Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:17:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773293
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 701
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 647
Total: 647

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Healthy HIV life style - Your tips and tricks ?  (Read 21654 times)

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
Re: Healthy HIV life style - Your tips and tricks ?
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2008, 03:48:24 pm »
1) Lets make it very simple: RapidRod, you are on HAART no ? So question: Could this HAART have been a monotherapy somewhere in your timeline ? (see this study before answering

John,

This is a perfect example of what I have been trying to tell you (and your silence in the other thread, mistakenly made me believe that it might have sunk in).  Stop asking this question.  It has been answered by RapidRod many, many, many times -- not too mention by many others.  People who don't need medication will, usually, opt not to take it.  That may seem "strange" to you because of some paper you've latched on to and won't let go.  However, it is simple common sense to most.  Just because some scientist is interested in a question and is able to recruit folks to be in it, does not mean it makes sense.  Think about it -- you might have angina some day, so go take some nitroglycerin now.  Do you see the insanity here.

Do us all a favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MONOTHERAPY FOR LTNP already!!!   Go ahead an take 'em if YOU want but stop badgering the rest of us.  Accept people's answers and stop arguing.  >:(

Mike
(who tries to avoid talking like that -- but you really have pushed me to the brink)

Offline John2038

• Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
    • HIV Research News (Twitter)
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2008, 04:11:56 pm »
Bocker3, first at all, I am not gonna SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MONOTHERAPY FOR LTNP just because you ask me to do so.
If I won't talk about it, it will be for others reasons.

Secondly, I am not forcing any of you to read me, and you may want to ignore me from now using the ignore button.

Finally, I am raising 2 simple questions and so far, it is my right.

Do not expect me to be impress by anything else than convincing answers. Forget it. And if you want to talk to me, stay polite.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 04:13:49 pm by John2038 »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2008, 04:45:10 pm »
Secondly, I am not forcing any of you to read me, and you may want to ignore me from now using the ignore button.

Anyone who has tried to muddle through John's threads know by now they are variations on the same theme. So save yourself the headache and take his advice. Let him preach to the choir.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 04:58:38 pm by Dachshund »

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2008, 04:57:07 pm »
John,

I have tried -- longer than I probably should have.  I have felt sorry for you, but now I see that you are really all about your own agenda.  You dont' care about anyone here, only yourself.  So now you can argue with yourself -- perhaps you will hear what you want that way. 

I am done.  Have a nice life.

Mike

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2008, 05:35:05 pm »
This seems like an appropriate thread for me to post a warning I've been wanting to post for a while now.

John -- please don't take any of this as a personal attack, but I really feel, as the founder of this website, that it's my responsibility to issue a public warning about many if not most of your threads.  I would encourage others to link to this posting when they feel it's appropriate in future threads.

John is a very, very inquisitive individual.  He reads everything he can find online about AIDS research.  He is NOT a doctor or AIDS researcher himself -- just a patient, like the rest of us.

In my opinion, John often experiments on himself based on his own interpretations of the things he reads online.  He often attempts to interpret a possible conclusion from research that the researchers themselves never concluded.

This is his right.  It is also his right to post about his thoughts and his own treatment experiences in these forums.  However, other members should take his experiences with a very heavy grain of salt.  In my mind, his self-experimentation is dangerous, and his interpretations of scientific data are often faulty.  He is playing with fire, and if others follow his example, they might get burned.

And that concludes my public service announcement.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Thanks SO MUCH for writing this Peter.  As with most of John's posts, it's not him so much that is worrying (OK... yeah that's worrying) but it's the fact that as we all know there are TONS of "guests" which read these forums without even bothering to register, much less the multitudes on here who have just been diagnosed, and we owe to them (and yeah that includes you John) to be very, very careful with what we put forth as science based information.

If we can not be responsible in this respect we might as well close the entire board as far as I'm concerned.  Restraint is the key word, and I'm surprised that this warning hasn't gone out before now actually but am thankful now that it has.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:43:30 pm by philly267 »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2008, 05:48:20 pm »

Anyone who has tried to muddle through John's threads know by now they are variations on the same theme. So save yourself the headache and take his advice. Let him preach to the choir.

I've missed all of this calamity until now because I had adopted this policy. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline John2038

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2008, 06:30:32 pm »
thunter34, Dachshund
Gloria victis
Morituri te salutant !
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 06:35:10 pm by John2038 »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2008, 06:34:17 pm »

Offline John2038

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2008, 06:37:56 pm »
Gloria Gaynor....
Note: the ignore button is on the left (but you won't be able to ignore yourself)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2008, 06:51:35 pm »

Gloria Gaynor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RofjxpEXuJI

That was inspired and fall down funny.  Thanks for that.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2008, 06:54:12 pm »
Gloria Gaynor....
Note: the ignore button is on the left (but you won't be able to ignore yourself)

Semper ubi sub ubi!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 06:56:01 pm by Dachshund »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2008, 06:58:52 pm »
Semper ubi sub ubi!

Laughter...an essential part of any healthy HIV life style. 

Vale, lacerte!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline John2038

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2008, 07:08:39 pm »
Semper ubi sub ubi!

A Dachshund tips and tricks

Offline Dachshund

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2008, 07:13:23 pm »
A Dachshund tips and tricks

Tam diu minime visu!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline John2038

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2008, 07:33:38 pm »
Dachshund, thunter34 singing
So they ignore

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2008, 07:36:27 pm »
I hope you guys are only trying to illustrate how laughter is a healthy thing for us pozzies, because if the f-word or other nastieness gets bandied about in this thread again, there's going to be trouble.

This is a general warning. Please heed it.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline sharkdiver

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2008, 02:17:28 pm »
Hmmm...on the merits of the science/non-science debate happening here:  I've always loved the quote "the plural of anecdote is NOT data". ;-)

As far as tips and tricks, sometimes this works for me:

-Live life like you are getting judged on how well you suck the juice out of it.
-Shoulda/woulda/coulda's ALL ended with my HIV diagnosis.
-Sometimes HIV is the excuse to go ahead and be the man I always wanted to be.
-Sometimes I need to stay home and cry.
-A twisted sense of humor keeps my T-cells afloat.
-Getting too meloncholy for too long is just selfish.  It lets me forget I'm deeply loved.

and finally..........................

Anything worth doing is done better while wearing a kilt! ;-)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.