4 26 vl 30,000.
012305 started meds - Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada
06xx05 simply undetectable
07xx06 cd4 202 vl 94
0507 cd4 198 vl undetectable
today - feeling strong

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2006, 09:40:44 am »
So sorry to hear about Malachi but glad to hear he's home and boucing off the walls again. I really hope ya'll can figure out what's wrong and he will be okay.  Cristy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.