Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 27, 2024, 01:05:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772928
  • Total Topics: 66309
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 120
Total: 120

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You've lost weight  (Read 19207 times)

Offline moxieinme

You've lost weight
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:38:52 am »
Why does that statement from people, well-meaning as it may be, still strike fear in my heart? 15 years after lipo-atrophy altered the landscape of my face and body, although now likely only I am aware of the visible remnants, I cringe when someone observes I've lost weight.

I've been in good share the past few years with a regular exercise and weight routine. Last December I decided to do more cardio both to keep my lipids down and to see if I could reduce some of the deep belly fat. I lost 10 pounds and felt good, and was told I look really good, and even by my BMI I am slightly over normal but don't look it. I have a solid build.

I just had day surgery last week so that probably took off a couple pounds. But now I'm getting these comments and it's creeping me out.

Will I ever get over it? It's almost like a reverse of anorexia; I'm afraid of getting too thin.

Anyone ever experience this?
Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CD4 at diagnosis 1989 = 330
Began treatment (AZT) 1989
Lowest labs 1998: CD4=74, 7%, VL=750,000
First sustained undetectable VL in 20 years (2009); CD4=315
Current labs (12/13): CD4=637, 27%, VL=<20
Current meds: Prezista, Isentress, Intellence, Norvir

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Re: You've lost weight
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 09:12:31 am »
Oh yes indeedy , it had more effect on me when I was well. Long ago gave up keeping a check on the weight. Now its done at the clinic and I think we have all excepted I am what I am , which is very very lucky to be hear at all, however much I do not weigh.

Know I get you look ..................er better.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:58:07 am »
Reverse of anorexia is loosing weight? ;)

I've had a bit of experience with this and it's more delicate than the AIDS.  I'm currently struggling with a lot of these issues myself.  I've alluded to this for a while now and am finally addressing it.

I'm usually only offended when someone smaller than me makes these comments.  I've usually witnessed the beef ridden folk who are 200 lbs comment in the negative.

Being fit and being thin are polar opposites.  this for me is a complex issue and I hope you get some good guidance.

wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:18:12 am »
My weight has been stable now for years, but it was all such a problem that I'm still in the habit of weighing myself at home at least weekly. Old habits die hard blah blah blah.

My doctor actually always wants me to be at the upper part of normal weight for my height, so that I have 5 lbs. to spare should I get ill or something, considering my history of weight loss.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:27:00 am »
My weight has been stable now for years, but it was all such a problem that I'm still in the habit of weighing myself at home at least weekly. Old habits die hard blah blah blah.

My doctor actually always wants me to be at the upper part of normal weight for my height, so that I have 5 lbs. to spare should I get ill or something, considering my history of weight loss.

That's great if you aren't dealing with mental aspects.  I weigh myself daily and was confused that the gym in Chicago didn't have a scale.  I wasn't sure how to procede..lol

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 11:12:52 am »
Ok, whew, it's a relief to hear you guys out there know what I'm talking about.

People in my local community, where I moved after my most difficult years of HIV, all see me as very active and healthy, and I get admiring comments for both, which is nice at 50+ and LTS poz. When I do come out to people about my status, invariably the response is "I'd never have guessed." (Yes, we can discuss THAT reaction at length some time...)

But I have been through the years of worrying about wasting and nutrition. I did have the awful lipoatrohy side effects; that was the last period when at every turn I'd see people and they'd remark how I'd lost weight. I did have some slight work done years back to minimize some of the facial changes. This was important because I do public appearances and the psychological impact of body image was an obstacle to, or at least a drag on, doing what I love. Like I said, I've done well taking care of myself and conquered many of those fears.

And of course aging plays its role too, and now it's likely many of the changes are indistinguishable from the natural changes we all experience. That may explain why my HIV-related changes are most noticeable to me and not others.

But this recent spate of weight loss comments just took be by surprise, not least by my own internal reaction and the triggering of insecurities I discover I still carry.

Another reminder that some of our scars are deep and lingering.

Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »

Anyone ever experience this?

Oh yes !! Even now, on occasion some people will say that to me.  Actually, I monitor my weight, every week, and it's always consistent.  It's my face and neck that are looking kind of scrawny these days.

My other favorite is when, someone will say,  " you look tired" .  That bothers me even more.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
My other favorite is when, someone will say,  " you look tired" .  That bothers me even more.

Ha ha! Yup, that's it!

Thanks Ray.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 05:50:10 pm »

Ha ha! Yup, that's it!

Thanks Ray.

I don't get the "you lost weight" comment (I've always been thin) but I do get the "you look tired" comment quite a bit. It's usually true at the time but it sometimes gets to me depending on who says it.

PS- Moxie, just curious as to your height and weight. Nosey me. ???

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:58:33 pm by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 07:23:17 pm »
I don't get the "you lost weight" comment (I've always been thin) but I do get the "you look tired" comment quite a bit. It's usually true at the time but it sometimes gets to me depending on who says it.

PS- Moxie, just curious as to your height and weight. Nosey me. ???
Oh gosh, it's just like an online profile. I could pose as anyone. Hmmm....nah.

Of course I don't mind. These forums are all about brutal honesty, right?

I am 5'7.5" (OK 5'8" for most purposes) and currently with recent extra pounds lost (assuming from surgery) about 168-170. I was in the low 180s for a while up to December, down to 172 as of August after new cardio routine and several very active months.

I've had a relatively stocky build most of my adult life and used to be more filled-out pre 2000. Regular strength training so that combined with lipo issues leads me to believe I have a low body fat ratio. However, as I mentioned I have had reported deep body fat issues related to lipodystrophy. That also means I worry I have less to work with if I do keep losing weight.

That was probably more info than you were looking for, right?

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »
I understand, although I had the opposite problem.

While I did have some lipiatrophy, my big problem was lipohypertrophy.

I mean, we're talking buffalo hump, chipmunk cheeks and a turkey neck that is great if you want to be Jabba the Hut for Halloween

So, while my personal experience is slightly different, I do uinderstand the underlying fear when someone notices something, or thinks they do, about your appearance.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 04:45:19 am »
I understand, although I had the opposite problem.

While I did have some lipiatrophy, my big problem was lipohypertrophy.

Mark

Yes, that.  When I took Crixivan, that's when the stomach issue started.  I've been told many times "how far along are you?" due to my belly sticking out, though the proportion is weird.  It can look like I'm pregnant. 

I do get the "you look tired" comments also.  But I almost always am.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Theyer

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 05:03:33 am »
Lipo was/is a cruel twist, it was like you can stay alive but you look  very differant.

I remember being at the gym first noticing that all the veins in my legs seemed to be be bulging then that something had stolen my bubble butt.

sigh
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 09:08:20 am »
Lipo was/is a cruel twist, it was like you can stay alive but you look  very differant.

I remember being at the gym first noticing that all the veins in my legs seemed to be be bulging then that something had stolen my bubble butt.

sigh
Oh yeah. I only learned what subcutaneous fat was when I realized it was going or gone.  And Crixivan...yeesh!

As I said, I'm at a point in my life where many of the changes are hard to distinguish from changes caused by natural aging. I guess I should add that to the lists of blessings of being allowed to reach this age. It certainly was much more difficult to deal with in my 30s.

Lipo changes are indeed a cruel twist, and as you see from my originating post, and from others, it has lingering psychological as well as physical effects, and actually which often outlast the physical effects.

One last note in response to Mark. Thank you for sharing and describing your own difficult experiences with lipo effects. I want to be clear that in my posting stream here I am not poor-mouthing my current physical condition; I know I am very fortunate to have good health right now. My point throughout this discussion is the lingering stigma of weight loss and body changes that haunts me even when I should be appreciating myself, including good health.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 11:19:23 am »
Kinda strange that it appears ok to comment on someone being too thin while it's taboo to comment on someone being overweight.  We started our euchre league last night and I ordered a small salad and was told that I really should eat something more substantial. 

Salads with dressing have as many calories as a hamburger and I don't understand the need for virtual strangers to make such comments.  I could just see it now if I suggested a salad to some overweight person who was opting for a super sized meal.

Offline weasel

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:43 pm »
Kinda strange that it appears ok to comment on someone being too thin while it's taboo to comment on someone being overweight.  We started our euchre league last night and I ordered a small salad and was told that I really should eat something more substantial. 

Salads with dressing have as many calories as a hamburger and I don't understand the need for virtual strangers to make such comments.  I could just see it now if I suggested a salad to some overweight person who was opting for a super sized meal.

Yes Wolfter , That is how i see myself  :-[   A Plumper . I have been told to eat less  :(
  Having HIV and growing older does not set well with me , I loose weight super easy . But then people
LOOK and say OMG !  You look to thin  :o   
   The fact people like us can tell whom has " IT " and who does not  does not help matters at all .
 As a gay man I find the Male body to be a precious item ,  At almost 60 I find the need to try and repair the damage of neglecting myself .  I learned early on that cloths make the man . May not be good for
all but works for me .   
   Having a husband that still has almost the same body as 35 years ago does not help my self image , I'm happy to have someone that just tells me :  " Your just getting old "   , I should find it a comfort , I don't .
 As for Moxie , I wish i had your will power to work out . Hopefully , and yes hopefully !  This is my year to get off my ass and just do it .
                                                                    Weasel

P.S.   :  Miss Philicia  you are a freak'n hunk !
" Live and let Live "

Offline harleymc

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 05:18:48 am »
Body image is a nasty business. I'm not really sure why we measure ourselves by our body rather than our deeds and character.

Probably the best boost to my body image is attending a (publically funded) hospital gym attached to a physiotherapy unit. Nice mix of people attending, survivors of traffic accidents, amputees, paraplegics, COPD, heart attack survivors, poz folks, young, old... We all look very different.

Everybody talks to everybody else and regardless of where in the path to wellness we are the mutual support is outstanding.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 08:43:14 am »
Body image is a nasty business. I'm not really sure why we measure ourselves by our body rather than our deeds and character.

Probably the best boost to my body image is attending a (publically funded) hospital gym attached to a physiotherapy unit. Nice mix of people attending, survivors of traffic accidents, amputees, paraplegics, COPD, heart attack survivors, poz folks, young, old... We all look very different.

Everybody talks to everybody else and regardless of where in the path to wellness we are the mutual support is outstanding.

Agree.

One off the best gym times I ever had was after my stroke , at the Hospital run by the physiotherapists , I loved the heated water pool.

My pet hate is having sweats in public , yesterday a toddler asked me as I was trying to get out off the cafe " why has your hair wet itself "

Piss off -- the voice in my head said followed by great now your telling 2 year old's to piss off , not one off my proudest moments.

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 10:01:33 am »
As for Moxie , I wish i had your will power to work out . Hopefully , and yes hopefully !  This is my year to get off my ass and just do it .
Thanks, Weasel. There's some will power involved, but also the incentive of knowing first hand how important it is to make sure I'm in the best shape possible to face health issues, be it HIV, drug side effects, surgery, etc. I know too many people who put off basic things like simple strength training or activity to maintain muscle mass, and then have to climb out of a deep whole after a health crisis.

I also like in a small community with a large retiree population. I go the local Y, and usually I am, at 50+, the one of the younger guys there. I see and socialize with men and women who are into their 70s and 80s. Believe me, body image is NOT an issue and the sense of camaraderie and support is really nice. We all have health issues, be they aging related or HIV related.

This is such a welcome change after many years of urban gym-bunny fitness centers, and rewards me with a valuable perspective on life and health and fitness.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 04:03:05 am »
Piss off -- the voice in my head said followed by great now your telling 2 year old's to piss off , not one off my proudest moments.

Michael, that is hilarious.  I'm so glad I read this today, it gave me a smile.  Thank you. :)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 04:22:42 am »
In the early 90s, my friends and I had a grim joke.

There are three kinds of reactions to weight loss:

a) (looking thrilled) You've lost weight!

b) (looking concerned) You've lost weight?!

c) (looking around at others) I told you he was losing weight.

I think about that tonight. I am maybe 25 pounds heavy. All the people who shared that grim joke with me are dead.

Maybe there are stages of gaining weight as well.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline weasel

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:19 am »

Thanks for the reply moxieinme   :)

I truly envy people that live in area's where there are  WMCA's
 or other forms of Gym's available at low  cost or even at all .
   I live almost 50 miles to the closest Public Gym , so I'm not going  :(
 My twin has a fabulous Home GYM !   I do not believe the exercise he has gotten from it has been more than carting the parts up three flights of stairs to a big room on the thrid floor  :o  , and that was 20 years ago ... He did assemble it thou  ;)

jkinatl2 ,   That hit like a lead balloon !
      I remember that joke well , and yes most ,not all but MOST of my friends from back then are dead  :'(
   I think the term Bear has replaced " Chubby "   ?  Not sure , But I'll go for the bear look .

Well harleymc  , I was sitting at Rocc's Pizza last night when the hunkiest new Bar tender arrived ! 6 foot 2 , Tall dark and hansom as ever a man could be , I turned to my sister and said IF I were 35 years younger I would be walking up to the bar  ;)   Not sure of his Character or good deeds  but he was the best looking man ( 22 years old ? )   I have seen in ages . No amount of wondering why we are concerned with body images will ever stop me from knowing a good one  :)

Weasel

P.S.   I've been lucky so far , But if I needed to bounce back from a health issue , I could be in a pickle . So that reminder my be enough to get me to find whatever I need to get a few more muscles .

P.P.S.  On a second note , I find the more POZ peoples I meet and get to know , I can no longer say all my HIV friends are dead . That is my new world and it
works for me , I really do pray to be 93 and still have my POZ friends with me  :)

" Live and let Live "

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
. . .

P.P.S.  On a second note , I find the more POZ peoples I meet and get to know , I can no longer say all my HIV friends are dead . That is my new world and it
works for me , I really do pray to be 93 and still have my POZ friends with me  :)

I agree wholeheartedly! :+

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 11:59:10 am »
yup   those of us  who  have  survived  from the  80s  are  still  rolling along....have  many more  poz  friends now  than  I did back  then.....  losing the few I had  was a trauma  but   the new ones are  great   folks

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline wolfter

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 03:12:24 pm »
In the early 90s, my friends and I had a grim joke.

There are three kinds of reactions to weight loss:

a) (looking thrilled) You've lost weight!

b) (looking concerned) You've lost weight?!

c) (looking around at others) I told you he was losing weight.

I think about that tonight. I am maybe 25 pounds heavy. All the people who shared that grim joke with me are dead.

Maybe there are stages of gaining weight as well.

I'm starting to remember things such as this and actually chuckle now.  The other Greg and I went from trying on several pairs of slacks, comparing which ones made us look thinner to suddenly deciding which ones made us look fuller.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 08:35:09 pm »
Moxie,

Your weight is probably ok. My guess is that sooner or later a bear will cross your way, cuff you, and bring you to his lair. . . feed you with lucky charms and captain crunch.

Watch out!
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
*Started Meds: Atripla
10/12 CD 427 %11  VL 139000 -- 09/12 CD 408 %13 VL 92928
09/11 CD 745 %27 VL CLOT -- 10/10 CD 863 %29 VL 2782
10/09 CD 597 %30 VL 2537 -- 05/08 CD 809 %28 VL 1504
04/07 CD 797 %25 VL 3558 -- 11/06 CD 720 %28 VL 1214
06/05 CD 731 %25 VL 1575 -- 12/04 CD 1176 %30 VL 1329
01/04 CD 959 %26 VL 1011 -- 11/03 CD 1000 %28 VL 1581
12/02 CD 748 %28 -- 10/01 CD 860 %25
08/00 CD 1022 %28 -- 04/99 CD 854 %27
11/98 CD 899 %28 -- 02/97 CD 1400 %37
11/96 CD 1325  VL <500 -- 09/96 – Western Blot
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline mitch777

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 08:38:02 pm »
Moxie,

Your weight is probably ok. My guess is that sooner or later a bear will cross your way, cuff you, and bring you to his lair. . . feed you with lucky charms and captain crunch.

Watch out!

tee hee. ;)

Offline Fisher

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »
Mitch,

Shussh  ;)
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 08:46:06 am »
Moxie,

Watch out!
Hey Fisher,

Ha ha! And this is exactly why I need good meat on my bones. For unexpected health crises AND unexpected bear attacks.

But I'm liking this idea of being fed Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch. Throw in a few Sugar Smacks too, please.;-)

Offline Fisher

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2013, 08:58:08 pm »
You can never know when those Maine bears show up. But if you happen to come across one, salt its tail and it will follow you anywhere.
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline Fisher

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 08:53:49 am »
Moxie,

Come across any bears, lately? You eating berries, stocking up and getting fat for that long Maine winter hibernation? You never know. You might be sleeping and sleeping and suddenly get all woken up and need that extra energy just to fend off an amorous attack from a lusty, grizzly bear.
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2013, 04:06:01 pm »
Holy smokes! Then I'm going to need a whole new Forum thread for Pre-HEART, Long Term bear attack survivors, I guess.
 ;-)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »
Bears should be shot.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 05:35:11 pm »
Problem is, if you wind up wounding 'em then they're even more trouble.

Offline Fisher

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:47 am »
Ms. P.

What do you have against bears? We know they don't go any where near the smell of skunk. So I suppose you haven't seen any recently.
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline mitch777

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 10:07:02 am »
Ms. P.

What do you have against bears? We know they don't go any where near the smell of skunk. So I suppose you haven't seen any recently.
+1

Offline harleymc

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 05:04:52 pm »
But if you happen to come across one, salt its tail and it will follow you anywhere.

"Salt its tail" is that a very coy euphemism?

Offline weasel

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 05:55:43 pm »
"Salt its tail" is that a very coy euphemism?

YES !

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline wolfter

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 06:08:19 am »
there some of you go again, I am clueless. 

Offline Fisher

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, 11:42:48 pm »
there some of you go again, I am clueless.

Known you to be other things, but never known you to be clueless  :)
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline Fisher

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2013, 06:32:30 pm »
Hey Fisher,

Ha ha! And this is exactly why I need good meat on my bones. For unexpected health crises AND unexpected bear attacks.

But I'm liking this idea of being fed Lucky Charms and Cap'n Crunch. Throw in a few Sugar Smacks too, please.;-)

Been getting any good meat on your bones, bear attacks lately? Being so far away in backwoods Maine, I suspect the pickin's are pretty slim.
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Offline harleymc

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 02:29:24 am »
Been getting any good meat on your bones
or should that read "meat on your boner"?

Offline Fisher

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 01:36:17 pm »
or should that read "meat on your boner"?

Go ahead. Make the Fisher bear blush.... Red's his favorite color.
- fisher
06/15 CD 365 %24 VL<20
01/15 CD 468 %24 VL<20
09/14 CD 385 %22 VL<20
07/14 CD 391 %20 VLUD
04/14 CD 486 %23 VL<20
11/13 CD 351 %21  VL<20
10/13 CD 390 %16  VL<20
06/13 CD 315 %19  VL 22
02/13 CD 396 %14  VL<20
12/12 CD 392 %13  VL320
11/12 CD 428 %13  VL1200
05/83 – 04/98 - Mon - Pa

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.