Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:02:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 354
Total: 355

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: AMG 08 - Cuidad de Mexico  (Read 7446 times)

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
AMG 08 - Cuidad de Mexico
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:26:03 pm »
Hey folks,

What happening here?  Our hotel is locked in and airfairs are on the rise.  It's time to let our fab and fav Coordinator know what your intentions are.  I think that I see only nine (9) rooms booked so far.  I do, however think that more have airline ticket reserved.

Let's start getting excited about this.  AMG only happens once a year.  It's our event.  Let's make is the very best yet!!!

We can't wait to see everyone again and meeting new friends for the first time.  There is just too much love we all have not to share with each other.

Regards, Ric & Thom
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:46:11 am by anniebc »

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Re: AMG 08 - Cuidad de Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:39 am »
I'm still trying to finalize Mum and Mini's Mega Adventure.  So far, it looks like we're taking a Gray Hound from WV to Tampa (28hr trip).  From there, we'll be picked up by my sister-in-law (yeah! - that was sarcasm) and spend the night with her.  The next day (13th), we'll jump on a plane and head to Mexico City.  We'll leave Mexico on Monday and fly into Tampa.  From there, we'll jump back on Gray Hound and make the 28hr trekk back home, arriving on Wednesday.  It was the cheapest way to do it - just under $800 for the both of us.  An alternative is to ride Gray Hound to Houston - a 38hr ride - that saves us another $100.  Our hearts are still in Mexico, just trying to get there the least expensive, and easiest, way possible.

We should have our hotel booked by next week.  I'll have Hubby do it for me since Spanish is his 1st language.

Mum (and Mini)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:54:24 am »
Hi there

Airfares and hotels all booked.

When everyone is ready maybe we can use this thread to add the names, we have a few threads going at the moment I know but I'm losing track of who is going to Mexico and it would be nice to have list of names in the one thread so Dennis can keep track..thanks everyone and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:57:19 am »
I'm still trying to finalize Mum and Mini's Mega Adventure.  So far, it looks like we're taking a Gray Hound from WV to Tampa (28hr trip).  From there, we'll be picked up by my sister-in-law (yeah! - that was sarcasm) and spend the night with her.  The next day (13th), we'll jump on a plane and head to Mexico City.  We'll leave Mexico on Monday and fly into Tampa.  From there, we'll jump back on Gray Hound and make the 28hr trekk back home, arriving on Wednesday.  It was the cheapest way to do it - just under $800 for the both of us.  An alternative is to ride Gray Hound to Houston - a 38hr ride - that saves us another $100.  Our hearts are still in Mexico, just trying to get there the least expensive, and easiest, way possible.

We should have our hotel booked by next week.  I'll have Hubby do it for me since Spanish is his 1st language.

Mum (and Mini)

OMG! 28 hrs! Surely there is a better way. ?? This would be torture to my ass and back. You are so dedicated to attend this event, mum. My hats off to ya.

Mike

Offline allanq

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 02:28:10 pm »
minismom,

The itinerary you're planning sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.

I just checked Travelocity for flights between Pittsburgh and Mexico City and found a flight on United for $900 (that's the total for you & Mini). The flight from Pittsburgh leaves very early in the morning, but a 5:55 am flight doesn't sound nearly as torturous as a 28-hour bus ride followed by a 6- or 7-hour flight from Tampa to Mexico City.

Send me a PM if you need help in finding a less stressful itinerary that's not too expensive. (I actually enjoy planning travel.)

Allan
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 06:30:35 pm by allanq »

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 07:56:03 pm »
Hi all,

Jan has a very good idea.  I'll take the responsibility of updating the "Arrival / Departure Chart" using the template that Gerry developed in 2006.  If no one objects, that is.

Dennis would you prefer a separate thread that could be sticky noted?  Folks could just PM their information and we could keep the forum less cluttered.

Hugs all, Ric

Offline minismom

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
Alan, thanks for the information.  What days did you have us coming and going?  We'd arrive on Wed, but have to leave on Monday.  Also, we've had some really nasty experiences with Travelocity - the latest being this past Monday.  Do you remember the flight number?  We've researched like you wouldn't believe.  I want to thank you very much for looking into it for us.  Does the $900 include booking fees and taxes?  We found some very inexpensive flights, but the booking charges were $177 each ticket >:(.  We're going to be there one way or the other.

Mum (who really isn't as helpless as she appears online)
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline allanq

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 10:17:26 pm »
Here's what I found on Travelocity:

Wed, Aug 13
Depart PIT 5:55 am United #1154
Arrive ORD 6:27 am

Depart ORD 10:16 am United #819
Arrive MEX 2:26 pm

Mon, Aug 18
Depart MEX 7:00 am United 820
Arrive SFO 9:45 am

Depart SFO 1:45 pm United 2689 (operated by US Airways)
Arrive PIT 9:32 pm

Total Air, Taxes & Fees for 1 Adult + 1 Child = $899.98

The return itinerary through San Francisco seems a little odd, but this was the cheapest itinerary that I could find on Travelocity.

I tried verifying this by going to the United Airlines website, but it kept telling me that there was insufficient time to make the connections. I don't understand how that is possible, since each leg of this trip has about a 4-hour layover between planes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 06:58:12 am »
you are a true sweetie.  During AMG, just walk up to me and say, "Hi, I'm Allen", and you'll earn yourself a great big slobbery kiss! ;D

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Robert

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 10:39:16 am »
"you are a true sweetie.  During AMG, just walk up to me and say, "Hi, I'm Allen", and you'll earn yourself a great big slobbery kiss! Grin
"

OK. Allan.  That's it.   It's settled.  You have no choice.  You must be there !!.

robert

Offline Basquo

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:52:54 pm »
I'm coming and I've posted in the hotel and the arrivals threads.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.