Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 12:28:17 pm

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773299
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 1
Guests: 598
Total: 599

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Travelling to Germany & HIV meds  (Leído 5675 veces)

Desconectado BalkanLad

Travelling to Germany & HIV meds
« en: Marzo 05, 2024, 06:19:51 pm »
Hi everyone! Though I suppose this isn't the right place to ask, you're the main group of peeps I know so I thought you'd be the best to ask. I got offered a week-long student exchange in Germany in June (in reality my American professor signed me up without asking). Everything is paid for and it is a great opportunity, but it would mean travelling with strangers by plane, which means security checks, customs checking my bags and asking questions, questions I'm not sure how to answer, especially on the Balkan side of things, in front of my professor and everyone else. What's my strategy here if there even is one? I have time to tell her no, but I need to assess the options, the risks and the benefits. Any thoughts?
25 Dec 2023 | Started ART

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Travelling to Germany & HIV meds
« Respuesta #1 en: Marzo 05, 2024, 06:51:03 pm »
security checks, customs checking my bags and asking questions, questions I'm not sure how to answer

You are overthinking this. Thank your professor and enjoy the week in Germany.

Keep your meds in your hand luggage in their original packaging, and bring a letter/note from your GP stating that the meds are for personal use and treatment of a manageable condition.

Even when my bags are selected for an additional search (rarely) it is not like they pull the meds out in front of everyone and shout "What is X drug for?" I travel to Germany at least once a year and never have had an issue, I also travel 3-4 times a year for decades to other places and it's never been an issue.

Just got back from Spain, and I had HIV meds, pain meds, blood pressure meds, and shit meds, in my bag, they don't care! The only time I ever got asked was in the US and that was my fault, long story and it wasn't done in front of everyone, I simply told them it was prescription medication and they looked and left it at that.

travelling with strangers by plane

I've never had strangers randomly going through my bag on the plane and if they did i think my concerns would not be about my meds.

;)

Relax and enjoy the trip. Drink a beer, have sex and get an STI.
« última modificación: Marzo 05, 2024, 07:27:50 pm por Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado BalkanLad

« Respuesta #2 en: Marzo 06, 2024, 07:17:39 am »
Go raibh maith agat, Jim! Not sure I'll take you up on the STI offer though, getting lice once and this is plenty😂
25 Dec 2023 | Started ART

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Respuesta #3 en: Marzo 06, 2024, 07:58:11 am »
Though I suppose this isn't the right place to ask

That's okay. I moved it, happens all the time.

Go raibh maith agat, Jim! Not sure I'll take you up on the STI offer though, getting lice once and this is plenty😂

You're welcome. Enjoy and live a little. 
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Conectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #4 en: Marzo 06, 2024, 09:54:00 pm »

ojo.        Hello there!…I also have traveled nice smash ass Jim, and I haven’t had any problems at all in any country that I have visited not even coming back to the US even though I always carry my little “ pharmacy” because I use a lot of medication even I carry an ice pad for the medication that I had to keep cold. When I went to Argentine custom officers wear more concerned about the back of M&Ms that I took down there, then my little. “ pharmacy,.” (my laptop suit case it’s when I carry all my medications, no laptop)… I wish Jim invited me to Spain. I could be his translator maybe next time… Go ahead to your trip to Germany, enjoy and don’t worry about your medication. Well, I don’t know how many valves or medications you carry, but as Jim said, get a prescription from your doctor. Here in the United States, usually or less, all my medication’s bottles have labels on them, so no need for a prescription.… Wishing you the best, please keep us posted and hugs

Ps.

Forgive my typos.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.