Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 10, 2024, 02:31:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773100
  • Total Topics: 66327
  • Online Today: 351
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hemp Oils: Cure for Cancer +  (Read 18056 times)

Offline Roie

Hemp Oils: Cure for Cancer +
« on: August 05, 2008, 06:23:55 pm »
Rick Simpson has found a cure for cancer using hemp oils.
Hemp oils heals  skin conditions, cancer,  diabetes, burns, chronic pain, infections, glaucoma, scar tissue, mutating cells, asthma, anxiety,depression.
cholesterol returning to normal values.
http://www.youtube.com/chrychek
http://www.phoenixtears.ca/index.html

So I got to thinking that if hemp oils cures all of the above and more then what about HIV??
Surely HIV must fall into one of the illnesses that hemp oils works on as well. And if not HIV then it will work on my high cholesterol caused by the HAART.

My only concern is that Hemp oils and HAART may not go together.
Anyway I "aquired" myself a batch of oil that was made by following Ricks exact intructions, and started to ingest a piece that is the size of a grain of rice twice a day.
So far I have been stonned for the past 24 hours, and the sore on my tongue - one of those dreadful mouth ulcers that keep on popping up every now and then, stops stinging almost immediatly after the oil begins to dissolve on my tongue. I might add that I have been in an excellent mood from yesterday.

Please check out Rick Simpsons website for all information on hemp oils. And most importantly of all watch the documentary Run for the cure. It explains and shows exactly what it is, and how to make this hemp oil.

I wrote to Larry at
Research
The Cancer Cure NS team
Cumberland County, Canada's Cancer Cure Community

and asked him if he knows about Hemp oils and curing HIV.

He replied with the following

" People using the medication have reported their cholesterol returning to normal values.  Also, Dr.Guzman of Spain reports in his research that THC may also cure HIV.  We have had no HIV patients yet, so if it works for you, let us know please."

Dear Larry
Thank you for your reply. You now have your first HIV patient. Imagine that, if it does also work for HIV. It will further and improve our struggle so much more so. And I am happy to help in our fight. (Although I could think of other ways in helping, ...)

How much should I take. I assume that the amount of the size of a grain of rice twice a day to dissolve under my tongue.
I am in a bit of a dilemma because I am on HAART meds and am reluctant to stop taking them for now. I also hope that both the oil and Meds will not be counterproductive.

I am not on cholesterol reducing medication yet, so I hopefully by my next blood works (end of August) results will show up.

Will keep you posted as to how it works,
Ronley

Ronley,
You may find some interaction between the medicine and the HAART chemicals.  The oil attempts to repair the damage from chemicals and remove them from the system at the same time as it heals the body.  Make sure you drink plenty of fluids while you use the oil.  It uses the body's water to cleanse the system.  You will find you can wean yourself off the chemicals as you heal with the natural herbal medicine.  Just make sure to monitor your progress as usual.
Please do keep us posted and if you have more questions, please ask.

Sincerely
Larry.

I did disscuss with my Doctor aboiut using med cannabis, He did not think it would be a problem, and that it would help any of my side effects from being on HAART.
Cruise on down the High Way

"When people who are not ready jump in, things can go horribly wrong. For most of us, there is always time to take a deep breath, consider one's options and make a careful, sound decision based on clinical fact, not emotion."
MtD

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Hemp Oils: Cure for Cancer +
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 08:45:48 pm »
Ronley,

You know that Matty the Damned loves you babe but he has to say this sounds like a whole heap of crap and that Mr Simpson is a quack medicine pedaller.

Hemp oil can cure cancer? Where's the evidence? What's more how do you make the leap that this might be effective for HIV infection?

MtD

Offline Roie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:47:14 am »
 Matty, I am not that naive,  but  there is a lot of evidence and research on the medicinal qualities for cannabis. Many many organisations and research teams from many labarotories and universities all over the world are researching Cannibis.
You have a whole page of links here:
http://www.geocities.com/runfromthecure/research.html

Did you watch the documentary? Mr Simpson as well as the pacients using the hemp all claim to be cured. They plus many resarch organisations. So there is the evidence.

My leap to HIV: well if its so effective in all those diseases, then why not one more? , Seriously though I want it to hlep reduce my cholestrol levels. 
I think though that it is giving me diareah...

"When people who are not ready jump in, things can go horribly wrong. For most of us, there is always time to take a deep breath, consider one's options and make a careful, sound decision based on clinical fact, not emotion."
MtD

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 02:30:07 am »
Ronley,

It's entirely up to you doll, but I doubt the wisdom in taking Mr Simpson's word in these matters. He claims that hemp oil can cure all diseases.

I did watch the documentary and frankly the man strikes me as a crackpot. There is nothing in the links you provided or in the video which could in anyway be considered firm evidence of Mr Simpson's claims.

In fact there is very little research about the efficacy of cannabis in treating HIV and the results of that small body of research are inconclusive. I can provide the references for these studies if you would like them.

In terms of cancer there is some evidence that THC is has some in vitro effect on cancer cells but there is nothing which demonstrates the substance extends the duration and quality of patients lives.

Darlin' this is your call, you're free to do as you wish, but I have to point out that given the available reputable evidence THC is not a cure for HIV or anything else for that matter.

Fondly,

MtD

Offline Roie

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 02:49:36 am »

In terms of cancer there is some evidence that THC is has some in vitro effect on cancer cells but there is nothing which demonstrates the substance extends the duration and quality of patients lives.

Matty of cause it helps in alleviating symptons of anxiety, nausea, depression, asthma, pain, appetite. This has been proven.

MtD

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 02:53:58 am »
I know that doll and if you're gonna use hemp oil to relieve those symptoms I think that's great. Well all except the asthma. I'm not certain about that one, though I do know cannabis was used in the past (like in the 1920s) as an asthma treatment. Sold under the name "cigares de joie" or some such.

It should be noted that cannabis can aggravate depression in some people too.

It's the claim that cannabis has curative properties for conditions like cancer that concerns me, that's all I'm saying babe.

Be well, :-*

MtD

Offline komnaes

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:06:26 am »
... "cigares de joie" ...

Where can I find some? The name sounds good and I surely think I can use some now..  :D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 09:56:44 am »
Roie

How much is this stuff costing you? I hope you aren't being taken advantage of.

Sharkie
(who has bought into some crazy and expensive supplements in the past)

Offline Roie

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 01:05:44 pm »
Roie

How much is this stuff costing you? I hope you aren't being taken advantage of.

Sharkie
(who has bought into some crazy and expensive supplements in the past)

Absolutely nothing.
I know someone who generously donated some prime quality bud, so that we could make some oil as per Mr Simpsons instruction.

MtD

Offline rolf2009

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 11:05:15 pm »
Hi there,

just my two cents.

I am using Marihuana on a regular basis (smoking) and as fare as I can see it doesn't interfere with my meds.

My usual CD4 count is around 700 with approx. 36%. And I know, that the CD4 count can vary from hour to hour, but you will stay still in a certain range and not have differences of 300 from one day to the other.

My times between check ups are 6-8 month.

That said, I had two strange spikes of my CD4 count (over 1000 with over 40% - VL was/is under 20/undetectable) in the last few years and after reading about this hemp oil thing, I have to say, that I approx. 2-3 month before the check ups with these very good results I had the pleasure to get some hemp oil (a rare treat, which I smoked over a period of 2 month). So it might somehow be connected.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions. However, I will for sure try to get some more hemp oil and smoke it over a period of time in advance of my next check up. Who knows.

I'll let you know what comes out of it approx. next March (2013)

Happy New Year to you all.

Offline hellrider

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:33 am »
May I chime in on this subject, I don't post much. I have been researching and looking at Rick Simpson Oil for over a year, there was a fellow back a few years who tried to cure HIV with the oil it didn't work, but it did help him with the side effects. Cannabis or hemp has been around forever and used medicinally. The first known hemp oil was found in 1843 using low heat and some type of solvent to extract the THC which has a healing effect. Does it work I don't know but if I had cancer I would try it whats the harm.
Life's a hell of a ride and I still have some ridin to do.

12/8/2010 CD4 693   VL 192,000

Offline hellrider

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 06:01:59 pm »

It's the claim that cannabis has curative properties for conditions like cancer that concerns me, that's all I'm saying babe.

Be well, :-*

MtD

Little bump of MTD useful reminder that the "hemp oil cure for cancer" is unsubstantiated. 

Also my quick Web search reveals hemp oil and HIV denialists are BFFs.

Danger.....
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hellrider

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:03 am »
I am not a denialist, I have HIV and its effects on me in the 2 and a half years are taking its tolls on my body. I have suffered side effects of the damn meds I suffered sulfa allergies and my skin remains red and rashy and quite honestly I dont put much hope in the doc and big pharma and the profits. If it works for someone to function more power to him.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 11:37:38 am »
my skin remains red and rashy
have you talked to your doctor about changing to another regimen? Out of my curiosity, and perhaps for you to get better answers, what are you currently taking and what are you current counts??

I have a slight sulfa allergy but once I was off bactrim all my itchiness and redness went away. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline hellrider

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »
The docs do not give me the benefit, I use the VA and its a long story. I had to do my own research to finally come to a conclusion that sulfa was the culprit, I would break out using bactrim but at the same time I was still using a sulfa drug Darunavir.

I broke out with peeling skin rash this past summer when I was outside for a few hours. I quit my meds on my own since the docs wouldnt do it, they seem to think I am stupid. Its really a long story I am on other meds but still suffer and I sometimes feel like I am closer to death.  I have tried every cream and vitamin known to no comfort, so yeah making hemp oil is what I am going to try when funds are available.

My last doc wanted to look at my butt, I said its not my butt I am worried about its whats causing my cd4 to go way down from 500 to 136. I am miserable and weak.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 02:52:10 pm »
The docs do not give me the benefit, I use the VA and its a long story. I had to do my own research to finally come to a conclusion that sulfa was the culprit, I would break out using bactrim but at the same time I was still using a sulfa drug Darunavir.

That's not particularly unusual and any good HIV doctor should have been able to tell you what was going on. I had a sulfa reaction from Bactrim, but when I took Darunavir my doctor said most likely I would not have any reaction.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mecch

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 03:13:55 pm »
I am not a denialist, I have HIV and its effects on me in the 2 and a half years are taking its tolls on my body. I have suffered side effects of the damn meds I suffered sulfa allergies and my skin remains red and rashy and quite honestly I dont put much hope in the doc and big pharma and the profits. If it works for someone to function more power to him.
I'm glad you aren't a denialist. I was pointing out that hemp oil sites are filled with unsubstantiated claims that it might treat or cure all sorts of illnesses.  So was just saying be careful. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 04:51:34 pm »
....I sometimes feel like I am closer to death.....whats causing my cd4 to go way down from 500 to 136.  I am miserable and weak.
what's your viral load like? Is there no way you can at least consult with another doctor? I mean how desperate and ill are you? Is staying alive and saving your own life worth the effort and/or money to find a another doctor?

If you're on meds (antiretrovirals, not the bactrim) and staying adherent to them, your cd4 falling (below 200 is AIDS territory you know) like that should be raising all kinds of red flags (even if you're not adhering to your meds, that kind of cd4 should be a huge alert to you doctor). If your meds are no longer working, you need to do whatever you need to do to get this situation rectified. Good luck! I know it can be tough fighting when you already feel crappy; but when your live hangs in the balance, you have to be much more proactive and take action before it's too late.
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 05:10:52 pm »
Hellrider, are you currently on HAART - tri-therapy - or not?

If you are not, please stop looking to things like hemp oil, etc. 

OK you are not a "denialist" and you accept you have HIV and that its taking its toll. 

Something has gone dramatically wrong in your medical care if you have fallen from CD4 693, in your tagline, in 2010 to below 136 today! 

There is no alternative treatment that is going to reverse this trend. But finding the right HAART combo that you can tolerate will.

Offline hellrider

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 11:30:40 am »
I am on haart and do comply, my docs are tools. My first doc listened then he left for another ID field, then I had a female doc all she wanted to do was look at my ass, well quite frankly I can be one big ass :-* I told her when you find out what might be causing skin issues then I will comply to her other wants, well turns out she didnt. June I was hospitalized with a 102 degree temp and peeling skin similar to steven johnson syndrome.

The docs do not want to hear its sulfa allergy, but when I refused anything with sulfa they didnt give me sulfa meds, Then I got my third ID doc, he said quit being a pussy about every single side effect.....WOW so this is how they treat our older vets really, so this brings me to hemp oil

What a journey HIV has been I have all functions except daylight and strength. I have been every where finding research and the history of hemp and hemp oil it seems that its been around a long time, I know it wont cure da bug but it possibly will help "da innards", I am quite the hillbilly at times. Oh BTW the doc said that sulfa allergies only affect us HIVers, I said why are you denying I have it.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »
I am on haart and do comply
so this brings me to hemp oil
if you truly are adherent and your numbers have dropped the way you say, then you need to seriously give up this crazy snake oil/hemp oil fetish and get your butt to another HIV/ID doctor. (Maybe there's an ASO that can help you) You obviously have resistance issues that need to be tested so that you can get on the proper HAART regimen as soon as possible. That hemp oil may help your innards but without effective HAART medication soon that AIDS might very well kill ya.

leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline hellrider

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »
I have not done hemp oil and I am on another haart regime but still have skin issues that hasnt cleared up. Did you know sulfa was banned in the drugs in the UK, I am 18 mos away from mediccare so the VA is all for the moment.

Cannabis has been in use in the medical field its no secret look up pharmacopeia. It was made into oil in 1843 by a doctor O shaughnessy and used in powder or tincture form. If you look MMJ can be used and prescribed for HIV in a medical form so dont dismiss it.

Offline mecch

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 05:52:46 am »
I think some of us are trying to say, that hemp oil is one thing, and your HIV treatment is another.  Noboby is saying the hemp oil is poison or bad.  I think 18 months is far too long to wait, considering your numbers.  Isn't there some way you can get your issues addressed within the health care system currently available to you, right now. 

Offline hellrider

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 11:41:35 am »
Its the VA system, I was supposed to go to an appt. but I live 70 miles away and it was to cold and snowy and I didnt want to drive that far into Cleveland Ohio, so I had to cancel and the wouldnt reschedule me for 3 more weeks. I have tried being vocal but was told being vocal could get me locked up for being what they call looney. I tried the emergency room to no avail just ointments

I did go from darunavir to reyataz and it did help a little, darunavir has sulpha. I also have or am now looking into a gluten allergy as  well and I did find that some meds have glutens as well, I havent found the listings as of yet. I do tell my doc but his reply was I have a degree and you dont or the lovely thats not it. Honestly I am well informed, but I can only go when my doc allows it.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 12:15:55 pm »
but I live 70 miles away and it was to cold and snowy and I didnt want to drive that far into Cleveland Ohio,
I can understand that. I had to "suffer" for many years when there was only 1 homophobic hateful ID doctor down in Canton. Although it was "only" 55 miles up to Cleveland, if it was snowing/icy or you're dying of teh aids or you didn't have transportation, it might as well be as unattainable as a million miles away.

getting proper medical care in proper time can be very difficult when one lives in a rural area or is located a far distance from medical treatment. If often means that the patient has to try harder, relocate, or put forth more energy to get the care they need. I hope that you can get good medical attention soon. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline mecch

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 12:35:34 pm »
Its the VA system, I was supposed to go to an appt. but I live 70 miles away and it was to cold and snowy and I didnt want to drive that far into Cleveland Ohio, so I had to cancel and the wouldnt reschedule me for 3 more weeks. I have tried being vocal but was told being vocal could get me locked up for being what they call looney. I tried the emergency room to no avail just ointments

I did go from darunavir to reyataz and it did help a little, darunavir has sulpha. I also have or am now looking into a gluten allergy as  well and I did find that some meds have glutens as well, I havent found the listings as of yet. I do tell my doc but his reply was I have a degree and you dont or the lovely thats not it. Honestly I am well informed, but I can only go when my doc allows it.

Did you accept the appointment for 3 weeks time?  3 weeks is a lot better than a year, a year and a half.

It sounds like a lot of difficulties with allergies, and that is a pity.  But no ID doctor is going to sit by and watch a person's CD4 fall from well in the healthy zone, to the danger zone.  If one doctor brushes you aside, or rubs you the wrong way, you have to somehow make some noise to see another.  If a doctor labels you a looney, that is his/her problem.  Even if you were a looney, which you aren't, you still deserve EFFECTIVE viral control.  If you are adherent, then it must be resistance to the one you are on. 

Also, if you are in the danger zone -200, you should be evaluated to see if you need prophylaxic treatments to prevent infections.

If you are slipping through the cracks, is there someone you can turn to who can help advocate for your treatment?  Are there social workers and/or HIV/AIDS organisations you can contact? 

Offline hellrider

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 03:40:11 pm »
I do make my appointments 99% of the time, I started different meds in late September I believe and blood draw in early November. I was told I dont have many options when it comes to meds is what my last doc said. I do try to keep up but dang this week was rough from warm to extreme cold maybe tats also a cause but this new med. Darunivir was really bad and this new drug I am not sure about but te VA isnt good about returning calls.

Offline mecch

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2013, 03:44:30 pm »
I do make my appointments 99% of the time, I started different meds in late September I believe and blood draw in early November. I was told I dont have many options when it comes to meds is what my last doc said. I do try to keep up but dang this week was rough from warm to extreme cold maybe tats also a cause but this new med. Darunivir was really bad and this new drug I am not sure about but te VA isnt good about returning calls.

Yes we understand that it is a difficult contact, you and the VA.  But I find it odd that you are "out of options". I have not heard of anyone recently who can't find effective viral control.  Something is rotten in Denmark.  But you shouldn't suffer.  I'm going to pm some people who know more about this now to see if someone else can give you some good advice.  I am really worried that you have fallen through the cracks.

Offline hellrider

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 04:05:02 pm »
I do stay in the dark all day in a dreary setting, I do have problems with no solutions from my staff of docs. Ahhh to be able to get outdoors and ride horses and tinker outside in the garden.

Offline mecch

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2013, 06:24:29 pm »
My friend, you are avoiding discussing the most important issue.  How to get some better treatment, get your CD4 up to safety range again. 
May I ask... Who is in your life -- who you confide a bit on how the health is going?  A friend? Family?  Do you have any contact in your life with anyone who has HIV?  Ever been in touch with a social worker on health issues and/or HIV?
We all want to be riding horses but first things first.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.