Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:50:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 341
Total: 343

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So who is going to San Fransisco?  (Read 172752 times)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: So who is going to San Fransisco?
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2007, 09:52:12 am »
Hey RAB,

Just wondering - can we get wet together again this year?

HUGS,

Mark

He He He!   :D

Well Mark, at my age my strokes aren't as firm and long as they used to be, but I can paddle like the dickens! 

Snicker Snicker

RAB   ;D

(Who is of course talking about swimming.   ::))

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2007, 03:25:13 am »
I just noticed this. I just got back from an expensive vacation overseas but this looks like fun and would be great to see and meet other poz people from around the country. Im trying to save money and still pay for my last trip. This looks very tempting though. I hate I missed the one in Montreal. what to do...mmmm. There goes my credit card bill  ::)

Dan J.

« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2007, 09:36:09 am »
I just noticed this. I just got back from an expensive vacation overseas but this looks like fun and would be great to see and meet other poz people from around the country. Im trying to save money and still pay for my last trip. This looks very tempting though. I hate I missed the one in Montreal. what to do...mmmm. There goes my credit card bill  ::)

Don't think about it, just come. You won't regret it. Being able to meet the people behind the words in their post & looking into their eyes knowing that they LIVE with HIV/AIDS to is a powerful thing.

I hope you can make it.

:-*
Dan

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2007, 11:38:26 pm »
Thanks Dan will see if I can get the time off work. Sounds like a great event  8)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2007, 10:07:56 am »
Thanks Dan will see if I can get the time off work. Sounds like a great event  8)

Hey DC:

You darn betcha it's going to be a great time.  Now call in sick, yank out that credit card, and get your reservation made!  You hear me?   8)

RAB

P.S. If that picture in your avatar is you, well mercy lord god almighty!   :o   ;D    :-[>>> Blush

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2007, 02:19:09 am »
There goes my credit card bill  ::)

how do you think im making it there :-D
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2007, 03:07:13 am »
Thanks for the compliment RAB yes that's me in the picture. I just came back from having three weeks for work for vacation in Europe. I spent a lot of money and will have to seriously think about the trip to San. Francisco. I have been before but would be great to meet other poz people. Not sure can get the time off again though not to mention spending more money. Oh well if I miss this one there will be others.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2007, 09:12:37 am »
Oh well if I miss this one there will be others.

Probably true, but try to make it if you can.

RAB

(Who was getting all excited over nothing apparently!   >:()

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #308 on: August 19, 2007, 09:19:13 am »
Took this picture this afternoon Saturday afternoon August 18. 2007.

Had some thinking to do.

No fog...woohoo!

John

Edited to add:  yeah it's not pixel-worthy, because i have a shit camera phone.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #309 on: August 19, 2007, 10:29:27 am »
Great shot John. Where are you standing? I'm a North Bay boy who loves all things Northern California.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:51:55 am by Dachshund »

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #310 on: August 19, 2007, 10:35:00 am »
Dach's right John, great shot.  Thanks! 

(Could you arrange for all our days in SF to be "fog free"?  Please, purty please?  If not then maybe have the fog leave by 10:00 a.m. or so?)

RAB

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #311 on: August 20, 2007, 12:27:37 am »
Thanks for your compliments Dox and RAB....

I was standing at the very top of the Marin Headlands (where the bunkers from World War II are located).

Alas, today was a total 180 degree turn around.  The fog had totally obliterated  the Golden Gate Bridge (just the top of the two towers peaking thru), over the Financial District, and all along the Peninsula hills.  I had just driven thru the Caldecott Tunnel on Highway 24 and was struck by how beautiful this area is when the fog swirls all about.

Tried to get pictures from both Crown Beach at Alameda and Berkeley Marina, but they just didn't come out very well with my phone.

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #312 on: August 30, 2007, 11:06:11 pm »
I finally got my september schedule.  I will arive as scheduled on the 13th but I have to leave on the 15th due to work.  But, will see ya during that time!
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #313 on: August 31, 2007, 10:32:58 am »
I finally got my september schedule.  I will arive as scheduled on the 13th but I have to leave on the 15th due to work.  But, will see ya during that time!

Well finally!  That's great news SD.  I read in another thread you'll be in "uniform"?  Could you also bring the liquor cart with you too?   ;D  I think you'd be serving a very worthy cause!   ;) 

RAB

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2007, 12:15:16 pm »
If any of ya'all are on my flight you can have whatever alcohol you want!  Seriously, if I was working up to SFO I would bring everything we got in first class (they do not account for that and it gets refilled at every station) but alas, I am just lowly nonrevenue traveler so I cannot touch their carts.
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.