Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:15:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: New numbers, I need some advice  (Read 9452 times)

Offline TavoJavi

New numbers, I need some advice
« on: June 01, 2006, 03:52:55 pm »
Hi friends,
It has been a while that I am following your threads and I am learning each day to deal with HIV thanks to all of you. I posted before sometimes and i have always gotten good advices and, specially, kind phrases and lot of frendship.
Now I would like to share with you my new numbers after 14 weeks of treatment and to get some comments and advices.
When I started treatmen (sustiva and combivir) my counts were 11k, 154, 18%, after 6 weeks of treatment my counts were 280, 228 (CD4) and 24,5 %. Actually, after 14 weeks, my last numbers are:  VL<50, 300 and 21,5%.
I am bit worried because of my percentage, I really expected to have at least the same number but it is lesser.
Although, I am very very happy of the virus which is in the range of undetectable and my CD4 are still rising.
I have also some other good news, when I figured out that I was infected I had to plan a long trip to find a secure land where I could get treatment and health support, but I was forced to leave my son because I couldn't carry him to un uncertain destiny. Miracously, I could deal very well with my new reality of a new country, new people, new language and my son is coming finally to join me in two weeks. He is very happy and I really hope to devote my life to fulfill his dreams and his hopes in the future.
I also got a small subsidized appartment for people with HIV and my son will have now a place where he could live, study and help me to try a good father. I still feel very guilty of many things I did in the past.
Thanks to all of you.

PD. I tried to post in the other website all this days and I couldn't find the proper link. When I read a more carefully I understood why.... shame of me

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: New numbers, I need some advice
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 04:22:11 pm »
Tavo Javi,

Wow, your numbers are looking very healthy, and certainly going in the right direction.  Your percentages will fluctuate, but over the long term, tracking it will help you to know where your immune system is going.

If you please, it would be to your benefit to let us at least know what country or place on the planet you are, there are many members of these forums from all over the world and many know of ways to help find family support systems.

Finally, the guilt thing will kill you my friend.  You must face your guilt demons, and place them firmly in the past, where they belong.  We are doomed to live for today, because yesterday is history, and tomorrow is simply a dream.  Guilt has no place in the life of a person Living with HIV/AIDS, and guilt will very simply, help the virus destroy your immune system.  Be a wonderful father, and enjoy your time with your son.  I bet a dollar to a doughnut you will see him married and be a grandfather.  Mark my words.

In Love, and Support.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 04:23:53 pm by Moffie65 »
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline TavoJavi

Re: New numbers, I need some advice
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 12:12:30 am »
Tim, thank you very much for your reply,
It really gave me a shoot of life and hope. Concerning my feeling of guilty, you are truly right, it won't help me at all to find a normal way of living and to have a good time with my son.
Once in a while I come back to the time when I got infected, some two years ago, and all the sadness in my mind when I new my new reality and my decision of leaving part of my life and my son, almost a whole in my life.
Happily he is finally coming and I will have the time to repair all the sadness in the last 8 months.
By the way, I am living in Ottawa, Canada where I met nice and very supportive people that guided me to pass through this darkness and narrow tunel. They helped me to bring my son and to get a wonderful appartment for him and myself. I believe that life has been very kind with me, sometimes I feel that I got too much, but I will try to return back all of this helping other needed and lonely persons.
Thanks a lot
Tavo

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.