HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Any Risk? Please help 🥺

(1/2) > >>

Esrar92:
Dear friends,

I had sex with an unknown girl (i don't know if she is positive or not) sex was with condom. We had oral sex as well, it only took 30 seconds no more.(blowjob, i was the receiver). I didn't see any blood or something else and I didn't have broken skin on my penis.

Is there any risk?

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV. Thus it makes sense that after nearly 40 years of this pandemic in terms of BJ's there hasn’t been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked") and you will not be the worlds first.

As for intercourse, HIV can't transmit through an intact latex or polyurethane condom. If a condom fails during the act of intercourse it is obvious and there is no reason to be stressing about intercourse as long as this obvious issue did not happen.

So unless there have been other sexual encounters my advice is to move on with your life, use condoms for any intercourse, no exceptions and test at least yearly out of routine for HIV and easier to acquire STI's

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP going forward as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Esrar92:
Thank you for the detailed answer. I have only one question.
Can HIV be transmitted by blood or saliva during the blowjob through the head of penis?

Jim Allen:
Saliva is hostile towards HIV so that's not an issue and trace blood during a blowjob would not be uncommon, it's not an issue given the barriers, quantity and the hostile environment.

Hence nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear.

--- Quote ---Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV. Thus it makes sense that after nearly 40 years of this pandemic in terms of BJ's there hasn’t been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked") and you will not be the worlds first.
--- End quote ---

Now in theory, as in it's never happened before, if you stabbed your partner in the mouth with a knife or beat them to a bloody pulp within half an inch of their life requiring urgent medical care but instead whilst they are pissing blood out of their face decided to put your penis in their mouth it would be a theoretical risk but you would also have bigger issues to face in life.

However, I trust you are not the homicidal type and I think you would have mentioned being covered in blood and an ambulance sooner in the assessment if that was a factor. 

Esrar92:
Hi,

I have a 30 seconds blowjob contact with an unknown girl. I know that the risk is very low however I would like to make a test. It happened 16 days ago and I don't have an opportunity to make a test at the moment. Is it going to be okay if I make it after 6 months?and which test is most recommended?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version