HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Fingering Menstrual Blood and Symtomp

(1/2) > >>

loebh132:
Dear All,

First Sorry for my bad english. Ive been silent reader of this forums and would like to say youve done great job here in educating and supporting people.

Please help to assess my situation.

Five weeks ago I engaged with CSW. Exposure are:
1. Insertive Oral. Ejaculated in mouth
2. Slight contact head of penis with opening vagina. Penis have precum. No penetration.
3. Fingering vagina rough for 1-2 minutes and then noticed menstrual blood on my finger. This one really freaks me out!

I read those are low risk activity so I tried not to think about HIV.

However I got symtomps after that:
1. Eight days later my neck and back of knee sometimes ached like stinging. Mild neck stiffness. Then my neck a bit swollen near throat. Doctor said its due to my lymph node. Prescribed antibiotics. Swelling reduced but still can be felt with touch
2. Now 35 days later, ANOTHER neck swelling near jaw. My tongue looked a little white (thrush?) Neck and back of knee still ached

Im really scared because multiple lymph node swelling is very common symptom of HIV. Right?

Maybe I got HIV from fingering with menstrual blood? After the incident my finger hurt sometimes when I touch fabrics or hair. Is there something like microscopic cut on finger that can be entry of HIV? I read woman have high viral load during menstruation period..

If precum at head of penis touch vaginal fluid but no penetration, is it possible for HIV transmission to occur?

From CDC website:
"There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission due to an exposure involving a small amount of blood on intact skin (a few drops of blood on skin for a short period of time)

How about exposure fingering with a lot menstrual blood for longer time like me? Can HIV infect through skin if the exposure long enough..?

At this point I am quite sure I got HIV and planning to test at 6weeks.. Hope your assessment can calm me a little bit before the test result bring the news..

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Read your post three times.

What you posted here was no HIV risk whatsoever and your "what if" questions are no HIV risk either.

You did not acquire HIV from this encounter that much is certain. However, as you are sexually active do test at least yearly out of routine for HIV & STI's.

--- Quote ---How about exposure fingering with a lot menstrual blood for longer time like me?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---After the incident my finger hurt sometimes when I touch fabrics or hair. Is there something like microscopic cut on finger that can be entry of HIV?
--- End quote ---

No, as it lacks a route to cause HIV infection, hence nobody has ever acquired HIV this way. Stop reading nonsense online and move on with your life.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP going forward as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

loebh132:
Jim,

Thanks for your reply

--- Quote ---You did not acquire HIV from this encounter that much is certain. However, as you are sexually active do test at least yearly out of routine for HIV & STI's.
--- End quote ---

Actually before my last encounter mentioned above, I did HIV test due to another risky exposure  in end of January which is dipping vagina unproteced. The test were:
Early June: CMIA
Eearly April: CMIA
End of March: RT PCR DNA Qualitative

All result non reactive/undetected

Do you think I still need to test regarding my last exposure 5 weeks ago? (fingering with menstrual blood,frottage and insertive oral)

What do you expect my result will be?

Currently Im still feeling a little muscle pain around my thigh and neck, also fatigue.

Thanks

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---Do you think I still need to test regarding my last exposure 5 weeks ago? (fingering with menstrual blood,frottage and insertive oral)
--- End quote ---

I've already explained you had no exposure 5 weeks ago. You did not acquire HIV from that encounter that much is certain, and as you had no HIV exposure, no HIV risk, no HIV testing outside of routine is needed.

--- Quote ---Actually before my last encounter mentioned above, I did HIV test due to another risky exposure  in end of January which is dipping vagina unproteced. The test were:
Early June: CMIA
--- End quote ---

Okay. Well, as you are sexually active screen yearly for HIV & STI's out of routine, considering you last tested in June 2021 you would be due again in June 2022.

loebh132:
Hi,

I decided to get tested because since 3 days ago I am feeling nauseous like want to throw up and also dizziness. Couldnt take it anymore with the anxiety

I tested 6 weeks past exposure CMIA method with result: Non Reactive

Since Jim said I didnt have risk to begin with I'll take this as conclusive result.
I guess looking for symptmom due to anxiety will only make your body actually sick. If you cant handle the anxiety better stay away from HIV risk..

I wish everyone the best in this forum

Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version